Deleted

Problem with sound

Hey guys, could you help me? My Ventrilo sound settings are messed up. I can hear every single warning/error sound but just can't hear anyone elses talk. I can hear sound in everywhere else such as YouTube, WoW, Skype.. but the sound is just fucked up in Ventrilo. My second problem is microphone. I'm using Microsoft LifeChat LX-1000 headset which works on other computers. I can't just make any sound even though nothing is muted. I have checked every setting and just can't find the problem (no I'm not that stupid that I wouldn't had checked is the mic itself muted or is it in the right port.) My computer recognizes the mic but the sound bars just won't go green when I speak. When I pull out the jack it sometimes shows that the sound bars are green but it disappears right after it. My computer processor is AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 720 Processor 2.80 GHz, my RAM-memory is 6 Gt and my computer runs 64-bit and I'm using Asus motherboard.

If you have had the same problems could you please reply on this thread? Or if you just are into computers and know what to do I would appreciate the help.

Here's my Vent sound setup
    Last edited by mmocf1ede84118; 2012-05-09 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried reinstalling ventrilo?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling ventrilo?
    Yes I tried but it didn't do anything. I also deleted the folder where is Vent history to make Vent settings default and I had to type my name and Vent server and stuff all again since it did reset everything. Still doesn't work..

10+ Year Old Account
    Launching it with admin rights?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Launching it with admin rights?
    ofc, doing that on everything, even WoW

Deleted
    You have the soundcard Mic port selected, Is the Microphone not usb?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    You have the soundcard Mic port selected, Is the Microphone not usb?
    Not USB, 3.5mm jack and the mic is in the pink port with picture of mic and headphones in green with picture of headphones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donareth View Post
    Not USB, 3.5mm jack and the mic is in the pink port with picture of mic and headphones in green with picture of headphones.

hmmm.

You havnt muted it in the soundcard drivers or turned on mute on the actual mic?

Does it show no sound in the Windows sound options?.. Right click on Volume button, Goto Recording devices, Properties...
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-05-10 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    hmmm.

You havnt muted it in the soundcard drivers or turned on mute on the actual mic?

Does it show no sound in the Windows sound options?.. Right click on Volume button, Goto Recording devices, Properties...
    It doesn't show sound even though all the sound bars are maxed out.. And mic isn't muted.

Deleted
    IF its a desktop, Does it have other mic connectors?

Deleted
    IF its a desktop, Does it have other mic connectors?
    It's like this http://s.cdon.com/media-dynamic/imag...6701-frntl.png, it has 3.5mm green jack for headphones and 3.5mm jack for mic. They work fine on other computers so the problem isn't in the headset.