Problem with trial.. error 2008

I cant post on main forums so I will try here.. I tried logging into the game on my trial and when I try I get this "your account only has a preorder key! Please apply a retail key or purchase a digital download to continue playing rift!"

Why? I just started my trial last night and didn't even get to level 2..

Haven't seen that error before. What does your account page says on the website?

Well it's a trial so yeah.. I called them actually, they said they are moving their client to a "streaming client" or something so this is one of many errors people are getting, guess I have to wait? sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Well it's a trial so yeah.. I called them actually, they said they are moving their client to a "streaming client" or something so this is one of many errors people are getting, guess I have to wait? sigh
    I know you can't post on the official forums but you can still view/search them. I would search that error on the tech board forum and I'm sure others have encountered it. Not sure if it's streaming client related or not.

I have searched, all the errors are due to people waiting for their game time to activate.. its different for me because I am on a trial game.. I mean I played last night and I updated this morning and this happened. She said it's on their end, I hope she knows what she is talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    I have searched, all the errors are due to people waiting for their game time to activate.. its different for me because I am on a trial game.. I mean I played last night and I updated this morning and this happened. She said it's on their end, I hope she knows what she is talking about
    It should be fixed tomorrow as they are deploying a hotfix that should have some fixes for the errors that some people have gotten since the streaming patcher launched today.

Quote Originally Posted by Amary
    Good afternoon! The NA region shards will be coming down for a quick update tomorrow morning, 5/10/12, at 8:00am PDT. The estimated downtime is ** 30 minutes **. Patch notes will be updated. I'll be back in the morning with status updates during the downtime!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80