Poll: Do you think Thanos will have the Infinity Gauntlet?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Avengers 2 : Gauntlet or no Gauntlet? (SPOILERS)

For those of you that know Marvel comics and saw the recent Avengers movie...and those smart enough to stay for the end credits (seriously, how have some people not figured this out yet?), you probably noticed a very obvious spoiler alert to the villain the Avengers will face off with next.

So the question is this. Do you think he'll have the Gauntlet or no Gauntlet?

For those that actually didn't know who in the world that was, here is a Wiki page if you are curious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking he'd have the gauntlet in The Avengers 3 with The Avengers 2 just being his weaker attacks. If he has the gauntlet in The Avengers 2, I see no way for him to be beaten, he's just too powerful, and he knows that, hence the grin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking they won't do the Gauntlet at all, as defeating him with the gauntlet took the combined effort of the Avengers, Surfer, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the Infinity Watch to take him down.

If they go to a third movie, I'm actually hoping they go either Skrull/Kree War (obviously very shortened) or Kang. Since they won't put Doom in an Avengers movie, and really most of their villains aren't really villains but teams (so maybe they could go a Masters of Evil route?).

I choose option 4. No, Thanos won't have the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 2, he'll have it in Avengers 3. Avengers 2 will likely deal with his invasion of Earth where he tries to take over the world with a cosmic cube. The next event in his storyline is the Infinity Gauntlet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, given that Marvel hasn't shown much track record for doing recurring villains in their movies (with the exception of Doom, but really who else would you want in a Fantastic Four movie), you guys think they'll do Thanos twice?

Also, by the looks of things, the item in this movie was the Cosmic Cube, just simply called by another name (which I now forget), and they simply shifted Thanos's invasion force to be led by Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm curious, given that Marvel hasn't shown much track record for doing recurring villains in their movies (with the exception of Doom, but really who else would you want in a Fantastic Four movie), you guys think they'll do Thanos twice?

Also, by the looks of things, the item in this movie was the Cosmic Cube, just simply called by another name (which I now forget), and they simply shifted Thanos's invasion force to be led by Loki.
    Well, Marvel didn't do The Fantastic Four movies, or X-men for that matter. There's a reason they're not from Earth-199999. They've used Loki twice so far. And in Thanos' invasion of Earth he comes personally and he actually gets the cosmic cube.

And yes, the Tesseract in the movie is a cosmic cube. In fact, in the comics there's a cosmic cube named Tesseract.

Honestly, i'm getting tried of the movies being based around the cosmic cube. How many fuckin times is it going to get stolen and used for evil. It may work in comics, but it tends to get rather repetitive for movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was actually mildly surprised they didn't go the Ultimates route with Loki. In Ultimates 2, loki is the central villain, but the Ultimates really tangle with the Axis of Evil (which was, if I recall, Crimson Dynamo, Abomination, Baron Zemo, and a couple of others). I thought they would put Loki in the full "master of puppets" role, though he did show his great skills at manipulation on the Hellicarrier.

I wouldn't mind a Kang appearance, though, since Kang is one of the more classic Avengers villains. Gotta love time-traveling Doom descendants from the future.

Gauntlet is wayyy too much for a single movie. Should just do a single or a few gems per movie imo.
    New and shiny compppppp!

I'm hoping for Kang in Avengers 3. Or, despite my dislike for the character... actually make the Ant-Man movie, and lead into Ultron.

As for the Infinity Gauntlet, didn't that already make an appearance in Thor or Iron Man 2 or something?

\

Here we go.
    Last edited by Bane Falcon; 2012-05-09 at 10:36 PM.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

I was sure that it was Red Skull. We never saw what happened to him in Captain America. And since the new Spiderman movie is about how his parent's died, I thought there was a connection.

And this:
    "The third Red Skull (Albert Malik) is best known for causing the deaths of the parents of Peter Parker, and thus orphaning the boy who would become Spider-Man. " from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Skull

Deleted
    No. They won't. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet was the most powerful being in the universe at that time. The earths mightiest heroes combined couldn't beat him and each one died in that battle. Even the Cosmic Entities couldn't defeat him.

Those stones are to powerful for this movie.

There are rumors about the 3rd movie with the "Civil War" story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovic View Post
    I was sure that it was Red Skull. We never saw what happened to him in Captain America. And since the new Spiderman movie is about how his parent's died, I thought there was a connection.

And this:
    "The third Red Skull (Albert Malik) is best known for causing the deaths of the parents of Peter Parker, and thus orphaning the boy who would become Spider-Man. " from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Skull
    It's not Red Skull. http://marvel.wikia.com/Johann_Schmi...arth-199999%29
    It was definitely Thanos. He had the giant perfectly straight white teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovic View Post

And this:
    The issue with that is Sony has Spiderman, Fox has Fantastic Four/X-Men, and Disney has the new batch of Marvel movies leading into the Avengers. Cross-overs, like the Red Skull killing Peter Parker's whoevers, won't quite happen anytime soon. Same goes for Spidey and Wolverine showing up as part of The New Avengers, without some hardcore lawyer action behind the scenes.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

As far as the fantastic four helping avengers, I dont think they could pull it off without either changing the actor for Johnny Storm. Chris Evans plays both him, and Captain America, and he'd be more recognized as Cap. As far as Spiderman goes, would it be the new actor or Tobey McGuire?

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    As far as the fantastic four helping avengers, I dont think they could pull it off without either changing the actor for Johnny Storm. Chris Evans plays both him, and Captain America, and he'd be more recognized as Cap. As far as Spiderman goes, would it be the new actor or Tobey McGuire?
    Neither on all parts I'm guessing. They would do a reboot because they're all from different universes. The previous Spider-Man film series was Earth-96283. The Amazing Spider-Man is Earth-TRN013. And as I said, The Avengers movie is Earth-199999

Though technically, The Amazing Spider-Man could be added to Earth-199999 later, since TRN stand for Temporary Reality Number. That means Marvel hasn't given it an official number yet.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-05-09 at 11:00 PM.

Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-11 at 12:03 AM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Love it.

I honestly hadn't though of Ultron, but unless they intorduce Hank Pym (as Ant Man or otherwise) in Iron Man 3 I don't see him happening anytime soon.

Does anyone think some other Avengers might make some appearances in "pre Avengers" movies before Avengers 2? I'd be interested in Black Panther, actually.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-11 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Love it.

I honestly hadn't though of Ultron, but unless they intorduce Hank Pym (as Ant Man or otherwise) in Iron Man 3 I don't see him happening anytime soon.

Does anyone think some other Avengers might make some appearances in "pre Avengers" movies before Avengers 2? I'd be interested in Black Panther, actually.
    There's technically an Ant-Man movie on the slate for 2014, that might possibly maybe happen.

And technically, they can have him as a consult in Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Thor 2, or Avengers 2, to get his foot in the door.

...I just really want Kang or Ultron. And I totally want Iron Wars to happen in the new movies sometime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll probably stick with the cube as the ultimate power source - Thanos went after it in the comics before he went after the gems, and he was after it in the Ultimate comics line, which is what a lot of the films are based on.