Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Played for about 4 hours. Logged in and out a lot just messing around with starting characters, deleting etc. No issues at all with server connectivity. Game ran very well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Meh, I only played the first 3 hours or so. I already experienced everything I wanted to from this build during BWE1, so I couldn't be bothered to invest more time leveling a character which will only be deleted.
    Feel much the same - was on 3 hours max. Mostly just messing with keybinds and skills on various characters. Very smooth experience - I was expecting it to be messy, particularly after the European BWE1 problems, but totally fine.

I can honestly say that I spent way too much time making a character that looked like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones...-_-. But after that it was Ranger time, and apart from SLIGHT lag at some patches and one personal story instance not wanting to load, it felt as if the game ran smoother now than during the BWE...perhaps due to less people overall?

Either way the ranger pets still act like retarded animal babies, and it made me grump that my Eagle sounded like a crow and couldn't fly across a trench to attack my foe...I hope they fix that. Pretty silly seeing an EAGLE searching for a bridge -_-.

I had a very fun time going into a cave filled with these horrible worm thingies, and once inside I aggroed a troll, an event. I ran out kiting said troll and just as I thought that he was going to reset...he didn't. He came at me and when a cow ran between me and him, he killed the cow...Just as I thought "Ok, prepare to die" to myself, I saw a bunch of other players coming my way. One ressed my pet, the rest attacked the troll with everything they had...it felt SO nice to overcome that monster together and the same people stuck together for another event as well, before servers went down.

The next BWE or better yet, RELEASE DATE can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-05-15 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I only played about an hour. I love the game but like many others I wasn't excited about advancing a toon that was going to get deleted. I want to start working on MY toon.
    I've felt the same way on both Open beta events, and as such I still have yet to start a Warrior and instead have tried out all the other classes. Sadly, the itch is still there to play my warrior that will inevitably be my main, and cannot be scratched =(

Deleted
    i didnt get attached this time because if the low fps i had. not fun to play with 23fps non combat and 12-20 in combat.... though i have to say it went really smooth. no errors, no lagg. so they showed us some improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    i didnt get attached this time because if the low fps i had. not fun to play with 23fps non combat and 12-20 in combat.... though i have to say it went really smooth. no errors, no lagg. so they showed us some improvement!
    Wow, really? I had better performance then you and if that sig is your hardware its definitely better then what i used. Did you turn down shader/shadow detail?

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Wow, really? I had better performance then you and if that sig is your hardware its definitely better then what i used. Did you turn down shader/shadow detail?
    I think they're exaggerating. Like, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Either way the ranger pets still act like retarded animal babies, and it made me grump that my Eagle sounded like a crow and couldn't fly across a trench to attack my foe...I hope they fix that. Pretty silly seeing an EAGLE searching for a bridge -_-.
    Wait till you see necromancer minion behaviour. I've seen my entire army sit around me and watch as I am fighting an enemy for good five seconds before even bothering to engage.

Even GW1 minions in prophecies were less retarded. They followed your auto-attack at least.

Had a blast taking keeps with my guild in WvWvW. Teamwork is such a thing.

The test was good imo. I played for about 4 hours in total and was disconnected just the once, which was also nice. There was a touch of lag from time to time but not too bad.

I've never been very much into PvP before but I checked it out and my word it was fun! I've always avoided it like the plague as I am utter bobbins at it but this game is most likely going to change my mind for sure.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I think they're exaggerating. Like, a lot.
    I hope so for his sake. Because my gf almost had similar performance as him. And her pc is 4 years old, and wasnt new when she got it. So theyd be doing something pretty damn wrong, which is also possible. Those shader/shadow features were very taxing, Arenanet even came out with the advice to drop these to get the most noticeable performance boost.

So if someone still insists on running those on Full and High, yah i can imagine you'd have some issues.

I used a test on how well my PC would run GW2, it would say I could play on normal graphics.

Last stress test I switched to Best Graphics, all ultra. No issues at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I used a test on how well my PC would run GW2, it would say I could play on normal graphics.

Last stress test I switched to Best Graphics, all ultra. No issues at all.
    It was part of the Known issues thread of last BWE (same build, hence I'm bringing it up) that changing the graphics settings didn't influence the performance as much as intended. So maybe there is not that much difference at the moment in between graphics settings and all runs fine/bad?

I personally played the stress test for 2 hours and it was... so smooth. Had a bit of fps drop in some places, but honestly, it was to be expected (and it happened like once or twice for a few seconds), and I crashed once, because my internet did. Honestly I've been to MMO launches that had more lag that this stress test. Which is awesome.

Had a little over 3 hours to play, leveled my warrior from 11 to 16... was fun despite being laggy as shit for the entirety of my play time. Kept getting pwned by veteran and higher level mobs because I would sit there lagging with all my attacks waiting to fire and then... dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    It was part of the Known issues thread of last BWE (same build, hence I'm bringing it up) that changing the graphics settings didn't influence the performance as much as intended. So maybe there is not that much difference at the moment in between graphics settings and all runs fine/bad?

I personally played the stress test for 2 hours and it was... so smooth. Had a bit of fps drop in some places, but honestly, it was to be expected (and it happened like once or twice for a few seconds), and I crashed once, because my internet did. Honestly I've been to MMO launches that had more lag that this stress test. Which is awesome.
    Or game launches with worse connectivity than the first day of BWE1?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Or game launches with worse connectivity than the first day of BWE1?
    Shhhhhhhhhh! <_< >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be worse, could be D3.....

Anyway - I'm ready for more stress testing.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh! <_< >_>
    I think you misunderstood me (or maybe not, I'm in a wacky mood); I didn't mean to imply that GW2 might have such a launch, just saying that there have been game launches with worse connectivity and server stability than the first day of BWE1 (and stress tests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I think you misunderstood me (or maybe not, I'm in a wacky mood); I didn't mean to imply that GW2 might have such a launch, just saying that there have been game launches with worse connectivity and server stability than the first day of BWE1 (and stress tests)
    Nah I got what you mean, it was a shhhhh as in don't say anything others might be offended due to games not having as good of a launch as the stress test. xD
    But I do agree, I think they're trying to iron out everything and if this stress test is anything to go by, the launch might be actually quite smooth! *fingers crossed*

I missed the ST, thought it was going to be a huge lagfest, but from what I see, it wasn't too bad... now I'm sad