Deleted

Swedish prepaids and Mobile alerts

1h ago Telia made a press release saying they have huge problems for traffic going in or out of Sweden, it seems I just picked the wrong day to try and add a Telia mobile phone to my account. I wish they had released that 6h ago :-)

So at least to my knowledge, Telenor, Comviq and Telia pre paids all work for Blizzards mobile alerts.

My OP in quote since it's not really adequate any more.
    Not sure this is correct forum for this.

It is working fine on 2 of 3 phones/carriers I tried. Of course the 3rd phone/carrier is my phone, the other 2 aren't.

The 2 that works:
    1. Telenor, on my old SE Z610i. Since SIM-card in that phone is 10-12 years old, it's pretty much guaranteed to be only 2G.
    2. Comviq, on a Nokia 2330, also a 2G phone

What those 2 have in common is they are 2G and they have to be charged with money at least once per year or number will be disconnected.

3. Telia Refill, on my Samsung Galaxy Y. 3G Android smart phone. This one doesn't work. To keep this number alive you only need to make an outgoing call once per year.
    I have sent/received SMS and made/got calls from others.

So I'm wondering if its Telia Refill that don't work with Mobile alerts?

I get as far as:
    "Enter Verification Code
    A text message has been sent to your mobile device. 0725******.
    Please enter the code you received."
    But no code arrives, I'm guessing this is where it fails if plan is not supported?

Anyone that can confirm that Telia Refill isn't working with mobile alerts or have and experience telenor/comviq pre paids working on their 3G phones?

Edit: Hmm, just received a SMS from Blizz with a code. 1st code I tried to get was 2h ago and then tried to resend another 3-5 times in the following hour. Of course the battle net session had timed out, so I have no way of knowing if it was 1st one that arrived 2h late and more will come or it was latest that was 30 mins late and rest just failed to arrive.

Just tried phone nbr 2 and SMS arrived in like 15-20s. Guess it is possible it's only Telia's net (or blizz connection to Telia) that is horribly slow today

Edit2: Just sent a SMS from phone 2 to phone 3 and it arrived promptly, which means it seems the problem is between Blizz and telia
    Last edited by mmoc2100093272; 2012-05-10 at 05:11 PM.

How is this Diablo 3 applicable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    How is this Diablo 3 applicable?
    I wonder that aswell.

OP, Diablo 3 is a game. Mobiles doesn't go into a game section sadly. You should call Telia / Telenor or whatever. Or find a certain forum that can help with this kind of thing.

Deleted
    I would say Blizzards Mobile alerts is very much a subject for those forums. Perhaps I wasn't clear that it is the Blizzard mobile alerts that I have a problem with, not my cell phone in general. Unfortunately I can't edit the thread title to make it more clear.

D3 RMAH is only Blizz thing that at the moment requires mobile alerts. Guess if there was a Blizzard general forum it would suit better there, but I felt this was the best place to put it. If I was wrong I am sure some helpful moderator will help us get it to right place.
    Last edited by mmoc2100093272; 2012-05-10 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    It's fine here, D3 is the only game which currently makes mobile alerts mandatory (for the RMAH) which is what I assume the OP is trying to set it up for.

Deleted
    A tiny hijack:

I have a mobile phone with a Mobistar (Belgium) plan. The plan gives me 40minutes and unlimited SMS (thanks to a 2-year contract bonus) for 20€ per month, no data plan whatsoever (Yeah, welcome to Belgian telecom fees). How will this service work? Will I be paying more than my 20€ per month that I always pay?

I'm not a heavy phone user and I can find Wi-Fi almost everywhere, so I'm not about to pay more than I currently pay for these mobile alerts. The English FAQ is unclear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    A tiny hijack:

I have a mobile phone with a Mobistar (Belgium) plan. The plan gives me 40minutes and unlimited SMS (thanks to a 2-year contract bonus) for 20€ per month, no data plan whatsoever (Yeah, welcome to Belgian telecom fees). How will this service work? Will I be paying more than my 20€ per month that I always pay?

I'm not a heavy phone user and I can find Wi-Fi almost everywhere, so I'm not about to pay more than I currently pay for these mobile alerts. The English FAQ is unclear.
    The service simply sends you an SMS alerts if something suspicious happens, to give your account an added layer of security. If you do not pay to receive incoming text messages then this will not affect what you pay to your phone provider.

Deleted
    It is quite easy to test it tbh.

Just start adding your phone number and they will send you a text, as long as you don't enter the code mobile alerts will not be activated, but you will be able to see if it works or not.

And as Shamanic said if you normally don't pay for receiving SMS , it is unlikely you will have to pay anything for Blizzards messages.

Since my carrier was messed up yesterday I requested between 20 and 30 codes and I didn't pay anything to receive those (they did all arrive sooner or later)

Deleted
    Better to contact my provider and be sure then, thanks.

Deleted
    Aha! That's why ,my mom bought a new phone y-day and she complained to me about the bad customer service xD it was a fun day
    Last edited by mmoc8764c4dd5d; 2012-05-11 at 07:05 PM.