Leveling Tailoring and Enchanting

I recently switched my mage to tailor/chanter and started leveling it. It seemed that while leveling tailoring I got more than enough mats to level my enchanting alongside it. That was until I hit northrend. I finished up Northrend tailoring and got less than 1/4 of what I needed to level my chanting through the northrend levels. I was wondering if you guys think it would be more effective to just farm more frostweave and make the easiest thing or to go into some northrend instances and hope for boe drops.

You can solo wotlk instances easy as a mage and that will probably be the easiest and most effective way to level your enchanting just because you will find green items as well as frostweave in instances.
    But the most time effective is always to buy everything from AH

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit that I am sort of cheating at this level of enchanting/tailoring on my mage. I am using my level 85 feral druid (who is also an enchanter) to go through the ICC heroics to get Abyss Crystals in order to do the Shatter for dusts and essences. This provides a LOT of enchanting mats.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    But the most time effective is always to buy everything from AH
    If I wasn't down to under 1000g I would do that lol. I've never been good at making gold in this game though, so alas I'm stuck farming.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 11:19 AM ----------

I could farm a ton of cobalt on my alt and have someone make a bunch of boots or belts I suppose....might be a better strategy.
    Last edited by lespaul5895; 2012-05-11 at 12:27 PM.

The cobalt idea worked, farmed around 350 in an hour and a half and that got me almost all I needed.