PC player with console playing friends

Am I the only one with this problem, how do others handle this?

I do all my gaming on the PC, last console I had was a NES and I do not work well with console controls I just like my KB/mouse.

Every person I know only plays games on consoles and their PCs are at the point where they struggle with WOW. I don't care to invest the costs to go to a console (HW, TV, games again, etc). How do you deal with this? Last person I sold my old vid card cheap, and got their system capable for a few things atleast

No, because only the members of the Master Race are allowed to be my friends.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I deal with this easily: By having no friends

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few friends like this. Sadly I don't actually game much with them. It's pretty much the same for them all. They always try to "lure" me into console gaming, but the mere suggestion of them trying out of some of my PC games (even the same ones on their consoles) ends up with them saying it sucks after 5 minutes. Frankly, you will just have to find PC friends to game with if that's what you want.

I play multiplayer games on my console with my friends and play single player games on my PC, generally.

Deleted
    I bought a console in December 2011 from a friend. It's a Wii and I'm enjoying playing solo-games on it. Games like Zelda, but also old Gamecube games. I have 2 friends who also plays a Wii, but only 1 of them comes by regurlarly to play on or against eachother on the Wii. For the rest, I stick to playing multiplayer games online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't game with them online and only game with them when I'm over at their house or whatever. PC gaming isn't for everyone whereas console gaming is intended and designed for ease of access. Most people (not all) wouldn't game if consoles didn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaithex View Post
    I just don't game with them online and only game with them when I'm over at their house or whatever. PC gaming isn't for everyone whereas console gaming is intended and designed for ease of access. Most people (not all) wouldn't game if consoles didn't exist.
    Because a lot of people are still convinced gaming on a PC is difficult or hard or not something the average Joe can understand.

And they'd be right if it were 15 years ago.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It's rather tough to find a decent computer that can handle games on good settings and with good framerate for 300 bucks (basically impossible), but it's readily available to obtain such with a console for 300 bucks (give or take). Most console games seem to be like a pc on medium to high graphical settings, which its near impossible to get a computer that can play Call of Duty on medium to high settings at 30+ fps for 300 bucks (or even cheaper).

Personally, that's why I think most people game on consoles over pcs. And with some games, using a controller can be easier on some than a mouse+keyboard can.

Deleted
    some of my consoleros friend invest in a pc/laptop for d3 now
    pc just needs more AAAA titles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I deal with this easily: By having no friends
    pretty much the same as this, can't be bothered with friends

add me as a friend on steam (send private message)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I converted one of my mates to PC. I'll never understand the 'console is better in everyway argument they give'

I use to have the same problem except i use to play console and pc but once i started to play on my pc more often i just quit gaming with them all together. I can still hold my own on consoles but i play them considerably less now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've moved away from consoles now, I don't see any reason to own one anymore, I'm not trying to be cheeky, but what other AAA titles are there on console that are played heavily online besides CoD, Halo and the BF series?

Not many of my friends actually bother with consoles either anymore, basically for the same reasons I have listed. There just isn't any justification to own one anymore, console gaming imo just seems far more costly in the long run, not to mention your stuck with the same hardware for over 5 years (or in the case of this cycle even longer)
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Am I the only one with this problem, how do others handle this?
    I find new friends.

Seriously, its the twitville era and as long as you have a high speed connection there are tons of people out there to play with. I have a Wii and an XBox and the only thing I use either for is Netflix and Red Dead Redemption from time to time. Other than that the consoles are pretty much just for my kids. In fact, buying another lego, or kids sports, game for the console is the only reason I buy anything off the shelf anymore. All my PC purchases are strictly online now.

So if your friends don't want to game on the PC then simply hang out for a while in an online gaming community, there are plenty on Steam, and you'll find lots of people to play with.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Sadly there isn't really a way to deal with it other than to bring them over to the darkside. I had a couple friends like this, but slowly but surely, I introduced them to PC games and they now play both PC/console games, PC the most though. I have only one friend left who is completely adamant that consoles are king and won't play anything on the PC. Too bad he's playing alone.

I convinced one of my console-playing friends to invest in a PC, although he still plays his consoles occasionally (as do I). That only leaves one or two that still play console, and it's more likely due to a lack of money and a love for Halo than anything else.

Deleted
    non of my close friends play on the pc.. hopefully they will switch to wii u from xbox when its released.. i might talk to them more lol