Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    There's a better explanation to this: a cattle syndrom. By far most of humanity are nothing more than a mindless cattle. "They talking about it so much, it must be good! I gotta buy it". Avatar got away same way, a shitty movie with pretty blue catppl. Blizzard is James Cameron of games, made 3 fantastic movies back in his prime (T1, T2, Aliens), then just goes away with shitty movie simply on hype. Pity, I honestly wished d3 to be a huge failure (commercially-wise, game-wise it is a failure), but yeah...... Cattle.
    I find this better explanation for Torchlight. Only reason people follow runic is because they worked on original Diablo and Diablo 2. I have yet to see any other reason from fans.

Deleted
    That's quite surprising, I expected it to do really well but never thought it would break records.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the fair amount of people with Annual Pass, this is quite a feat.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

That just means that 1% of the player/fan-base whining on forums about something doesn't even matter in the slightest.

There's a better explanation to this: a cattle syndrom. By far most of humanity are nothing more than a mindless cattle. "They talking about it so much, it must be good! I gotta buy it". Avatar got away same way, a shitty movie with pretty blue catppl. Blizzard is James Cameron of games, made 3 fantastic movies back in his prime (T1, T2, Aliens), then just goes away with shitty movie simply on hype. Pity, I honestly wished d3 to be a huge failure (commercially-wise, game-wise it is a failure), but yeah...... Cattle.
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Considering that i have several friends who went out of their way and bought a pc just to play diablo 3, i do not se this as a suprise

Deleted
    There's a better explanation to this......
    It must be hard trying to find all the great things before they get picked up by the mainstream so you can both sing there praises when they're new and unknown and then turn on them once they become popular.....and yet you manage it over and over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    well there are 3 types of people out there, when it comes to products, brands, and franchises..

- You got the cattle, as you mentioned, who flock mindlessly to the next big thing and companies got them by the balls for their product. they're the easiest to make money off of because they don't know much other than what is labeled on the box.

-Then you got the wolves, who, like the cattle, are glued to their "masters" but the difference is they are willing to throw their money at the tv/monitor to get their "fix." These are the type who will complain about DLC/expansions or must have the latest product so they wont kill their self; they are always guaranteed to buy it. (exp: annual pass POS)

- Finally you have your mules, who as you can imagine are stubborn and refuse to change. They never accept reviving, rehashing, retelling, continuing, etc. of the story and are more of a road block than a stepping stone. They helped make "it" what "it" is but at the same time hold it back from becoming more.

I've noticed over the years blizzard fans are made up of all 3. They complain about change, are literally controlled by blizz at times because after they're done complaining they accept it since they're so addicted and, as a result, keep throwing their money at them left 'n right.

someone mentioned James Cameron and as much as it is so obvious what he is doing he also is very good at it imo. Yes, he is a good example because of Titanic because bringing that out on what just so happens to be the 100th anniversary of the sinking, he is milking that baby one more time and everyone knows it will work. Blizz did it with every expansion and I know they wont kill wow for another 5yrs, at least. (lvl 100 here we come!!!)
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2012-05-11 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342 View Post
    Now if Blizzard would just get the rights to the Descent: Freespace series and develop Freespace 3! The world is just itching for that space fighter game to break the mold of todays expected winning genres. >.<
    Blizzard is not the developer I would choose to do that. If you want to revive an old-school title without having to sacrifice half of its draw to appeal to the COD generation, you can't go with a publicly-owned company.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted

Interesting analogy... saved for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    There's a simple explanation to this. Diablo is the greatest game ever.
    Right... I hope this isn't serious.

Honestly, with such hype, it's not surprising. They've blown a huge amount of money on marketing. If only it was used for the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    /snip a ton of words about people being various types of idiotic animals
    And then there's the fourth set of people, the largest and least vocal set of people, who just straight up enjoy the games and don't really like being told that they're retarded animals.

Those who played Diablo 1 and 2, will know why Diablo is awesome. It's the playability. It's a perfect combination of character progression, challenge, multiplayer and relaxation. It's addictive, but you don't need to commit as much as in WoW. It's hard, but does not require such raw skill and training as Starcraft. Overall, I believe that of all Blizzard titles, the Diablo games appeal to the biggest population of gamers.
    I'm not surprised it is so popular. I am 99% sure it will provide us with the countless hours of fun, that we expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate. Its funny, because the majority of people are speaking with their wallets, so whatever haters, in 3 days no one will remember your forums posts, and no one will remember your name. It must hurt you inside, like a dagger to the liver.

Here, im placing a QQ tag below, so you can fill it with your salty tasty tears, because millions of people are going to need something to drink, while we play D3 over the next couple of weeks.

<----------QQ------------->

I might enlarge it, if enough cry babies cry harder. We wouldnt want any valuable tears going to waste now would we?

Last edited by Beazy; 2012-05-11 at 01:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people do buy out of blind brand loyalty but they will usually end up on the opposite after the first major disappointment, others buy because they have made largely positive experiences with the brand and others because they always buy the 'next big thing'. I count myself among the 2nd group, I think investing in a Blizzard game is very much the most solid game investment you can make despite some personal disappointments on the way (*cough* Cataclysm). In that way Blizzard performs better than James Cameron
    I think you've won a lot if you managed to keep the size of groups #1 and #2 high that long. Not many companies managed to do that, the 2nd competitor with similar brand popularity currently enjoys being trolled, burned and generally serving as rage dump for formerly loyal now utterly disappointed fans.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I'm surprised,

while it was obviously going to be a huge success there was quite a bit of backslash against the game, both for its visual style and prolonged development.

I was expecting Diablo III to perform slightly below expectations.

But with these numbers, I can't blame Blizzard for not giving a rats arse about what their fans have to say.
    You mean there was a very loud and very small vocal minority behaving like spoiled little brats and throwing pointless insignificant tantrums to anyone who'd listen, right? That's the case with every single Blizzard product.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    Honestly, with such hype, it's not surprising. They've blown a huge amount of money on marketing. If only it was used for the actual game.
    I honestly dont think this would of dented there budget, Blizzard has a super-income and an amazing profit margin so if i could pick one company to throw around money and not think anything of it, it would be blizzard.

On a more business type reply to your statement, blizzard dont take marketing money out of devolopment funds and the dev team do not work on advertisements they have separte ''arms'' of the company fo all these things all with there own budgets and profit margins.

the hype aswell for once is a pretty safe bet Blizz just like Bioware are known for impecable gaming experiences and they rarely let you down, Diablo 3 has been sought after and waited for, for so long from people like me who want the next chapter in the story! i cant wait

each to there own though.

You mean there was a very loud and very small vocal minority behaving like spoiled little brats and throwing pointless insignificant tantrums to anyone who'd listen, right? That's the case with every single Blizzard product.
    Very true and not to mention the majority of people that have played the Diablo series where affraid of it going completley 3D like WoW came as a releif to most i beleive especially to me, the series is great as is it is and really has a different look to every other game out there, kind of old school
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2012-05-11 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    Those who played Diablo 1 and 2, will know why Diablo is awesome. It's the playability. It's a perfect combination of character progression, challenge, multiplayer and relaxation. It's addictive, but you don't need to commit as much as in WoW. It's hard, but does not require such raw skill and training as Starcraft. Overall, I believe that of all Blizzard titles, the Diablo games appeal to the biggest population of gamers.
    I'm not surprised it is so popular. I am 99% sure it will provide us with the countless hours of fun, that we expect.
    Quoted for truth.

It's very simple. People are buying this game because IT'S THAT GOOD, and because it's a sequel to probably the most influental game of all time. Even after the delays and the rampant blind hate it recieved and still recieves, be it over graphics or skill points or talents or UI (the list of shitty nonvalid arguments goes on for quite long here) Diablo 3 still dominates and breaks records even before it is actually released.

To all the haters, qq-ers and non-beleivers who cried endless rivers of sweet tears, I only have to say two words:

Still waters run deep.

Its also the case that atleast on the UK amazon it was only £32 compared to blizz store at £45
    No wonder its now currently unavailable from amazon.co.uk and they are reporting record preorders.

Its not really a argument over how good the game is its just significantly cheaper on amazon.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

OHOHOHWOWOWOWOHOH......Wait a minute boy! Alien (the sixth passenger) is from Ridley Scott, Aliens 2 is from James Cameron, BUT it is Ridley Scott that started it all, give credit where its due please

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saturate View Post
    Quoted for truth.

It's very simple. People are buying this game because IT'S THAT GOOD, and because it's a sequel to probably the most influental game of all time. Even after the delays and the rampant blind hate it recieved and still recieves, be it over graphics or skill points or talents or UI (the list of shitty nonvalid arguments goes on for quite long here) Diablo 3 still dominates and breaks records even before it is actually released.

To all the haters, qq-ers and non-beleivers who cried endless rivers of sweet tears, I only have to say two words:

Here in my town (Quebec, st-jean-sur-richelieu) we have 2 ebgames 1 km apart from each other each of them had 248 copies of normal edition and a grand total of 32 CE, this mean a grand total of 528 copies...you know what they are only for preorder they have no leftover, The future shop will probably sell their stack of D3 too in the first week......Srly thanks to digital download the poor soul that did not pre-order will have a chance at it :P

And I am a proud CE buyer (got the first pre-order and just to piss me off my friend at ebgames showed me MY box, I almost punched him in the face to run away with the box.

I'll gladly be a sheep if it means I can play d3 earlier. Tuesday can't come soon enough.