Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    Because you're a stupid elf in my damned orcish Horde.

Edit: Really, we could just go with you're a stupid elf. That's usually enough reason to hate elves.
    Your orcish horde are nothing more than a bunch of braindead, drooling gorillas fit only to be exterminated like the cancer it is. Blood Elves are the only thing that saves the horde from the need to be eradicated with extreme prejudice; their cities and culture is worth keeping.

Because Chuck Norris play human and Justin Bieber play blood elf.

If you took male Belf model/animations/art out of WoW context they really are not nearly as effeminate and fabulous as many other game's races. It is the fact that they exist the cartoon-y, very low res, brown and green shamanistic and thuggish horde context that they really contrast and make it easy for simple minds to shape a high schoolreaction

Deleted
    What's the point of this thread? Why are people actually treating this like it's some serious racial issue? Personally, I hate them for two reasons, one of which is not really a reason, but I don't care. First, I don't think the way they look fits the warcraft universe, they just seem too perfect in a modern sense. This is not a compliment, because it looks ridiculus. Second, I generally hate any and all elves. This mainy has to do with my choice of fantasy literature. It's also the reason I think Dwarves are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    I see the gnome hate going on, who wants to start a guild called Gnome Squash Squad? only Taurens of course
    Maybe its because that when BE's got released they really did have quite good models, nice capital city's ( which im sad that nobody goes to because imo its the best horde city ). And as other people have elaborated they look * slightly * feminine in a way

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I see the gnome hate going on, who wants to start a guild called Gnome Squash Squad? only Taurens of course
    Maybe its because that when BE's got released they really did have quite good models, nice capital city's ( which im sad that nobody goes to because imo its the best horde city ). And as other people have elaborated they look * slightly * feminine in a way
    Apparently men who don't have hunched backs, drool coming out of their mouths, and stink-lines off their bodies are feminine... funny it's males setting this standard, males who clearly have never dated, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Apparently men who don't have hunched backs, drool coming out of their mouths, and stink-lines off their bodies are feminine... funny it's males setting this standard, males who clearly have never dated, period.
    Not only males, females.

I like manly guys (but without being a bear rug), not those that look like jailbait.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    BE male: "Dont you wish your girlfriend was hot like me"

nothing more to say. (Not that I hate BE male)

It's the numbers.
    BE is the 30%-50% of the horde player characters while they are 20% or less of npcs.
    One day maybe Blizzard will match the npcs to the playerbase and Silvermoon will become the new capital as blood
    elves are the dominant amount of player characters.
    Last edited by Hijiri; 2012-05-11 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    I think a lot of the issues boil down to how the race is presented. In the past, blood elves were depicted as being a lot more chiseled, gritty and serious than they are these days. Even the development team buy into and indirectly encourage the negative stereotypes surrounding the race, as seen by the disproportionate amount of 'joke' NPC's that popped up during the revamp of the old world content. It's a real shame, since the character models and general attitude of the race in the aftermath of the Burning Crusade is a long, long way from how the race acted and looked during Warcraft 3.

Though in fairness, you can say that most - if not all - of the playable races have been dumbed down in order to fit into either the Horde or Alliance, usually at the cost of much of what made them so interesting to begin with. A subjective viewpoint, though a bit more in-depth than simply hating them based on appearances alone, I hope! I must say that another valid point is that there's just too many of them. I play on a role-playing realm and without exaggerating roughly 75% of the players Horde side are blood elves. Most are role-played pretty poorly, too.

A part of it is the attitude present even in this thread: Everyone who dislikes belfs is just jealous, because clearly they are the true master race of the Horde (This attitude is only acceptable in RP, where it actually makes sense given the belf lore). I am not jealous, I just don't like elves in general, much less when they are mixed with teenage popstars. Many belf players I've met act like their character would make them better than others. I mean, really? You are not your character, anyone can press "Blood Elf" on character creations screen, and if you think it makes you special, then maybe it does. Just not the way you think.

I actually like the belf lore, but what I don't like is the model and how the races in presented in-game. The blood elves are supposed to be burdened be terrible addiction to magic, but how does it show? They have green, glowy eyes and the females are skeletons with skin (and for some reason, all the little fat they have is not used for energy but for boobs). The males seem to be strong enough to dodge any other implications of this addiction they are supposed to have than the eyes. Mixing this with insane amounts of popculture references and gay jokes... It's just so much wasted potential it's frustrating. The magic ridden belfs would have fit the Horde nicely (I'm not asking hideous, just a bit more darker shades in the model and more seriousness when presenting race in game), but the current Jersey Shore crew does not.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 11:57 AM ----------

Oh, and I forgot all the terrible Blood Elf Mary-Sue stories I've heard. Seriously. If I see one more "Moonlily" (etc) who are the most beautiful person who you have ever seen, who are the aspiring student in every single subject, have the most amazing voice you can imagine and a tragic past they'll tell everyone who come across, but can still remain happy, cheerful and supportive at all times, I swear I'll strangle someone :S

Deleted
    A few good genuine posts here but the vast majority of this thread is completely unconstructive so closing.