Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Real Bio-Organic Weapons?

I'm sure with the level of scientific prowess humans are currently at, we could have zombies, hunters, or even tyrants from Resident Evil in real life for various purposes such as anti terrorism. Don't you guys agree we can do it with enough research? It's far more preferable to Nuclear war.

No. I wouldn't want those things running around, haven't you learned from Resident Evil?

ye indeed lol

i imagine that the company making those things cant handle it and it gets out in the cities.

Haven't u learned from Resident evil? :P

Right, because unleashing a plague of undeath on a populace is the opposite of 'terrorism' ...

Seriously though, there are global agreements banning the use of biological weapons for a reason.

As awesome as it would be to take part in a zombie apocalypse and hack and slash and shoot your way to a bunker somewhere, I would rather we just go boom.

We have a zombie run here every halloween and its good fun. Really pretty scary if you arent ripped off your ass drunk.

Think about what you are saying. Would you rather be eaten to death by your zombie mother/father/son/wife/etc? Or enjoy last moments before an A-Bomb lands on your face? If you prefer the former, more power to ya
    Last edited by sikmode; 2012-05-11 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    No. I wouldn't want those things running around, haven't you learned from Resident Evil?
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    Right, because unleashing a plague of undeath on a populace is the opposite of 'terrorism' ...

Seriously though, there are global agreements banning the use of biological weapons for a reason.
    that's no fun, wouldn't you want to see a real nemesis saving places like Syria?

Deleted
    Who would volunteer to become a mindless monstrosity? Unless you plan on kidnapping people to become these weapons?

Imo, in the order of banning weapons

Bio>=Nukes>>Chemical

Thing is, biological weapons are living, which means they are unpredictable and can spread across a nation uncontrolled, infecting anything it comes in to. The nukes are only matched with them due to radiation fallout.

Chemical weapons are at least limited in scope and power. The only real reason that they are ambiguous (That I see) is their affects on soldiers and how easily it can be dispersed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike video games... zombies would never survive in the real world... there was a huuuge documentation done on "what if a real zombie invasion" occurred... basically, they would never make it.

"Mr. President - The terrorists have been spotted in Iraq"
    "SEND IN THE ZOMBIES"

10+ Year Old Account
    Brains.........

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Unlike video games... zombies would never survive in the real world... there was a huuuge documentation done on "what if a real zombie invasion" occurred... basically, they would never make it.
    One need only know a single thing about the human body - that the muscles need oxygen to work - meaning that if the blood circulation stopped then they would die... And if they are alive with blood circulation they would quickly starve to death even if there actually was an "outbreak"

Deleted
    After seeing the results of Agent Orange being used in Vietnam or the bodies piled up after Operation Al-Anfal in Iraq (the attempted genocide of Iraqi Kurds), I shudder at the proposition of chemical/biological weapons being used by any advanced/developed country. No civilised military should ever wage such abominable warfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bio-weapons are about the stupidest things out there. If we've learned anything from the Spanish Flu, it's that those little bugs can cause much bigger problems than we know how to deal with.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    You reminded me of this article from cracked.com :P http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    that's no fun, wouldn't you want to see a real nemesis saving places like Syria?
    Saving? *scoffs*
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted
    We are not at the level to develop proper bio weapons like controllable beasts. Well, I think every part is possible except the "controllable". I would rather die from an instant A-bomb than being ripped to pieces alive by monsters. Remote controlled robots are much better, safer. Sit in a bunker and crawl with a robo cockroach that can shot poison darts on the terrorists. Its the best way. Or they could even fly and do the same. Its not a mass killing weapon, cannot lose control and attack innocents, does not destruct buildings, not even causes bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Saving? *scoffs*
    Of all BOWs Nemesis is the best bet for anti terrorism. He can understand speech, follows orders, and can use weapons. It's like a super hero in a way.

Guys i just want to point out that the OP said Bio-organic and not biological. I'm not a scientist or anything but i think there is a slight difference. Although biological could cover both bio-organic and bio-chemical.