Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HM Yorsahj and Deep Coruption stacks

I have a question about Deep Coruption stacks. My raid group has recently killed HM Yorsahj. We use the same set of healers each time; Hpally, Rshaman, and Dpriest. Last week we had no problems killing Yorsahj on HM, however this week we ran into a few snags with Deep Coruption. This week our tank seemed to be aquiring stacks due to the shaman's Earth Shield.

I have read from multiple sources that Earth Shield is not supposed to add stacks, however we died 4-5 times because of Deep Coruption stacks on our tank (a few attempts no healer threw a single heal on him.) We did finally kill him after the Tank removed Earth Shield during each purple phase. Is this a bug, or is Earth Shield supposedd to add stacks?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Earth Shield is fine, doesn't add stacks AFAIK.

To make this infinitely easier, drop your Resto Shaman, and just 2 heal. Have your Holy Pally beacon the tank, and you can spam heals onto a Hunter pet (if you have one) without adding stacks to the pet or the tank, free heals. Just have 1 healer cover group 1, the other healer cover group 2. It assures that no healers are cross-healing, which was probably what was actually blowing the raid up, not the Earth Shield.

You don't even have to heal a pet, you just heal whoever has less stacks.

disc priest was probably adding stacks with attonement. Each tick of holy fire DoT adds 1 stack to whomever it heals. Also the initial holy fire hit, as well as smite hits. Shaman healing rain will add stacks as well. I believe it's 1 for placing it down, and another 1 for the HoT it does.

anyway, Earth shield definitely does NOT add stacks. But there are lots of ways for people to add stacks without realizing it.

Well see I know that it was either Earth Shield or Beacon that added the stacks because I looked at the combat logs. For 8+ seconds before the tank died the only healing recieved was from beacon, frenzied regeneration, and earth shield. Earth shield being the most common healing recieved especially within the last few seconds. Also it's no coincidence that the boss dies the very next attempt when the tank was clicking off the earth shield.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsoline View Post
    Well see I know that it was either Earth Shield or Beacon that added the stacks because I looked at the combat logs. For 8+ seconds before the tank died the only healing recieved was from beacon, frenzied regeneration, and earth shield. Earth shield being the most common healing recieved especially within the last few seconds. Also it's no coincidence that the boss dies the very next attempt when the tank was clicking off the earth shield.
    Beacon (of Light) does not add purple stacks. Neither does Earth Shield.

Well I know what was killing us in my raid group. This is more of a service post to warn/receive feed back from others reguarding a possible bug. Take it or leave it!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ask "Does Earth Shield add stacks" (reworded) and then say "I know it was" even when you've had multiple people (some of whom have been killing this fight for 6+ months) tell you that it doesn't add stacks?

Exactly reworded! I never asked "does it add stacks." I told you that it was adding stacks and asked about a possible bug. I also noted that the previous weeks earth shield did not add stacks, but that this week it was for some unknown reason. BUG!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly reworded! I never asked "does it add stacks." I told you that it was adding stacks and asked about a possible bug. I also noted that the previous weeks earth shield did not add stacks, but that this week it was for some unknown reason. BUG!!
    "Is this a bug, or is Earth Shield supposedd to add stacks? "

That's your exact wording. I believe "is Earth Shield supposedd to add stacks?" is asking "Does Earth Shield add stacks?" - To which you've been given the same answer many times.

Just because your healers are blowing up your raid doesn't mean something is bugged. It means your healers are making mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel you've been wronged and there is an active bug, the best way to both make it clearer and help the people reading this forum is to post your logs so that we can see it might be bugged before we walk into DS on alts and use ES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    If you feel you've been wronged and there is an active bug, the best way to both make it clearer and help the people reading this forum is to post your logs so that we can see it might be bugged before we walk into DS on alts and use ES.
    I second this.

Neither Earth Shield nor Beacon of Light add stacks on deep corruption, that's simply fact.

First of all, you're using too many healers. Three is not needed, and will often mess the fight up more than it helps. Earth shield, beacon, blood dk heals, etc do not add stacks. Your healers are simply overhealing, a symptom of running 3 heals.

Deleted
    Trinkets with proc heal (like Windward Heart ) DO stack deep corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    Got any proof? I heard they didn't.

Comment on Wowhead also says it doesn't. http://www.wowhead.com/item=77209#comments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    They don't, I've been using it ever since.

Edit: And before it comes up, Madness mace doesn't add stacks either.

Without a doubt, 100% certainty, there were other heals going out on the tanks. Earth Shield does not under any circumstance add stacks of the debuff. If it were a potential bug, we'd have heard about it from another source at least once before now.

Besides, this sort of thing is designed with a whitelist or blacklist of techniques.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    I second this.
    In reply to myself (regarding the posting of logs): It seems WoW doesn't log Deep Corruption stacks

(Either that, or WoL strips them from the log - which I doubt)

I have a question about Deep Coruption stacks. Is this a bug, or is Earth Shield supposedd to add stacks?
    Well I know what was killing us in my raid group. This is more of a service post to warn/receive feed back from others reguarding a possible bug. Take it or leave it!
    It took you 40 minutes to go from "hai gais wtf went wrong?" to "this is a new bug that they managed to introduce, it doesn't seem to have affected anyone else in the world but just trust me on this!"

Your healers cocked up. If you believe anything to the contrary then provide logs proving it. With 3 healers I'd bet my house someone was overhealing and it wasn't even neccesarily the tank that blew up, its just the explosion that killed him.

So, once again, linky the logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    In reply to myself (regarding the posting of logs): It seems WoW doesn't log Deep Corruption stacks

(Either that, or WoL strips them from the log - which I doubt)
    We don't need to track the stacks automatically. You can track healing (and overheal!) through the expression editor for the log and check by time frame. Check for incoming heals in the 15s before an explosion on the target that exploder, badabing.

WoL is powerful for it's parsing ability, not because it ranks players.