New PVP Feature to hit PTS Next Week.

So that 3 faction thing? Whatever it is, its going live on PTS next week. So get your PTS client ready cause they will need alot of people to test it. Sounds like its gonna be PVP on a epic scale. Elrar promised more details at the start of next week.

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post3785484

OMGOMGOMGOMG

Love Trion...screw a expansion just toss in another faction in a content patch!

If thats what it is. I'm not convinced it will work the way people think. Introducing another faction right now would cause a huge faction imabalance beyond what we already have. I think it will be a instanced pvp assignment system. The poem from the phone number dev mentioned lion ram and raven. Maybe each server or player is randomly assigned a sigil and that becomes your faction for this "persistance warzone" (ala GW2 WvsW). That seems to me the best way to do it. You can still do the lore, and you can still tie it to the game in a way that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    OMGOMGOMGOMG

Love Trion...screw a expansion just toss in another faction in a content patch!
    Am I the only one concerned about the number of players etc, sometimes seems barely enough for two factions, three makes me pause a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    If thats what it is. I'm not convinced it will work the way people think. Introducing another faction right now would cause a huge faction imabalance beyond what we already have. I think it will be a instanced pvp assignment system. The poem from the phone number dev mentioned lion ram and raven. Maybe each server or player is randomly assigned a sigil and that becomes your faction for this "persistance warzone" (ala GW2 WvsW). That seems to me the best way to do it. You can still do the lore, and you can still tie it to the game in a way that makes sense.
    Yea I don't think that they will be adding a whole new playable faction. I think it will be some kind of open world rvr zone that has 3 teams, although I could be wrong. If it is a whole new playable race, I will be amazed, although, trion has amazed me with almost every single content patch (except 1.7).
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Yea I don't think that they will be adding a whole new playable faction. I think it will be some kind of open world rvr zone that has 3 teams, although I could be wrong. If it is a whole new playable race, I will be amazed, although, trion has amazed me with almost every single content patch (except 1.7).
    Yeah RvRvR would be epic as f***, and I would play the shit out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Yeah RvRvR would be epic as f***, and I would play the shit out of that!
    Im assuming thats what it is, what else would it be? :P Its going to be amazing! Right when I was thinking of trying out tera
    R80

Hm... I don't think it will be third faction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    So that 3 faction thing? Whatever it is, its going live on PTS next week. So get your PTS client ready cause they will need alot of people to test it. Sounds like its gonna be PVP on a epic scale. Elrar promised more details at the start of next week.

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post3785484
    Did it say anywhere about a third faction?
    Anyway, I knew I did right keeping my good eye on this game, that they would do something to us pvp people =) I will continue reading and keep reading about updates... keep on posting on this forum please =) Trion is an amazing company when it comes to updates

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Did it say anywhere about a third faction?
    Anyway, I knew I did right keeping my good eye on this game, that they would do something to us pvp people =) I will continue reading and keep reading about updates... keep on posting on this forum please =) Trion is an amazing company when it comes to updates
    The devs name is 3-faction-pvp. So im assuming there will be a third faction to at least pvp with :P

Also, tried to get into ptw today and I think I was able to get in, but as soon as you get in, you get teleported out back to droughtlands =(
    Can't wait till next week to see what this pvp feature is.
    R80