Deleted

Kalu'ak Fishing Derby - HELP ME!

Hey Forum,

I've now tried to get this done since cataclysm ... and haven't seen a blacktip shark yet.
    I am on an almost dead realm and catch between 10 and 20 Pygmy Suckerfish between 14:00 and 14:15, yet I never win, never even see the Blacktip Shark. Any tips? Where should I fish? What might I be doing wrong? I think we're only 2 guys left after the achievement on the realm, so hopefully, in two weeks, I will be the only one fishing at all. We'll see.. But just in case, any tips and tricks would be most appreciated!

Luck-less love
    Sweetz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Hey Forum,

I've now tried to get this done since cataclysm ... and haven't seen a blacktip shark yet.
    I am on an almost dead realm and catch between 10 and 20 Pygmy Suckerfish between 14:00 and 14:15, yet I never win, never even see the Blacktip Shark. Any tips? Where should I fish? What might I be doing wrong? I think we're only 2 guys left after the achievement on the realm, so hopefully, in two weeks, I will be the only one fishing at all. We'll see.. But just in case, any tips and tricks would be most appreciated!

Luck-less love
    Sweetz
    If your fishing is maxed, get a lure and keep trying... if it isn't, max it out. Keep trying and don't give up is all I can suggest really...

10+ Year Old Account
    its all luck based , no skill involved at all, just keep trying

10+ Year Old Account
    The best places to fish would be the ultra-dense fishing area of the Frozen Sea, south of Borean Tundra- theres about 11-15 pools tightly packed in a small are,a by the time you get done with one area, the other has already started to respawn.

The con to this is that you cant see when someone wins the contest, so you either have someone tell you when its finished, or you keep fishing for shark (I got mine around 35 pygmies when i won the contest, took about 13 minutes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Surprisingly I won it the first time I tried by following tips on Wowhead to find a pool before the contest starts and go from there, going up and down the river in Grizzly Hills, where all the Glacial Salmon spawns are. I got it within a few pools, and hearthed where I had preset it to the inn in Dalaran. Ran up and turned it in about 30 seconds before the next person. And I'm just on a medium pop. realm. But again, it really is just luck-based. You may get the shark first, you may not. Mostly just find any area with a large amount of pools and go for it.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Apart from picking a good spot with few competitors, there isn't anything else you can do. You'll just have to be persistent and keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    If your fishing is maxed, get a lure and keep trying... if it isn't, max it out. Keep trying and don't give up is all I can suggest really...
    That's pretty bad advice. Fishing skill isn't even taken into consideration when fishing from pools. The Kalu'ak Derby is random, nothing else.

Deleted
    I never had any luck with that one either, but the STV fishing contest i won first try on both my toons with the salty title.

If itsj ust for the salty title i suggest trying the other contest, if its for completion sake all you can do is keep trying and your time will come :P

Deleted
    Random is random, but I agree with the fish on the Borean Tundra tip. It took me a few weeks, but I always always saw the place empty. Some people think the shark don't drop there (that early bug of fishing there and getting empty loots windows), so they prefer to go to Sholazar and other places full of people. It drops of course. I got it a few weeks ago.

PD: The only message I didn't get there is the one from the tournament starting (not a problem, ofc). Always heard the one when someone wins, though.