Diablo - The trading game/Battle.net Interface, Blizzard Needs to give us answers.

Everytime I see blizzard interviews or interviewers they always seem to tippy toe around Diablo and the trading aspect of it. Diablo 3 completely destroyed trading when it was released with the Real money AH and then going full circle and removing that aspect all together with BOP and self found play. Diablo 3 also had a Battle.net interface that was barren and felt like can empty community compared to Diablo 2's Battle.net (Characters at the bottem of the screen in a chat lobby).

I really hope we go alot deeper into this Diablo Meta game when questions are asked of Diablo 2 Remastered and Diablo 4.

With the duping, botting and all the cheating that went on in diablo 2, i fully hope them to implement diablo 3's system in diablo 2 remastered as well.

there's little reason to cheat, if there's nothing to gain - and diablo 2 was completely ruined thanks to the cheating and chat filled with spam bots advertising illegal wares.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Everytime I see blizzard interviews or interviewers they always seem to tippy toe around Diablo and the trading aspect of it. Diablo 3 completely destroyed trading when it was released with the Real money AH and then going full circle and removing that aspect all together with BOP and self found play. Diablo 3 also had a Battle.net interface that was barren and felt like can empty community compared to Diablo 2's Battle.net (Characters at the bottem of the screen in a chat lobby).

I really hope we go alot deeper into this Diablo Meta game when questions are asked of Diablo 2 Remastered and Diablo 4.
    Need? Relax man. It just got announced.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Need? Relax man. It just got announced.
    Comments like this is what allowed the RMAH and the horrible d3 Battle.net to launch in the state that it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comments like this is what allowed the RMAH and the horrible d3 Battle.net to launch in the state that it was.
    Not really no. There's not much to go on so you don't try to fearmonger everyone that things are gonna be bad on literally nothing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not really no. There's not much to go on so you don't try to fearmonger everyone that things are gonna be bad on literally nothing.
    Its not about fearmongering, its about Blizzard learning from past mistakes and releasing the best product possible. Lets not forget the state Diablo 3 released in after 5+ years in development. These concerns were even addressed during the Open Beta of Diablo 3 and fell of deaf ears. Diablo 3 looked great but the systems were bad. Trading is a HUGE part of the diablo meta game and this was largely ignored when Diablo 3 was launched, and used as a way for Blizzard to make profit.

Nah, you just need to chill. You sound like the uber left bitching that Biden didn't do all the stuff he wanted to on the first day. There is a technical alpha where they are asking for feedback. Plus if you paid any attention they said they wanted to keep it the same game.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about fearmongering, its about Blizzard learning from past mistakes and releasing the best product possible. Lets not forget the state Diablo 3 released in after 5+ years in development. These concerns were even addressed during the Open Beta of Diablo 3 and fell of deaf ears. Diablo 3 looked great but the systems were bad. Trading is a HUGE part of the diablo meta game and this was largely ignored when Diablo 3 was launched, and used as a way for Blizzard to make profit.
    Trading was a huge part for the tiny fraction that played online. Trading didn't exist for the vast majority of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Nah, you just need to chill. You sound like the uber left bitching that Biden didn't do all the stuff he wanted to on the first day. There is a technical alpha where they are asking for feedback. Plus if you paid any attention they said they wanted to keep it the same game.

- - - Updated - - -

Trading was a huge part for the tiny fraction that played online. Trading didn't exist for the vast majority of players.
    okay first off I’m stunned you’re somehow going political with shitlib talking points in a Diablo thread. Amazing.

Secondly, where on earth do you get the idea that most people never played online? You got data for that? Online playing was hugely popular. Especially in the patch 1.09 days. Granted when patch 1.10 came and added shit like Enigma and synergies about half the player base quit but still.

In the end, trading was also one of the best things about the game. It let us make our own economy. We adapted to whatever the currency was at the time. Be it SoJs or those dumb hex charms. Or eventually runes.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    With the duping, botting and all the cheating that went on in diablo 2, i fully hope them to implement diablo 3's system in diablo 2 remastered as well.

there's little reason to cheat, if there's nothing to gain - and diablo 2 was completely ruined thanks to the cheating and chat filled with spam bots advertising illegal wares.

Ah yes, lets ruin a HUGE aspect of D2. Fuck that, go ruin another game with those ideas. Thanks. I don't believe you played D2 at all because while spammers happened (They still did in D3, so I don't get your point there) it far from ruined anything, There is still a competition on the fucking ladder after 20 years, So lets not take any ideas from the Train wreck that is D3s trading system.

OT: Thank god they went with trading being the same, according to their deep dive yesterday.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2021-02-20 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    okay first off I’m stunned you’re somehow going political with shitlib talking points in a Diablo thread. Amazing.

Secondly, where on earth do you get the idea that most people never played online? You got data for that? Online playing was hugely popular. Especially in the patch 1.09 days. Granted when patch 1.10 came and added shit like Enigma and synergies about half the player base quit but still.

In the end, trading was also one of the best things about the game. It let us make our own economy. We adapted to whatever the currency was at the time. Be it SoJs or those dumb hex charms. Or eventually runes.
    Secondly, where on earth do you get the idea that most people quit when 1.10 came? You got data for that? 1.10 was hugely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post

You must have failed reading comprehension in elementary school. It didn't go political, I made a comparison to a behaviors. Just because one happened to be towards a political event does not make it political in and if its self.

Brevik himself said in interviews that online participation and participation in trading was far less than expected. Add to that only 36% of American homes had internet in 2000. At best 50% of accounts played online at some point in the 20 year history. But to think that is how it was played by most is wrong.

Diablo 2 lobby system was always the gut damn best EVER. I have played alot of ARPG's, but none has even come close to D2's lobby system. Naming games, scrolling what games are up...it was all easy and fast.

I really hope Diablo 4 will have it as well, cause Diablo 3's one sucked ass, it litterally had no lobby system imo.

Also, Im very interested in how the economy will play out in Diablo 2's remake, cause lets be honest...The reason why I could gear up 3 accounts full of characters, some even with very rare loot here and there, is due to all the botting and so on. NO WAY, we can hope to have such an easy economy without drones of bots with current drop rates...We'll, maybe Ill be surprised, might be enough real players to keep the economy going...Anyway D2JSP will have its impact and say as well.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Trading is a pain in the ass in ARPGs, it was hell in D2 and it's even worse in POE and the likes. Grinding shit to be able to afford sth is never fun, looting should be the core of an ARPG, not trading.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Trading is a pain in the ass in ARPGs, it was hell in D2 and it's even worse in POE and the likes. Grinding shit to be able to afford sth is never fun, looting should be the core of an ARPG, not trading.

What are you talking about? "Grinding shit" ???? Maybe they should develope the game so you have all the best items equipped when you make a character, this character can start at MAX level and you can just run around killing stuff to uh..... kill stuff because you know, the grind sucks right?.

The whole point of the game is to "grind" out items and use them to advance your character. Trading for the most part in diablo 2 was about min/maxing and finding that "perfect shako" or a perfect Magic find Charm for example. Usually these items were very easily obtainable (I can use a 6% magic find Charm if I cant find a 7% for example) to have a playable character, the game was trading and finding items with GOD stats and that led to longevity of the game.

I assure you there are many people that enjoyed the Meta game of diablo, the TRADING meta game. Trading was Social, gave items a sense of value and made you feel invested in your character.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2021-02-22 at 06:19 AM.

Woo time to update jamella

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? "Grinding shit" ???? Maybe they should develope the game so you have all the best items equipped when you make a character, this character can start at MAX level and you can just run around killing stuff to uh..... kill stuff because you know, the grind sucks right?.

The whole point of the game is to "grind" out items and use them to advance your character. Trading for the most part in diablo 2 was about min/maxing and finding that "perfect shako" or a perfect Magic find Charm for example. Usually these items were very easily obtainable (I can use a 6% magic find Charm if I cant find a 7% for example) to have a playable character, the game was trading and finding items with GOD stats and that led to longevity of the game.

I assure you there are many people that enjoyed the Meta game of diablo, the TRADING meta game. Trading was Social, gave items a sense of value and made you feel invested in your character.
    He said grind shit to buy the stuff that progress your character. Big difference. And I agree, I rather farm items for my character than random piece of X that I can give to someone else for an item. They can keep trading in D2 all they want, but I have no desire for it in D4.