Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by merrin View Post
    ...BM seems to be for the 1% who have this luxury problem...
    See, I don't get why people are so up in arms about how everyone will get an Ashes mount from the AH when only 1% even have that much gold to throw around.

It's the same as account-wide mounts. People assume that since all the characters on one account will have access to a rare mount, they'll be less common, but it's not like someone can log in to two characters on their account at once. Just because some rare mounts appear on the BMAH doesn't mean they'll suddenly be owned by everyone; we don't know how often they show up, what the chances are, and the fact that only one person can win the mount any time it pops up, has to compete against the Horde and Alliance players on their realm who want it, and has to fork over potentially MASSIVE amounts of gold to the point they might only be able to afford two or three purchases means the mounts won't be as common as everyone seems to think.

Depending on the rarity and availability, I'd even be more inclined to say getting an Ashes mount from the BMAH is more difficult and worthy of praise than getting it from TK is by this point. Obviously it was special back at level 70, but not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    How do you check that ? Gold stats are not displayed in armory stadistics.
    Yeah that is correct, it's not displayed. However once you're one of the big players, you get to know the other big players. By scanning the AH through sellers, watching trade chat/server forum for big trades, noting down (on your memory) the top sellers of certain items (gems, scrolls, mats) and via connections (knowing what the bank character is of your rival big player, or simply chatting about assets ^^) you get some certain ideas. This doesn't mean that there's a small chance of some rogue player who sits 24/7 on AH with disguised level 1 alts or something, but I always have assumed them to be gold sellers. The key to recognize the main players is to watch how much they are willing to give for rare items, it's almost always proportional with the total capital they own.

Nr #1 was an ally with 4m gold, #2 was also an ally who had somewhere between 3.5m and 4, #3 was a hordie like me, he had close to 3m. I'm sure within those 3 months I haven't played, someone has surpassed me though
    Last edited by Skullchukka; 2012-05-13 at 10:53 AM. Reason: grammar
    ~

10+ Year Old Account
    brining back items that have a very small drop chance is one thing, bringing back sets of gear that have been discontinued for years is on an entirely different level. Lets bring back black and plagued proto drakes, glad mounts, black qiraji battle tanks, armani war bear, both ZG mounts and hell why not atiesh as well?

This game will offer nothing to people that have been playing for a very long time and took the time and effort to obtain said items, blizzard have always been money hungry and have tried to keep the casual players ( the larger % of players ) happy. but this is pathetic. This game is going to get so dull. The best part of an mmo is to have a unique character. To have something that others don't, having items to show others what you have achieved in the game. There are a lot of things that should have been discontinued in wotlk that where extremely hard to achieve, but this is the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas. ( Dr. Ian Malcom)

Ashes of Al'ar? Who cares ;_; TIER THREE IS BACK!

and for only 195000 pr fragment you can buy ateish

"the power of the last black dragon are yours to wield"
    Inc. New legendary.

So much qq over 2-3 screenshots, we don't even know how this is going to work, for all we know all these rare and discontinued armor pieces could be something that pops up once in a Blue moon and could go for hundred's of thousands if not million's of Gold.

And to anyone saying 'lol gnna buy goldz from dem farmerz!!11' I truly feel sorry for you if you have to spend money to make gold these days, I'm making close to 10k a day from doing my JC daily, cutting a few gems and then listing them followed by me logging off for the day.

Deleted
    The black market is a bad idea all it does is support the goldsellers.

Mounts like ashes of alar should not be bought with gold, they should be paid for with sweat and tears of countless weeks/months/years of farming

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    The black market is a bad idea all it does is support the goldsellers.

Mounts like ashes of alar should not be bought with gold, they should be paid for with sweat and tears of countless weeks/months/years of farming
    The Black Market is a good idea, it finally gives people a gold sink, somewhere to spend all that money. The only way to kill gold selling is to make gold so worthless that no one wants it, and that will kill a large portion of the game. Gold selling is an issue that is inherent in any MMO space and tbh unless you want Blizzard to start selling gold themselves it will not go away.
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

Deleted
    Black Market Auction House - GZ Blizzard - more gold will be sell on ebay.com becouse of briliant idea
    I think Blizzard sell gold on some auctions and this time they whant make it almoust legal. gz blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoothor View Post
    The only way to kill gold selling is to make gold so worthless that no one wants it, and that will kill a large portion of the game
    Because buying anything you want off the AH wont.

Deleted
    First, I am not one who has fancy mounts and legendaries or even old tier sets precious to me. And yet I find this a terrible idea, or rather an idea implemented in a terrible way.

This must be the best news to gold sellers and account hackers since the invention of Chinese labor camps.

The only sound part of it is to have a gold sink that has a market price component to it: A gold sink where the prices are determined by bidding is by default more effective than previous gold sinks (Kirin Tor Ring, Paris Hilton Bag etc) with set price. BUT, they really should have limited it to a few select items. And also not to the stuff that requires farming dungeons.

Cata: "Everyone standing in Stormwind/Orgrimmar doing nothing. World dead."
    Run-up to MoP: Blizz realize that is bad and set out to mke people go out into the world.
    MoP beta: Introduce a feature that makes running old dungeons and raids moot once again. Just when transmog had finally managed to kick some life into it.
    MoP: Everyone standing around doing nothing, after content is finished after 1 month, doing nothing because the fancy stuff is now bought off BM. Rich folks alt-tabbed to gold seller web sites. World dead.

Excellent plan Blizz!

Deleted
    Most of you have no idea what it means to make money off the AH. You can't just go there once a day and expect to sell a lot, there are always people trying to undercut you. If you think it's so easy then go do it yourself, nablets. I earned my gold and if I choose to camp the AH isntead of raiding then that is my choice, I'm free to enjoy the game in whatever way I like.

Bunch of whiners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ashes of Al'ar? Who cares ;_; TIER THREE IS BACK!
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to add T3 to some loot table somewhere instead, so people had to work for it again?

Black Market seems like it only lets you bid - no buyout.

So the super rich will can keep bidding even when it reaches 100k gold.

Basically, the average joe will not get anything out of this. It will only enable gold farmers (and dare I say, gold buyers?) to purchase the super rare stuff.

Really goes against the spirit of the game, I think. Time for an OccupyWoW movement? lol ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    And to anyone saying 'lol gnna buy goldz from dem farmerz!!11' I truly feel sorry for you if you have to spend money to make gold these days, I'm making close to 10k a day from doing my JC daily, cutting a few gems and then listing them followed by me logging off for the day.
    You do understand the fundamentals of economics I hope? That YOU ca only make that gold because you are such a small minority, making it off the laziness of the large majority. If everyone should do what you do, you would literally make zero gold profit. (Actually everyone would make a small loss due to the AH cut).

I keep reading these comments all the time, traders saying "LOL you nabs, you could all make a ton of gold with no effort like I do", when in fact it is only possible because most people don't. Double the amount of people doing it, and you would have to share the profits with twice as many.

Deleted
    Somebody else thinking that the new Druid Forms look absolut ridiculous ?
    I dunno man, my once so beloved class turned to major pile of crap since cata

bear form looks like a fucking christmas tree.

Deleted
    Black Market? Well hell no! People can just easily farm mounts already, but this is a pain for everyone who already did.
    Now every shitty nub can get a rare mount by just having the gold. Really, not good.

Getting TCG mounts on there is good, making them obtainable ingame finally, instead of by doing outgame actions, but the rare drops should stay rare drops.
    This is an insult to all of us collectors who did quite some effort to obtain our mount collections.

Black Auction house ... and now I am pretty SURE Blizzard after Diablo 3 Real money auction house experience is gonna implement to WoW Either !
    And Black Auction house will be great place to spend a LOT of gold !

Effort, as if, all you do is spend 10minutes a week farming some 2mannable boss.