Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Black Market? Well hell no! People can just easily farm mounts already, but this is a pain for everyone who already did.
    Now every shitty nub can get a rare mount by just having the gold. Really, not good.

    Getting TCG mounts on there is good, making them obtainable ingame finally, instead of by doing outgame actions, but the rare drops should stay rare drops.
    This is an insult to all of us collectors who did quite some effort to obtain our mount collections.

  2. #302
    Black Auction house ... and now I am pretty SURE Blizzard after Diablo 3 Real money auction house experience is gonna implement to WoW Either !
    And Black Auction house will be great place to spend a LOT of gold !

  3. #303
    Mechagnome Bizerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    690
    Effort, as if, all you do is spend 10minutes a week farming some 2mannable boss.

  4. #304
    The Patient UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    307
    thinking of opening a gold selling business for MoP

  5. #305
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,222
    So nothing is BOP anymore provided you have pockets lined with gold. If I quit this game this will probably be the reason.

  6. #306
    Gold selling sites and Blizzard sitting in a tree...

  7. #307
    High Overlord Qij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Effort, as if, all you do is spend 10minutes a week farming some 2mannable boss.
    you are aware you can solo Attumen right?

    Seriously though let's make Mimiron's head an example or even invincible ( which will more likely than not be thrown onto that wicked AH ) which are both 1% drop rates. it will take about 30 minutes to form a group on my server ( keep in mind I'm on frostmourne horde which is one of the most populated servers. )
    then it'll take about an hour and a half - two hours to fully clear the instance. keeping in mind that yogg0 and LoD are still not that easy to get and you need a semi competent group. Now.. I'm going to give you a rough idea how long it would take to get said mounts running the raids once a week. So I think 52 runs is a reasonable amount of kills to be able to see a mount with a 1% drop rate at least once right? well that's an entire year of running those raids. That's 104 hours of running icc ( based on average times of doing it myself. ) but 52 is a pretty lucky number to see a drop to be perfectly honest. I did 147 baron rivendare kills on my warrior before I saw a mount drop ( which is also a 1% drop rate ) and I realise this is quiet unlucky for me, but let's say it took that many lich king heroic kills to see 1 invincible.. that's almost 300 hours of running icc. this is based on 2 hour runs.

    I'm not sure what your idea of effort is, but I'd love to hear about it.

    prehaps... sitting at an AH? buying gold off gold farmers?

    This black market is a spit to the face to anyone that took the time and EFFORT into grinding dungeons and raids to earn these prestigious mounts.

  8. #308
    "Time is money friend."

    I think the goblins say it best.

  9. #309
    this is awesome imo. I think I may need to start playing again

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    so basically pver's win again here on the black market ah since pvpers dnt have money gj blizzard,
    Laughable, it is your decision to ignore PvE not Blizzards.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Qij View Post
    This black market is a spit to the face to anyone that took the time and EFFORT into grinding dungeons and raids to earn these prestigious mounts.
    People grinding old content for cosmetic mounts is a spit to the face to anyone blessed by mother luck when the content was relevant.

    And many people might not choose to use this. I can imagine things like Invincible getting into the BMAH once a month or less. With the inflation of gold we will see in Mists those mounts will most likely end on 800k or higher stakes. It's still far from free.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Qij View Post
    you are aware you can solo Attumen right?

    Seriously though let's make Mimiron's head an example or even invincible ( which will more likely than not be thrown onto that wicked AH ) which are both 1% drop rates. it will take about 30 minutes to form a group on my server ( keep in mind I'm on frostmourne horde which is one of the most populated servers. )
    then it'll take about an hour and a half - two hours to fully clear the instance. keeping in mind that yogg0 and LoD are still not that easy to get and you need a semi competent group. Now.. I'm going to give you a rough idea how long it would take to get said mounts running the raids once a week. So I think 52 runs is a reasonable amount of kills to be able to see a mount with a 1% drop rate at least once right? well that's an entire year of running those raids. That's 104 hours of running icc ( based on average times of doing it myself. ) but 52 is a pretty lucky number to see a drop to be perfectly honest. I did 147 baron rivendare kills on my warrior before I saw a mount drop ( which is also a 1% drop rate ) and I realise this is quiet unlucky for me, but let's say it took that many lich king heroic kills to see 1 invincible.. that's almost 300 hours of running icc. this is based on 2 hour runs.

    I'm not sure what your idea of effort is, but I'd love to hear about it.

    prehaps... sitting at an AH? buying gold off gold farmers?

    This black market is a spit to the face to anyone that took the time and EFFORT into grinding dungeons and raids to earn these prestigious mounts.
    It's one mount per server. Even if they auction a mount each day (but they wont), that's ~365 mounts per server a year, not that much.

    Also, you have to bid on it, there's no buyout option and on a high pop server that price can rise through the roof pretty fast, and if a guy is willing to give one million gold for Mimis head, I salute to him and he should actually get 2 mounts and a bucket full of spit to throw at the people who farmed for it.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to add T3 to some loot table somewhere instead, so people had to work for it again?
    Not gonna argue with you there, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. Also:

    Glyph of Telluric Currents has been reworked: Causes your Lightning Bolt to restore 10% of your mana when it strikes an enemy.
    WHAT? There is no way this is making it to live. Every restoration shaman would be using it.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2012-05-13 at 04:32 PM.

  14. #314
    I think people are freaking out over nothing. There is NO BUYOUT. That means that once in a blue moon there will be a specific rare mount listed and it will sell for insane amounts of gold to ONE PERSON. So they are still going to be exceedingly rare. Buying that much gold is a waste because you have no guarantee that you'll even win the auction. It is a very high risk proposition. WoW has a massive problem with inflation because gold is so useless. This will lower prices on normal goods for everybody once millions of gold are removed from the economy.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Laughable, it is your decision to ignore PvE not Blizzards.
    Good PvPs may have much more gold then PvEs

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSj1EZjgyEQ


  16. #316
    High Overlord Qij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    People grinding old content for cosmetic mounts is a spit to the face to anyone blessed by mother luck when the content was relevant.

    And many people might not choose to use this. I can imagine things like Invincible getting into the BMAH once a month or less. With the inflation of gold we will see in Mists those mounts will most likely end on 800k or higher stakes. It's still far from free.
    Turns out I'm one of those blessed people to have obtained mimiron's head before they nerfed the drop rate.

    If this hit's live I'm assuming they're going to put current mounts and gear on this AH. So I ask, is there any point of high end raiding? when anyone can get the mount's and gear they paid for using gold they bought from a gold seller?

    Sad times are ahead my friends.

  17. #317
    Pit Lord aztr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,351
    The people that complain about the black market are the same people with no gold to spare. Why do any of you care about what another person is riding? You play your game, they play their game. If they want to buy the mount with gold, more power to them. If you want to use your time to grind the mount in the raids then good for you. You're not paying their subscription fee, so all the QQing does nothing.

  18. #318
    Glyph of Incite has been reworked: Using Devastate during Deadly Clam reduces the cost of Heroic Strike and Cleave by an additional 20 Rage.
    Using Devastate during Deadly Clam reduces the cost of Heroic Strike and Cleave by an additional 20 Rage.
    Using Devastate during Deadly Clam
    Deadly Clam
    I want so badly for this to be real.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Qij View Post
    you are aware you can solo Attumen right?

    I'm not sure what your idea of effort is, but I'd love to hear about it.

    prehaps... sitting at an AH? buying gold off gold farmers?

    This black market is a spit to the face to anyone that took the time and EFFORT into grinding dungeons and raids to earn these prestigious mounts.
    ^ Dumbest casual comment here so far.

    This expansion I have seen around 5 million gold come my way. Previous expansion was at 1.3 million. Maybe 200k during TBC. There is no effort in gear from outdated content because normally "reserve" groups are for d-bags, you could also easily pay a guild for drops when they are relevant and guarantee it. But then you would have to give that gold that you put the EFFORT into making to some d-bag elitist who prizes their accomplishments in a video game above everything else. Similar to aforementioned quote above here.

    Sure botters and gold buyers are out there, does that mean they will be the ones profiting? Not hardly. If you only knew what Blizzard is doing right now to anyone exchanging large amounts of gold. Lots of accounts in the past 3 months have been banned with no return, whether they were legit AH players or botters or gold sellers. They will be closely watching this AH as well. It would make easy pickings for them if a mount sells for a million gold. That gives the GMs over it something to do - investigate your account and the money trail. They see your account suddenly take in a million gold from several trades with some level 10 in Org, goodbye to the account and all that gold, thanks for playing. Besides, who's actually stupid enough to spend that much real money on pixels? I know, some people.

    I don't think you will change their minds on it either. This isn't harming you, and the game isn't a game making insane demands on players anymore - we haven't seen that since pre-2.4 Burning Crusade. It's more casual based now, and gives interesting ways for everyone to enjoy the game now. Your EFFORT is recognized when you got Ashes DURING Burning Crusade, or Invincible/Mimi's Head DURING Wrath, not afterwards where you faceroll your way through the content in 30 minutes a week and don't have to deal with mechanics and hundreds of wipes people like ME had to put real effort into back then. So get over yourself. Outdated rewards and content is irrelevant, including the way you retained the rewards.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Playing the Auction House and taking advantage of the established economy is something that requires far more skill than zerging the same boss over and over because you alone have more stats than 3 raids of that time combined.
    This guy gets it. More people need to see this...

    Cheers for knowing what's up and having an awesome Jeremiah Gottwald avatar; I salute you sir.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •