Poll: Shall I buy in Amazon ?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Buying from Amazon (?)

Hello peps.

So i'm about to buy two items from Amazon, a mouse and a joke for my FSX, both in amazon.es

I know it's an old site and many people buy there, but so far all my exprience with that place is:

"oh no, I don't want that freaking amazon tool bar ffs!"

So I would like to know if it's a 100% safe and proper place to buy from.

Thanks for your opinion, it's the first time that I actualyl buy something out of flight tickets or Blizzard stuff so I'm just afraid of the possible little chances

I bought my old mouse from there. And I buy stuff like Yugioh cards, and books from there all the time. I've never been asked about a toolbar though lol. So far I've gotten like 12 things from there, all positive experiences. And I've got 3 orders out right now that I placed yesterday afternoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's great then.

Those tool bars are prolly some kind of addware or spyware under Amazon's name to fool people, I've seen 3 so far (I download a lot of things)

i've been buying on amazon for years now and i've never had a toolbar installed by them o.0

I love amazon, I use amazon prime and buy everything from there haha.
    As for toolbars, I've never seen any, toolbars are generally useless anyway. Just run some sort of scan on your computer if you see something like that show up.

Deleted
    I order most of my electronics from amazon.co.uk because they are cheaper (free shipping) than using the localized amazon of one of my neighbouring countries.

Besides that. Amazon is very trustworthy, has a great way of handling orders (charges when the order is shipped, so free to cancel) and their dispute system for third party sellers is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsavior View Post
    I love amazon, I use amazon prime and buy everything from there haha.
    As for toolbars, I've never seen any, toolbars are generally useless anyway. Just run some sort of scan on your computer if you see something like that show up.
    Thanks for all the answers, there's a lot about it on the internet, but it's always good to update this kind of things. I'll definitely buy from there, and about the toolbars don't worrie, I don't let them any closer than my antivirus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i've been buying on amazon for years now and i've never had a toolbar installed by them o.0
    Same for me !

I've bought many items form Amazon and have never had an issue. I have no idea what tool bar you are referring to as I've never had the issue.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really no problem with Amazon and you don't have to get their toolbar.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    never had any quarrel with the german Amazon. Aside from the fact that they don't deliver electronics into Switzerland. But I (almost) always receive my books and movies on time. When it comes to goods that I'd have to import anyway, there's almost no way around an online retailer and Amazon is one of, or even the largest one out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is pretty trustworthy. You can simply delete the toolbar and cookies afterward if you can't avoid them.

Amazon is THE internet superstore to buy from.

I bought more stuff from Amazon over the years than from any other store I think, but mostly books and music. I love their prices and super fast delivery (5-8 days delivery usually arrives the next day for me).
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bought a few things from them and if I see something I need I'd buy again. Never seen a toolbar that you MUST dl though.

Good site imo

Deleted
    Amazon is probably the most trustworthy site I buy online from, must have bought hundreds of various items from theire (granted this is the UK site.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no experience buying from Amazon, but cookies seem relevant and I am fond of those. 'Specially chocolate chip.

Based on people's opinions in this thread, it's a bit of a shame that they're not in Sweden yet, although they're officially on their way.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    what the hell is wrong with you xD

check the comments from other buyers to the guy/entity you are buying from and.... happy shopping?

i do like cookies tho.