I should note that this is my first time buying a laptop so i dont really know much and if my budget is too low or too high please let me know. Thank you very much!
General Questions
1) What is your budget? $500-700 but if it's more, and the product is good, then I'd be willing to pay more.
2) What size notebook would you prefer? I'd say around 15-16 inches unless someone can recommend something better for programming.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? In the U.S.A.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? No preferences.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Programming, E-mail, H.W. assignments, school work., maybe watching YouTube videos.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? I will be taking it to class.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Most likely not.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? Not really sure. I've never had a laptop so I'm not sure how long. Average length i suppose.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I'm OK with buying online without seeing it first.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. I'd prefer Windows 7
Screen Specifics
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Not really sure but I'd say 1280x800. That's what is recommended for 16 inches.
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? non-glossy but i don't mind if its glossy too much.

Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Somewhat
15) When are you buying this laptop? In a few months maybe.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? at least a few years (2-4)

Notebook Components
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive? I read that for programming you need a lot of memory so I'd say closer to 640GB. I don't really think i need a SSD drive but if someone thinks i should have one or programming, then ill get it.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive? Yes Blu-Ray driver i suppose unless someone has recommendations for something else. (I'm not really sure what each one is good for)

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 08:12 PM ----------

anyone? please help

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 10:34 AM ----------

Anyone out there!