Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jax the one and only

Little bit about myself before I begin here, I recently picked up LoL watching a friend of mine playing it. Looked like a lot of fun and already I'm hooked. No where near as confusing as when I tried HoN but that's another story for another day. Well anyway I don't have much of a background with dota games and I'm still very low level. Still learning the ropes of how the game is and all (please be gentle).

Now with that out of the way, I personally like to play tanky characters. I love the feel of being a bloody force of unstoppable proportions and I'm wondering. How do you guys deal with Jax? From any persective really, this guys nuts. Recent while playing as Leona I found myself in a postion where I spelled my own doom with a zenith blade (if that's what it's called). Saw this guy swirling his staff(?) above his head then it all went gray. Also been watching on the spectator mode some incredible feats performed by this champion. Diving into the enemy with whatever the items called that brings you back to life, doing all sorts of crazy sh!t mate.

So my question really is how do you kill/shut this guy down? How do we turn Jax into less of a monster that he seems to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stun then blow him the fuck up. He's a strong 1v1 champion that gets better the later the game goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax is so awesome he wins games with a 0/0/0 KDA. lol, jk. Thats what happens when 3 trolls just leave a game and they let me push to win.

In all seriousness, shut him down before he can stun you. Dont group up in team fights so someone, pref AD or AP carry, can just kill him. Without his ult he is very squishy unless he built tank, which no one does because of his ult. If you can CC him until it ends he will melt. Thats really the only way you can reduce his awesomeness.

Deleted
    He gets haste the longer he stays on you (And AP/AD with guinsoo's Rageblade), does extra magic damage every third attack and has a stun making him one of the best 1v1 champions in game, if you're not fed, don't go toe-to-toe with him.

Ah thanks folks much appreciated. Just ran into another one and while he didn't do so great in that match, he certainly tore into our annie's a$$ in ways I can't imagine. Though I'm still a li'l confused about this guy. He's a hybrid correct? Meaning as a tank or a tank dps I'd still need both armor and resists? Or is there a certain way folks build him just to, I guess, "peak his potential"?

Oh and as a side note I'm really getting tired of seeing the guy damn is he really THAT popular?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duorunt View Post
    Ah thanks folks much appreciated. Just ran into another one and while he didn't do so great in that match, he certainly tore into our annie's a$$ in ways I can't imagine. Though I'm still a li'l confused about this guy. He's a hybrid correct? Meaning as a tank or a tank dps I'd still need both armor and resists? Or is there a certain way folks build him just to, I guess, "peak his potential"?

Oh and as a side note I'm really getting tired of seeing the guy damn is he really THAT popular?
    He's a mix of AP and AD wich makes it hard to counter him with items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duorunt View Post

He is so common right now because of http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...ke-wish-%C2%AE. Before that I saw him nowhere near as often. I expect Jax to become a somewhat rare pick again soon.

Well thanks everyone for the help it was much appreciated. I sincerely though hate the guy now almost as much as the evil angel and that blasted squirrel with the pee shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    He's a mix of AP and AD wich makes it hard to counter him with items.
    increase health? slow attack speed?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Jax is so unbalanced /OP. retarded imo.

Jax is a little crazy since his last changes, but he's not really notable until he has items.

He is a duelist, so it's better to just coordinate ganks on him, instead of trying to 1v1. Someone like Riven should fare well against him early, and (gross) teemo (gross) can basically deny him with little effort.

Jax's only real place is solo top, so if he's jungling or somewhere else he's not going to get the farm/levels he needs to be really unstoppable. If he's jungling he's forced to give up flash or exhaust, which means his ganks will be pretty garbage, or when he overcommits he becomes a free kill.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

15+ Year Old Account
    How are you Jax pros building him for solo top against a typical AD?

Cloth + 5 hp pot
    Boots
    Bilgewater Cutlass
    Tabi
    Sheen/Phage
    Finish Gunblade
    Guinsoo's Rageblade
    Finish Triforce

???? Have no idea what else you'd want on him...except maybe some late game defensive items according to opponents.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Cloth + 5 hp pot
    Boots
    Bilgewater Cutlass
    Tabi
    Sheen/Phage
    Finish Gunblade
    Guinsoo's Rageblade
    Finish Triforce

???? Have no idea what else you'd want on him...except maybe some late game defensive items according to opponents.
    I usually get an early wriggle's for quicker farm, and so I can keep a ward up 100% at top without having to buy new ones all the time. It's a solid item even if you're not jungling.

Another really good item if you're not going for triforce is frozen mallet
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-05-15 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    To counter him, you should probably build something like frozen heart, since he relies a lot on attack speed, and force of nature or another heavy magic resist item, so you have both a lot of armor and magic resist, plus you slow down his attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Cloth + 5 hp pot
    Boots
    Bilgewater Cutlass
    Tabi
    Sheen/Phage
    Finish Gunblade
    Guinsoo's Rageblade
    Finish Triforce

I'm nowhere near pro, but I usually build Berserker's Greaves (if I can get away with it), Mercury's Treads, or Ninja Tabi, then I get a Hextech Gunblade, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Nashor's Tooth, Lich Bane, and for my final item I usually get a Rabadon's/Rylai's/Frozen Mallet, depending on how much damage the enemy team does, and if they focus me etc.

By the way guys... Jax jungle, does it work?

Only thing I know about Jax is don't try to 1v1 him unless you are really fed and he isn't.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    As soon as I see his dodge crap go away I pop my ultimate(blade waltz) on him and watch him cry in /all chat.
    or he'll not use it unless necessary and block your whole ult

Doubt it's that easy if the jax plays on the same level as you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    By the way guys... Jax jungle, does it work?
    He's not one of the best, but his clear speed is acceptable and his ganks are fairly good. He snowballs well from a couple of ganks.

Jax jungle does work, depends on the quality of opponent you are playing.

His farm is meh pre 6, then post 6 its awesome- mostly because if you use his skills too often you OOM . I take E first, then either Q (ganking) or W (clearing jungle).

Ganking wise, he has a gap closer and a stun. Some debate can be had on the merits of starting your stun, then jumping in with Q/ or running up trying to stun, forcing flash then jumping with Q- either way he hurts.

He really shines when you catch their jungle in river or basically any champ in a 1v1 situation- where you almost certainly will win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax beats Fiora. If you're beating Jax w/Fiora, they Jax is horrible. Nothing else to say. He is a better duelist than you with his Passive, W, & Ulti. He can negate either your Burst of Speed or Ulti completely, giving you essentially only 3 abilities.