Poll: What follower will you use?

What follower will you use?

I know we haven't seen much as far as followers go yet but what follower (if any) do you plan to use?

I think i am going to use the Templar to be a meat shield for my Wizard. But if he becomes to much of a hassle or too expensive i'll just roll solo.

You can find the follower skill trees here.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2012-05-13 at 09:43 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    It depends on which class I'm playing.For normal on my wizard, maybe the scoundrel just for the banter

Enchantress for Inferno due to the control she offers.
    Normal - Hell I'll swap as I see necessary/as I get drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering the fact that I'll be playing hardcore, from what I've seen it will be Templar on all classes...

Deleted
    Probably templar. I plan on playing Witch Doctor.

In the beta the templar felt quite weak, spending half a decade killing a skeleton I could 1hit etc. So if I'm going to use a follower at all, it will be one that can heal me. I'll be playing a barbarian btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Templar, I'll be speccing him into tank. I'm playing wizzard so he cant take the beating while i do all my magical stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    In the beta the templar felt quite weak, spending half a decade killing a skeleton I could 1hit etc. So if I'm going to use a follower at all, it will be one that can heal me. I'll be playing a barbarian btw.
    the templar can be specced into healing you.
    Once I equipped mine with a decent weapon the damage wasn't really shabby imo, keep mind though they're not meant to solo stuff or outshine you, that'd be lame

Quote Originally Posted by Itko View Post
    the templar can be specced into healing you.
    Once I equipped mine with a decent weapon the damage wasn't really shabby imo, keep mind though they're not meant to solo stuff or outshine you, that'd be lame
    One would have to have actual damage output to outshine you. With the best gear I had to give him, I think my templar had 5+dps according to his stats at lvl 13 in the beta. Including a 12.6+ dps weapon and two +2-4 dmg rings. That's early game though, maybe once you find his templar relics he scales better? I am looking forward to the scoundrel though. One of his abilities lets him fire 3 arrows at once, so even if he doesn't do much damage there is at least 3 of it going on consistently. I'll probably have all 3 out at some point though, mostly for the banter so I don't get lonely slaughtering demons and what have you.

Deleted
    probably the enchantress..but chances of using follower 10% (depending on how quickly i wanna rush through)

pritty sure you can have all 3, kinda like hunter pets in wow, you just leave the 2 in town you dont need, so pick the one that fits what you need for the next quest

Enchantress or Scoundrel, depending on who is less annoying than the Templar.

The templar sounds like the average religious zealot, and it got to the point where I had dismiss him because his windbag moral preachings were grinding my nerves big time. I'm no huge fan of rogue like characters.. depends entirely on wheter or not he's gona have hillarious and well written one-liners I guess, otherwise I'm sticking with the cute Enchantress.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.