10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 and possiblity of more then 4 Players?

Please forgive me if there is a thread which has already talked about this (if so merge it / delete this).

So anyway, what do you think of the current group setup? For me it feels quite small, but then again its at least something and better then non. Hopefully in future they could increase the size with an expansion or in a patch up to possibly 6 to 8 players per group which would be brilliant.

I guess they did this because of WoW, to keep subscribers playing the game rather then possibly loosing revenue because people are jumping to Diablo 3. I seen this discussed in another thread a while back (not a dedicated thread though).

What are your thoughts on this matter?
    -K

They limit it to 4 because of gameplay reasons, nothing else. Certainly not anything to do with WoW...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    They limit it to 4 because of gameplay reasons, nothing else. Certainly not anything to do with WoW...
    So I take it that there won't be group size increasement sometime in future.
    -K

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is an interview somewhere that said they felt 4 players were best from a teamwork standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    So I take it that there won't be group size increasement sometime in future.
    Nope, and that's a good thing. Anything more than 4 players and it just turns into chaos. Also in Diablo 2 you had 8 player games but how often did you see all 8 player work together and the same screen? Really pretty much never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Nope, and that's a good thing. Anything more than 4 players and it just turns into chaos. Also in Diablo 2 you had 8 player games but how often did you see all 8 player work together and the same screen? Really pretty much never.
    This, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fair. Personally I like when there is bit more players but its not a biggie.
    -K

I heared they done testing with more than 4 players, but then it feelt like to much going on your screen. As other said teamwork standpoint and if all players actually helping/playing, is also an factor.

Deleted
    When me and my 8 friends would work in a LAN game to try and beat the game on Hardcore Inferno mode.

Oh wait.. you can't even Play LAN and instead rely on the Looking for group mode copied from WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I heared they done testing with more than 4 players, but then it feelt like to much going on your screen. As other said teamwork standpoint and if all players actually helping/playing, is also an factor.
    It's bullshit, they just want it more like WoW.

You can't even have one person per class in your team, thats how stupid it is.

I love the 4-person per server from a PvE standpoint. I'm really hoping they handle PvP in some other way though. 4 people in a PK game back in the day was an empty boring game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    When me and my 8 friends would work in a LAN game to try and beat the game on Hardcore Inferno mode.

Oh wait.. you can't even Play LAN and instead rely on the Looking for group mode copied from WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 03:45 PM ----------

The No Lan is to stop piracy, nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The No Lan is to stop piracy, nothing else.
    How does LAN create piracy exactly? They have the always online DRM for that.

Explain to me how I can no longer LAN with my friends is a GOOD thing.

Jay Wilson stated in some interview that having more than 4 players in a game would be very graphically demanding and they want older machines to be able to run it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Jay Wilson stated in some interview that having more than 4 players in a game would be very graphically demanding and they want older machines to be able to run it.
    Just like what they say about WoW!

Funny thing is the game isn't even graphically demanding now.

The online DRM can be cracked, just like WoW and Starcraft.

You cannot host a dedicated server without some major work, though.

10+ Year Old Account

You can create a LAN of 4+ people but don't have internet? I suppose it could happen but admit that not many people will suffer from that. You can place 4 computers in a room, connect to the internet, make a passworded game and have your friends in, not much difference from a LAN suddenly. What's more, one of you can find a superrare item, sell it for 200 bucks and you can eat and drink your whole LAN weekend for free!

No one is forcing you to rely on any kind of LFG system for you to play with your friends.

How is limiting it to 4 people creating it more like WoW? I can't wrap my mind around that particular thing, or do you mean like they limit dungeons in WoW to 5 players so you can almost take one person per class in your dungeon?

OT though, I love the 4 persons, 8 people in a game like it was with Diablo 2 was a nightmare. And with the current system of stuns and CC's that are in the game having 8 people work together and timing their stuns and whatnot would make it rediculously easy, or outright impossible for smaller groups. I think 4 is fine
    Last edited by Itko; 2012-05-13 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    They want it more like WoW? What *are* you talking about. In WoW you can have 40 people in a raid if you want.

If you don't like the game, that's fine - but why do you keep hanging around these forums, whining like a little bitch?

I don't like Rap music, but if I went to a Rap forum and starting whining about how I didn't like it, people would think I was a right twat - and rightfully so!

And yet, here you are...

You're acting like a weirdo, like a spurned lover stalking his ex... Is it some kind of psychological problem with you?

Seriously, read back through your forum postings. I feel embarrassed for you.
    ...what?

He raises some legitimate points, and even if you disagree with him, such blatant personal attacks have no place in a discussion and only make your argument weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by crabsmack View Post
    ...what?
    He raises some legitimate points, and even if you disagree with him, such blatant personal attacks have no place in a discussion and only make your argument weaker.
    I don't think there were any legitimate points there. He was saying that he couldn't play LAN with his friends. Well, you can group with friends if you want and get exactly the same effect (as long as your internet connection is ok, of course). You could even get together in the same house and have a LAN party if you wanted.

He also said "They want it more like WoW", which again is not a legitimate point, since in WoW you can have groups of up to 40 people.

But it's pretty clear that he's just here to complain about a game he has no intention of playing, in an extremely unconstuctive manner. Is it any wonder I find it annoying? It *is* a weird thing to do, really!

But ok, I should just ignore him, you're right. I shall attempt to do so.

look at the sizes of the characters in d2, imagine 8 players with a load of crap on the screen, now look at the sizes of the characters on the screen in d3 & imagine the same thing, it'd just be silly

10+ Year Old Account

Explain how it is a bad thing when you can just play with your friends on battle.net in a near hack free environment?