PVP question about keeping something PVE?

So i read in the pve guide to keep some items, does that mean weapons and so on? I have enough conquest points to get cata gear now and kind of unsure of what to buy. Here is my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kachi/advanced

Tips is wanted

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 08:21 PM ----------

Lol is this forum only PVE? xD I mean just some simple plain tips

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 09:12 PM ----------

Just close this any mods

This forum goes for both. There is a heavier focus on PvE but there are plenty of people here that are knowledgeable about pvp.

With that being said, if you ask a more specific question you might receive a better answer. Like instead of the vague title, say, "hey should I use my Will of Unbinding instead of the SP proc trinket? Or should I use heroic lightning rod instead of 397 s1 weapons?"

Stuff like that would lead to better answers, but no this is not strictly PvE.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Hehe ok thanks. Nice picture! =D one hero

As frost, there are a few things to consider... First that mastery is your best offensive stat (after hit cap of course, and arguably ~30% crit) and second, that frost mages may not need as much resilience due to the simple fact that frost is about keeping people from ever hitting you in the first place. This of course depends on your own tastes and playstyle.

In general, people tend to keep the PVE tier legs and Foul Gift of the Demon Lord for the mastery. Any other PVE peices you have that would net you more mastery could be considered as well based on your own preferences. Just figure out how much resil you're comfortable with, then dedicate the rest to stacking offensive stats.

Deleted
    Alot of mages run between 3900-4200 resi in the top brackets, if your good at kiting then this is fine.

keep the ring with the red socket.
    keep the belt
    Cunning is good but Foul gift will be better as frost due to the proc rate of that 1.1k mastery.
    and the legs, if your confident.

most mages run foul gift, the ring and the belt as frost but there are a few that also run with the legs, i personally would run legs/belt/ring if i could be bothered to farm them.

out of curiosity why have you got the leg enchant with spirit on it?
    mastery on gloves
    intellect on bracers.

3900-4k resi is the best way to maximise pvp damage, also once you get geared and hit 18/19% crit start reforging mastery.

p.s. i know you said your going frost, which is fine but if you do decide to go fire then get the cata staff, skillcapped fire mages (and high end arena fires) run with it due to its stat comilation, dont ask me why i dont exactly know.
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2012-05-16 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Most top mages run 2.9k-3.5k when playing RMP.

10+ Year Old Account
    As frost if you have the choice to choose from all PvE gear, you mostly want to keep the tier leggs, weapon, 1 trinket and the hagara ring. Since the tier leggs, and the hagara ring have mastery on it, and the weapon/trinket for obvious, damage boost reasons.