Deleted

what are the recommended steps after crysis 1 installation?

I've just installed crysis 1 intending to play it with the graphics set to the best my machine can support. I'm currently installing the followup patches (1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1). after that, what should be the next few steps?

another question: i'm fairly sure that I won't be able to run it on Ultra, but what are the first settings I should disable that provide the most perfomance improvements for the least graphical loss?

my relevant specs:
    • Intel i5 2500K
    • 8 GB RAM
    • GTX 560

GTX 560? or the GTX 560 Ti?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I've just installed crysis 1 intending to play it with the graphics set to the best my machine can support. I'm currently installing the followup patches (1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1). after that, what should be the next few steps?

another question: i'm fairly sure that I won't be able to run it on Ultra, but what are the first settings I should disable that provide the most perfomance improvements for the least graphical loss?

my relevant specs:
    • Intel i5 2500K
    • 8 GB RAM
    • GTX 560
    You do realise that Crysis 1 as a system killer is well and truly over now? That game came out 5 years ago and killed machines... 5 years ago. Not so much now a days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    GTX 560? or the GTX 560 Ti?
    normal 560, not a Ti.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    You do realise that Crysis 1 as a system killer is well and truly over now? That game came out 5 years ago and killed machines... 5 years ago. Not so much now a days.
    Actually, I installed it last year on this PC, didn't install any patches, but on Ultra it was ridden with lag. uninstalled it right after because I didn't have the bandwidth to install the patches.