Is this correct, 1 player = same xp as multiple?

I was reading thru some of the D3 info and came across this

Monster Scaling by Difficulty and Players
    Here is how monsters scale per player in each difficulty:

Normal - 75% Health; 0% XP; 0% Damage
    Nightmare - 85% Health; 0% XP; 5% Damage
    Hell - 95% Health; 0% XP; 10% Damage
    Inferno - 110% Health; 0% XP; 15% Damage

One of my big concerns was that I wanted to play thru the first time on my own to check out every nook and cranny, but I was worried about gaining XP. In D2 it was such a huge XP gain to play with a full group that playing thru solo wasnt rreally an option. By reading whats aove it looks like it doesnt matter if theres 1-4 people you'll still gain the same XP. The health only goes up 75% per player so technically a full grp can kill faster, but I can live with that.

If it is 0% scale, why would they list 0% for every single difficulty, that makes ZERO sense, instead of just flat out saying it.

So, wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    If it is 0% scale, why would they list 0% for every single difficulty, that makes ZERO sense, instead of just flat out saying it.

So, wrong.
    that was bugging the hell out of me as well when I first saw that

So, wrong.
    Because in Diablo II, you did get an exp bonus by playing with others. Without something saying 0%, people would be asking if you get a bonus for playing with others.

10+ Year Old Account

So, wrong.
    You and I both know that there are people out there that would make a big song and dance about it if they didn't, can you imagine?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

So, wrong.
    Actually, XP gain is the same whether there is 1 or 4 people in the game. In fact you need to be within 1.5 screens of the kill to get XP, which is the full amount. It doesn't share it amongst the four.

But there is a different multiplier per difficulty. It's not like you're only going to get 40xp for killing a mob in hell.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-14 at 02:56 AM.

Point must have missed a few people.

Put in big bold letters, EXP Gain does not increase with more players. The end.

It is pointless, baseless, and illogical to put 0% down every time.

no... its not pointless. as some would ASSUME that it would behave like diablo 2, where exp DID increase with more players.

Therefore, rather than say nothing and leave people to speculate, they were explicit.

The fact that the number has prompted people to ask the question makes it anything but useless.
    Ok not put across as well as it could have been, but it had the intended effect indirectly.