A thought occurs on how to get friends to play

Just thinking about the real money auction house and the blizzard wallet i was wondering, could you sell in game loot to buy a copy to gift to a friend or family members battle.net account?

I always see the big sell being 'you can pay for a wow subscription!', but seeing as im on the annual pass id rather flog crap i dont need to get the game for friends who haven't tried diablo before so we have another game to play together.

Would that be possible or am i being a complete fool?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2012-05-14 at 08:35 PM. Reason: fghgh

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I mean, you can transfer funds from BNet to your Paypal so you should be able to buy a copy of a Blizzard game with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I mean, you can transfer funds from BNet to your Paypal so you should be able to buy a copy of a Blizzard game with it.
    If you are planning to purchase Blizzard product, you do not need to cash out with PayPal. You have an option to transfer to Blizzard currency, which will let you avoid some extra deduction but you won't be able to cash it out afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    If you are planning to purchase Blizzard product, you do not need to cash out with PayPal. You have an option to transfer to Blizzard currency, which will let you avoid some extra deduction but you won't be able to cash it out afterward.
    I didn't mean he'd have to transfer it to Paypal, I just meant that you have the option to take the money completely out of Blizzard hands by moving to to Paypal, so I don't see how keeping it in Blizzard hands by using it to buy one of their games would be off the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I always see the big sell being 'you can pay for a wow subscription!
    Apparently this is not the case as one poster pointed out to me last night. In the FaQ for Blizzard Bucks (or w/e they are calling it) it says you cannot use them to buy WoW game time. Now its possible you can use them to buy a game card, but I havent confirmed that.

Edit: Source http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...estions-faq#q9
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-05-14 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    excellent, so thats what i know to do in future with all the none demon hunter crap i find thats rare lol.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    broken link, bad paste --> /arti...estions-faq#q9 something shortened the path there

edit: hopefully a proper paste of the link: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...estions-faq#q9
    Last edited by coocoo; 2012-05-14 at 09:12 PM.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...estions-faq#q9

That should be a working link of philefluxx's broken one.

Deleted
    You can't use blizzard bucks to pay for a wow sub but you can use paypal to pay for a wow sub, so people can still pay for wow with their earnings; it's just they'll have to take the extra 15% paypal fee.

But yeah, I think that buying D3 for friends is an awesome way to spend your earnings