Thread: Low FPS

Low FPS

hi

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    2x2GB 800MHz DDR2
    Zotac GeForce GTX 470 AMP 1280MB etc etc

WoW runs fine, Crysis 2 runs fine, except Diablo 3. Well... even in-game cinematics (the ones from the menu) are laggy and choppy. I'm even starting the game with administrator priviledges, it's not helping. In D3 Beta I had same issue in-game, everything was freezing every 3 secs for like 1.5-2 secs. It's really annoying and it's impossible to play in that way.
    Any ideas?

Sorry no ideas, interested in the game but issues like this are the only reason I'm not getting the game. lag issues.

damn, i've got low ping (60-80), not bad gaming rig (it would run diablo!), but still 2-4 fps. damn

I tried everything, from everything on low to everything on high. Only quality changed, lags didn't. And it even lags with pre-rendered videos in the menu But menu itself and char creation/selection screen is running smoothly.

Interesting... Did you also put the sound channels on low?

Yes. Now I tried, but... nothing changed. :/
    I tried also with disabling both FPS limits, tried it in Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen.. etc

I have no clue, really. Wish I could help

-edit- Hm, quick thought. Is it possible that your videocard is overheating?

Deleted
    Vertical Sync, Check your graphics card, and your game settings, if one is clicked and one isnt, or both arent, click both

That system should be running the game fine maxed out. I would completely wipe your graphics drivers and reinstall them and make sure they are up to date. Always get drivers from Nvidia's site instead of your manufacturer. Also always get betas over WHQL. Both beta and WHQL get the same testing from Nvidia. WHQL just means they paid microsoft money to get a sticker on it.

If wiping your graphics driver doesn't work, then I'd wipe and reinstall your directx.

If both of those don't work, then it's time to reinstall windows. This will most certainly solve your problem. If you don't want to lose your data you can install windows over itself, but then you'll have a clean registry so windows won't know what's on the system, causing some things to not work. You can also take the clean slate approach and reformat, but then obviously everything will be wiped.

GPU isn't overheating, it's cool.

Camo, I tried that. Didn't help.

Deleted
    Oh well, then im out of ideas My pc is far worse and runs it fine

If you have one of those dual gfx card setups did you add diablo to the high performance card list?

Deleted
    i had freeze every minute for 1-5 sec as you did in the beta, haven't tried on live yet. but people told me it was server lag who made the computer freeze for a few sec sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this issue randomly. had to restart the computer for it to smooth out again. Once in a while I would have this problem and restarting the computer fixed it.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition (3.2Ghz)
    2x AMD Radeon HD 6870
    16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 (4x4Gb)
    AMD RD890+SB850 Chipset

I'm frequently getting lag spikes of about 10 fps but I'm usually hanging around 50. First thought that was because CrossfireX was enabled but there's absolutely no difference when it's disabled.

EDIT: Never had this problem during BETA (had CrossfireX enabled the whole time)
    Last edited by Gunthaar; 2012-05-16 at 12:50 PM. Reason: more info.