Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    GW2 will let you dodge spells and there aren't any healers just classes with support skills like boons, slight off heals but still considered dps. Gw2 does separate its self from wow but that doesn't make it better. I mean a game released in 2012 vs one that came out in 04 fair comparision. I don't understand how nobody beat wow subs wise the game is so old and has tons of problems. Don't hate wow just saying it isn't perfected and tired of hearing x will kill wow. When the game is old as crap, I be more shocked that this wow lasted this long compared to all the other mmos. Classes have so many choices stun breakers, movement impairing effect removing skills, gap closer, gap openers will be really fun. Warrior can have a version of blink in gw2 every class has the option to have anything really.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    GW2 will let you dodge spells and there aren't any healers just classes with support skills like boons, slight off heals but still considered dps. Gw2 does separate its self from wow but that doesn't make it better. I mean a game released in 2012 vs one that came out in 04 fair comparision. I don't understand how nobody beat wow subs wise the game is so old and has tons of problems. Don't hate wow just saying it isn't perfected and tired of hearing x will kill wow. When the game is old as crap, I be more shocked that this wow lasted this long compared to all the other mmos. Classes have so many choices stun breakers, movement impairing effect removing skills, gap closer, gap openers will be really fun. Warrior can have a version of blink in gw2 every class has the option to have anything really.
    All games have tons of problems, what matters is the POSITIVE aspects and obviously WoW wouldn't have lasted 7 years if it didn't have enough of them...people claiming that other people only stick with WoW/played it through the years due to lack of options and whatnot can just go sit in a corner until they're mature enough to realise that they can't speak for millions of people just to try and prove a point.

WoW = Fun.
    GW2 = Fun.

If some people disagree, then that still don't make the games less fun to those that DO agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aesthetically GW2 is better than WoW for one reason alone: the concept art actually matches up with the in-game textures.

If WoW was actually designed to match up with Blizzard's awesome pieces of concept art (and I do really mean AWESOME), then WoW would look a whole hell of a lot better. As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard only started to do this with the release of Cata, but some models still look pretty wonky. Take the Pandaren as an example: they look really bad-ass in most pieces of concept art, but look like a joke in-game. I don't know whether to blame that on the 10 year old engine, or incompetent texture designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Aesthetically GW2 is better than WoW for one reason alone: the concept art actually matches up with the in-game textures.

If WoW was actually designed to match up with Blizzard's awesome pieces of concept art (and I do really mean AWESOME), then WoW would look a whole hell of a lot better. As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard only started to do this with the release of Cata, but some models still look pretty wonky. Take the Pandaren as an example: they look really bad-ass in most pieces of concept art, but look like a joke in-game. I don't know whether to blame that on the 10 year old engine, or incompetent texture designers.
    Blame it on the fact that concept art has always been very different from the in-game style for Blizzard products. It's part of the charm imo. If they really wanted, and I've got a feeling they will for their next big mmo/whatever, they could probably blow most other games out of the water in terms of looks and optimization at the same time.

I've also for a long time wondered why stuff in-game doesn't look like the concept art, but then I remember that I value performance and gameplay the most. I wouldn't mind if they did SOME improvements though, and I think that they are moving towards it even for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if Hogger was bigger in 10 times and had flashy effects over his body, you would like WoW better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The earlier thread got onto this topic and was closed because of it.

Don't make game vs. game topics, they never EVER end well.