Blizzard Offers Some (Australian) Diablo III Fans Refunds, Others "Free" Games

Source

Recently I have not been impressed with Blizzard, from the changes to WoW over the last two expansions, the charges for a lot of their services, the cash shop for pets/mounts, and the real money AH in D3. I decided to stop buying Blizzard games, and that includes D3.

However the above story I thought was worth a post and does a lot to restore my faith in them, for anyone who just wants the highlights Australian gamers who bought D3 from GAME lost their preorder and won't see a refund because GAME went bankrupt and are in administration.

Blizzard just offered to refund them what they paid if they buy another copy directly from Blizzard as a digital download, and then send them their receipts. Pretty cool huh?

Still won't be buying their games, but it's a cool move on their part and deserves credit

EDIT: D'oh, didn't realise this was on the front page! Well that's what I get for not reading the news/front pages anymore

Not free, they just take their receipt from game and give them a discoutn on a digital purchase so if they paid 5$ for a pre-order, they give them a 5$ discoutn if they prepurchased they give them the game, but they need their receipt.

Basically Blizzard stepped in for a retarded bankrupt company who couldn't honor their own purchases. Nice move, I guess.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Free because they bought it from Game, not from Blizzard. Blizzard probably did not receive their money (or else they would have sent stock) so they are giving them away for free (if you have a receipt of the other purchase).