Obtaining the Diablo 3 CE story.

Well depending on how you look at it, It was an adventure.. Although a bit frustrating.

I did not preorder. After playing the Beta I real.ly enjoyed the game and wanted to look for a CE copy. Could not find any place to preorder. Fast forward to Last night. I figured Bestbuy would have extra copies as they usually do. Waited in line for 30 minutes only to be told at 12:05am, nope... no extra copies.

So I go over to my local Walmart. The guy in Electronics says, nope... no copies at all of CE. As I'm walking out the store defeated I logged into target.com through my iPhone and the CE WAS available for order. So I punch in my information, select premium shipping and THURSDAY it should be here. That wasn't good enough though.

I came home and kept reading about people getting copiesat Walmart... So I call another walmart. The lady who answered was no help and couldnt check inventory cause she was "watching" the doors. Umm. okay. So I called the Walmart I went to 2 hours prior and was told they did not carry the CE and when I asked the guy if he could check another walmarts inventory he says..... " We have them here". I asked to confirm again.. ME: " No, Im looking for the Collector's Edition.. the ones that are $99".. He replied with " Yeah, we have plenty here..."

So I head BACK up to Walmart and the same guy who told me earlier they had no CE's said again..."Nope." I said I called and someone told me they did.. so he yells back to some guy with a clipboard and walkie talkie and the guy said " I told you we had them... they are to your left in those two boxes ".. I look to his left NOT EVEN 3 feet away and two boxes with 4 CE's each sat there.

I was dumbfounded how this walmart guy for hours had no clue.. He laughs as he says " OH wow.. I had so many people ask for the CE."

I bought 2 copies.. I dont know if Im going to sell one or give it away for a local charity event.

Must not have been the brightest boy behind the counter. Glad you got it in the end though!

My story...ordered it in the mail eons ago, drumming my fingers at WalMart. :|
    At least I get in through the AP so it's not like I'm waiting to actually play the game.

Deleted
    My fucking story: I preordered it months in advance. What happens? They did not have it. They probably sold it to a random toolbag. At this very moment, I'm very very angry about this. I'm going back tomorrow, since the store manager wasn't present today, so it might have just been an error by an employee who didn't know what the fuck she was doing.

Life's a fucking bitch when you, who didn't even put the effort in it to pre-order has a CE, whilst I, who did pre-order it, and that months in advance, didn't get one.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2012-05-15 at 04:43 PM.

Or he was playing dumb because he/his friends wanted copies so said they didn't have any
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

My story:
    I didn't pre-order anything. Figures stores would have some copies laying around anyway. Which turned out to be not true, seeing as the whole town only get a massive 7 to sell (from what I got from the stores I went to).
    Then I began to search internet for all the webshops and I found one . Immediately ordered one! My original intent was to order it when I got home, 5 hours later, but I checked the webshop again after I got home and they were sold out. Hooray for me

Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Or he was playing dumb because he/his friends wanted copies so said they didn't have any
    Then he should've either bought or hide them ^^

Deleted
    And this is exactly why I love Blizzard. I sent in a ticket regarding my situation, and they have given me the following response:

"Sadly, no, the special stuff is bound to the collectors license. However, buy the standard edition.
    When it arrives upgrade the standard edition with the CE box code, contact us, and we'll give you a new standard edition cdkey so that you can give it to a friend."

Deleted
    my story. hadnt even tried to buy a CE or anything d3 related, i checked on google on monday night, saw that on may 15th there would be 2 d3 devs signing shit at a store in my city around 6.30pm, and that some CEs would be available on a first come first serve basis.

yesterday morning i wake up and i figured, what the hell i'll go see if there's people queueing for tonight already. 9.30am im at the store, walk in, and i see about 15 CEs by the counter. i bought 5 for 90euros each, kept one, waited a couple hours for all the CEs in store to be gone, and sold my extra 4 copies for 150euros each.

at 6.30pm with about 80people waiting, the store manager had to tell'em that there were no CEs available since they sold'em all that morning by mistake, lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    my story. hadnt even tried to buy a CE or anything d3 related, i checked on google on monday night, saw that on may 15th there would be 2 d3 devs signing shit at a store in my city around 6.30pm, and that some CEs would be available on a first come first serve basis.

yesterday morning i wake up and i figured, what the hell i'll go see if there's people queueing for tonight already. 9.30am im at the store, walk in, and i see about 15 CEs by the counter. i bought 5 for 90euros each, kept one, waited a couple hours for all the CEs in store to be gone, and sold my extra 4 copies for 150euros each.

at 6.30pm with about 80people waiting, the store manager had to tell'em that there were no CEs available since they sold'em all that morning by mistake, lol
    Fucking idiot. Seriously, people like you make me sick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Fucking idiot. Seriously, people like you make me sick.
    offer and demand