Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pleasantly surprised with this one, have gotten a lot of entertainment out of it.

Deleted
    I didn't know anything about Diablo before I bought this game, but this is a game that feels like it's just something that you play every so often. After about 1 - 2 hours of playing it gets very boring, it's not the sort of game i would recommend to anybody that likes to game for long hours.

I am not QQing about not liking the game but i do feel let down, I was expecting something more in-depth. This just plays like a arcade game.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Guess you don't even have the game.
    I have the game and i agree with the guy.... stupid comment claiming people don't have the game when they aren't super hyped for it. Grow up please.

I never got why such hype for a gameplay that has been repeated in so many games - to me this is just same old shit in a new wrapping. I sense it must be a Blizzard fanboyism and a blindly "here, take my money" thing. :P

Diablo gameplay been used in :

Pure Diablo clones:
    Darkstone
    Depths of Peril
    Din's Curse
    Fate/Undiscovered Realms/The Traitor Soul/The Cursed King
    Loki: Heroes of Mythology
    Revenant
    Sacred/Underworld
    Sacred 2
    Titan Quest/Immortal Throne
    Torchlight

Hybrids:
    Divine Divinity/Beyond Divinity
    Dungeon Siege/Legends of Aranna
    Dungeon Siege 2/Broken World
    Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
    Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
    Nox
    Soulbringer
    The Bard's Tale (2005)
    Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption

Shit Tier:
    Ancient Evil/The Curse of the Snake Cult
    Dawn of Magic/Blood Magic (RU: Магия Крови)
    Dawn of Magic 2 (RU: Магия Крови: Время Теней)
    Greed
    Harbinger
    Hazen
    Mage Knight Apocalypse
    Necromania: Trap of Darkness
    Restricted Area
    Silverfall/Earth Awakening (RU: Silverfall: Магия Земли)
    Space Hack
    Space Siege
    The Chosen: Well of Souls

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Deleted
    It's ok.

The gameplay is pretty solid, nothing hugely new or exciting, but it's as fluid and polished as you'd expect from Blizzard. the story is as cliche as you'd expect from a title that Metzen has worked on, but I don't think many people honestly play Diablo for the story.

If it wasn't for the launch problems I'd be happy with it, as it is, I'm glad I got it "free" with the AP, in its current state I wouldn't be happy having paid full retail price.

Quote Originally Posted by OniPew View Post
    I didn't know anything about Diablo before I bought this game, but this is a game that feels like it's just something that you play every so often. After about 1 - 2 hours of playing it gets very boring, it's not the sort of game i would recommend to anybody that likes to game for long hours.

I am not QQing about not liking the game but i do feel let down, I was expecting something more in-depth. This just plays like a arcade game.

Just my opinion.
    It is indeed just something you play once in a while for kicks.... i just plan on completing it and then it goes on the shelf. The Auction House was a smart move by blizzard... they take a fee once you sell items and then again once you want to cash out to paypal. Double bonus for the milking machine known as Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing for the last 18 hours, and the game is simply spectacular! Nothing more! I'm taking my time solo! I'm at the half of the second Act! Again, amazing!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

I've never played any diablo before and I'm pretty sure I haven't played a lot of hack n' slash games before , and D3 is amazing :O Won't be playing WoW for a week or more it seems

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Boring and repetitive. 10-15 years old gameplay with 5 year old graphics

Its not a bad game still but isn't by any means a very good game. Beats afking in Orgrimmar ofc.
    graphics aren't 5 years old, but perhaps slightly dated

Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    so gtfo already

Very constructive in a post thats about what people think of the game. Notwen, please disappear from this thread please if you can't behave.

Its Good, I am thoroughly enjoying it, only half way through normal, Cant wait till harder difficulties when i actually have to think :]
    If your not enjoying the game don't log in, so those of us that do love it can play.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Nope i do through the annual and dont regret purchasing it. As i said its not a bad game (what i saw so far at least) but if it wasnt blizzard and diablo it wouldnt receive the hype and praise it currently does.

0 innovation and pretty much the death of any new idea shouldn't get rewarded this much imo.

Op asked for opinions btw mine doesn't necessarily have to agree with yours. If its everything you wanted great for you and hope you enjoy it.
    yeah because inferno/crafting (ok it was in D2 but you can't compare that)/new skill system/ new classes/ new story etc is totally the same idea

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    graphics aren't 5 years old, but perhaps slightly dated
    blizzard was never known for the uber graphics because they want a huge group of people play the game and not just the 10% that can afford a new pc every 6months.
    Last edited by Myrlae; 2012-05-15 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    -snip-
    True, but if the game is well crafted with the same core as its predecessors, then why is that a bad thing? I am not entirely sure what Blizzard could have possibly done to make it so different from the previous 2 games without switching to another genre or creating a new one altogether.

As for the hype, it's a Blizzard game. Even if you have a mild opinion about the game it is solid enough. Plus, a lot of people who played the previous ones were younger, so the nostaliga factor plays a lot into it. Heck, 11-12 years are a lot of time, after all.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-05-15 at 06:35 PM.

I'm enjoying the shit out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    It is indeed just something you play once in a while for kicks.... i just plan on completing it and then it goes on the shelf. The Auction House was a smart move by blizzard... they take a fee once you sell items and then again once you want to cash out to paypal. Double bonus for the milking machine known as Blizzard.
    It's a much milking as any other company out there who wants to make money. Though, it's kind of pointless pointing it out, since you will not listen, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Huh?

Wow worked just fine for me the entire time. What are you talking about? The login servers for wow and D3 are entirely different entities.
    And you know this how? using same login to both games makes one suspect its all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    True, but if the game is well crafted with the same core as its predecessors, then why is that a bad thing? I am not entirely sure what Blizzard could have possibly done to make it so different from the previous 2 games without switching to another genre or creating a new one altogether.

As for the hype, it's a Blizzard game. Even if you have a mild opinion about the game it is solid enough. Plus, a lot of people who played the previous ones were younger, so the nostaliga factors plays a lot into it. Heck, 11-12 years are a lot of time, after all.
    It's bad because it lacks innovation. Other games coming out have innovations in them that look pretty sweet. Add in excessive DRM and lack of general support (things like lan) and what you get is a game that is a pale shadow of its predecessors glory. If you can tell me why torchlight 2 will feature everything diablo has and adds mod, lan support, and only costs 20 bucks then I'll rethink my position on diablo 3.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-05-15 at 06:03 PM.

I got Diablo 3 for nothing, I was expecting to get little out of it (I hated every other game I've tried other than WoW for three years or more including Skyrim).

So - my expectations were low.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I actually enjoy the game.

The main reason I enjoy it is that it is easy enough to learn without constant death, so that by the time you are facing anything mildly challenging - you have half a clue how to play.

I love the graphics, the setting - the story. Nothing has engrossed me this much since WoW first came out.

My score 8/10.

I do like the login screen.... or maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    It's a much milking as any other company out there who wants to make money. Though, it's kind of pointless pointing it out, since you will not listen, anyway.
    Whats to listen to? Are you trying to change my opinion by forcing yours on to me? - I got my opinion and you got yours , live with it. Blizzard is the only company i know thats milking everything to the max and i've been buying and playing computer games for 3 decades and not seen anything done like Blizzard, not once.

Btw, i don't like the "no Local Area Network" - that was the best part of this genre.
    Last edited by Poinen; 2012-05-15 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    I got the game "free" because of Annual Pass.
    I've never played with previous versions, but I really love the game, it's more fun than I excepted. I'm happy that servers are offline now, because I played 5 hrs without a second break and who knows how long I'd have played...
    It's sure now, that I'll play this game until MoP comes out.