Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its ok, i honestly wasnt that hyped about the release anyway. It will be a nice time killer between rated bg nights i suppose.

And tbh, i dont care at all about graphics in games, but damn they could have done something more. Starcraft 2 even looks 200% better graphicly. I was underwhelmed that are no "ultra" settings for people not using a toaster as there PC.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-05-15 at 06:30 PM.

Everything I've wanted? It's been out for less than a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    Blizzard is the only company i know thats milking everything to the max
    How many gaming companies do you know of, one?

Its OK I guess, not epic but decent. Its basically watered downed D2 game play (which is to be expected), minus much of the RPG element. Graphics are a bit weak for 2012, but that's the art style I guess. Voice acting is hit and miss. Overall, not too bad, but not the epicness of D2.

It's fun and something to do with my WoW friends that all got annual pass.

If it wasn't offered via AP, I probably wouldn't have bothered buying it. Not worth the $60 imo, but worth getting it for paying a sub on another game.

*Awaiting GW2*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an excellent filler until Mists of Pandaria comes out,

I've been enjoying playing co-op with my sweetheart... hacking and slashing away as a Barbarian while she Wizards it up
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Everything I've wanted? It's been out for less than a day...

How many gaming companies do you know of, one?
    Blizzard-Activision counts as one company.

Need I remind everyone of all the copy/paste Call of Duties? -_-

All I know is and I called this WEEKS in advance, it didn't deserve the overhyping it's receiving right now.

As a huge fan of D1 who BARELY played D2, I will say the game is fun, but there isn't a ton of new stuff. It really feels like the old hack and slash we all love with more graphics.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Then you have insanely low standards or play only bad games...
    Atm im at the end of first act on nightmare and tbh im more dissapointed with d3 than i was with cataclysm..

if i would be to give it a note, it would be 4/10
    LOL I had to laugh SOOOOO hard with this post.

".. I am at the end of first act on nightmare..."

No dude you don't even have the game or you wouldn't say such stupidity...

At least first look up some decent info on the game before talking nonsense...

I wonder what's in the mind of such kind of people of making things up.

Very happy with D3. It pretty much delivered on what i was expecting from it.

Was waiting for my friends so i got in late and thankfully didn't run into any log in or dc issues. Just cleared Act 1 with my friends and so far it's been a blast.

Don't know if everything, but it's pretty complete

I have a 23 Barbarian and although I find myself sometimes getting lost in the dungeons trying to find what I went there for, every time I see a mob my eyes open and my mind says: Run to them and cleave them as a wild bastard!

The talent system is niceeee very good customization. On the other hand, I miss the extra binds from Wow. I would bind the different spells by groups rather than switching skills in my action bar every "serious" bossfight

Pretty fast action, not too difficult at the moment for a first time Diablo player (a bit difficult getting used to the constant 3/4 view camera and mouse moving/clicking) and good looking

Interesting Lore.

The only thing that dissapointed me seriously is how "short" the game (storyline) is, as I saw a few hours ago how some Koreans I think already beated Diablo. But not a big deal at the moment. When I finish it myself, I will evaluate and see if this game attracts me enough to keep playing it.

PD: As I said, I am a new Diablo player (Annual Pass Hellaw) so I am "learning" the game. The spots, NPCs and such, so I cant compare it to previous Diablos and maybe some of my "cons" in this post are not even "cons" because I havent found the way, yet
    Last edited by Spiel; 2012-05-15 at 06:37 PM.

Love it! I'm playing WD and already at level 13 there are lots of fun combinations with spells I can do. Looking forward to even more as I level!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

the game, yes. 21 bard 17 Whitch doc, and enjoying every minute of it.

the login shit however is terrible...
    expected better of Blizz on that.
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's bad because it lacks innovation. Other games coming out have innovations in them that look pretty sweet. Add in excessive DRM and lack of general support (things like lan) and what you get is a game that is a pale shadow of its predecessors glory. If you can tell me why torchlight 2 will feature everything diablo has and adds mod, lan support, and only costs 20 bucks then I'll rethink my position on diablo 3.
    Considering what your position is on SW: TOR and what I have read from you since its launch I find this highly ironic.

Besides, I am not here to convince anyone that this game is good if they do not like it, in the first place. If you value LAN, mods, etc. (none of them being innovative, either), then this game is not for you.

Now, let's keep this thread from getting derailed, since we both know what our last conversation was like.

I was never a huge fan of the diablo series, although I find them enjoyable and have finished all diablo games, so D3 was not really an anticipated game for me. Still, I bought it, because it seemed solid. Its a good game, you can log in and quickly kill some things. The gameplay is more streamlined compared to D2 but there seems to be lack of options on lower levels (D2 lack of options the whole game though though). So yeah, its decent and I like the art style. Contrary to what soem people write here, I think that D3 actually brings lots of positive innovation into the genre, which is nice.

If I'd have to criticize something, than of course, the horrible decision to have to play a single-player game on a server (I am not interested in D3 multiplayer, not a bit). It would be ok if it worked, but it doesn't even do that because I can't log in for two hours straigth. Another negative things is the horribly boring, cheesy story, facepalm dialogues and voice acting. But its an action RPG, these are not supposed to have stories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Boring and repetitive. 10-15 years old gameplay with 5 year old graphics

Its not a bad game still but isn't by any means a very good game. Beats afking in Orgrimmar ofc.
    Wait what? I checked gameplay from both D1 and D2 (to figure out if im going to buy it or not) and the graphics on D3 actually made me want to buy it (and ofc, reading more into the "heroes" kinda conviced me aswell).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    Whats to listen to? Are you trying to change my opinion by forcing yours on to me? - I got my opinion and you got yours , live with it. Blizzard is the only company i know thats milking everything to the max and i've been buying and playing computer games for 3 decades and not seen anything done like Blizzard, not once.

Btw, i don't like the "no Local Area Network" - that was the best part of this genre.
    Seems to me that you have never heard of EA, then.

Well, your opinion makes as much sense from an economical standpoint as a regular wall painter telling an artist what techniques he/she should use when creating a picture. Still, you can be entitled to your opinion as much as you like and I thought I made it very clear that you would not listen anyway, so how I have forced anything onto you is beyond me.

Just because someone replies to your comment with a counter-point does not mean that they are forcing his/her opinion on you.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    I didn`t play diablo II but i can`t stop thinking that hack and slash dungeons was fun and had its place 12 years ago ...
    Wouldn`t hexitate in spending money if it was turn based combat or even 3rd person
    Diablo 3 is in 3rd person.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Actually, there is zero actual customization, all choices are always available to you, you never ''choose'' anything except for the skill you use right now. Everyone playing the same class as you is exactly the same as you are, wich is, BORING. - It's the only thing that made the game from a 10/10 to a 6.5/10 for me
    Seriously? It's much better than everyone below level 30 saving virtually all of their skill points so they can spec correctly. I'd much rather be doing real damage and helping the group rather than attacking everything with my level 1 firebolt while everyone else carries me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Hack-n-slash still has it's place, this is basically a direct competitor to GW2 in the sense of that. Turn-based? Who in the hell would want a turn-based game, and for what purpose? We're not playing chess.

I don't really care about the lore, end-game in any game is always where it's at so I couldn't care less about it.
    how is a single player game (with up to 4 player cooperative mode) a competitor for an open world, 3rd person m, yet to be released MMORPG? That like saying Skyrim competes with Farmville to me. They have almost nothing common.

I also don't understand how Diablo 3, which is essentially a singleplayer game with a beginning, middle and end, can have "endgame". How the hell does it work? Do bosses respawn? I never players Diablo 1 or 2 online because it didn't interest me, so don't know about these things. I also did not and will not be buying this game (RMAH and forced online).

AoEing like crazy on my Barbarian is one of the most fun things I've done in a video game in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    how is a single player game (with up to 4 player cooperative mode) a competitor for an open world, 3rd person m, yet to be released MMORPG? That like saying Skyrim competes with Farmville to me. They have almost nothing common.

I also don't understand how Diablo 3, which is essentially a singleplayer game with a beginning, middle and end, can have "endgame". How the hell does it work? Do bosses respawn? I never players Diablo 1 or 2 online because it didn't interest me, so don't know about these things. I also did not and will not be buying this game (RMAH and forced online).
    Maps are generated randomly, so you get new maps when you enter the same zone etc. Inferno = crazy hard mode, every mob is 61+ (if I remember correctly) and they are going to patch in an arena system. So there's some end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only played through normal so far then the emergency maintenance and haven't been able to get back on to start nightmare yet (level 31 monk). So far everything is amazing, 10/10.