10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else who did not manage to get a physical copy of Diablo 3?

As the title asks, did anyone else not manage to find a physical copy at a store? I knew that this game was of high demand and that a lot of people had preordered it. However, I was pretty surprised that even the standard editions where I live were completely sold out, since it has never happened before to me.

Now I am currently waiting for the next shipment to the store where I booked the game today and it will arrive next week. As a follow up question if you answered yes to my first question, when have you been told that you will get your copy?

Just to emphasize, this is not a whine thread, and I just am curious about the subject.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-05-15 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks to play.com I'll probably get mine tomorrow... late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any game that I have been interested in, I pre-order. It only makes sense, since it is the only way to guarantee that a copy will be there for YOU.

WoW (started 2mo after release, so doesn't count)
    TBC: pre-ordered in Nov
    Wrath: pre-ordered in Aug
    Cata collectors: pre-ordered in july
    DIII: digital reserve from annual pass
    M.o.P.: the day pre-orders open... unless I choose to not continue playing.

Not once have I had a case where my "reserved" copy hasn't been there for me.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    As the title asks, did anyone else not manage to find a physical copy at a store? I knew that this game was of high demand and that a lot of people had preordered it. However, I was pretty surprised that even the standard editions where I live were completely sold out, since it has never happened before, for me.

Now I am currently waiting for the next shipment to the store where I booked the game today and it will arrive next week. As a follow up question if you answered yes to my first question, when have you been told that you will get your copy?

Just to emphasize, this is not a whine thread, and I just am curious about the subject.
    pre-ordered a collector's edition even tho i have the annual pass active. But the gamestop i went to had like 1 copy for sale, rest were for pre-orders.

I've always gone to my local supermarkets for WoW expansions and now D3, but their problem is they shelf the 'normal' editions 1-2 days early so usually they end up being sold out before they are officially out. I do have a few friends working in one of the supermarkets so I can usually get them to save me a copy (or even a CE, they shelf those around midday on release day for some reason) but this time their store hadn't ordered any CEs so now I'm stuck with no D3 at all.

18.11.2006-31.5.2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Any game that I have been interested in, I pre-order. It only makes sense, since it is the only way to guarantee that a copy will be there for YOU.

WoW (started 2mo after release, so doesn't count)
    TBC: pre-ordered in Nov
    Wrath: pre-ordered in Aug
    Cata collectors: pre-ordered in july
    DIII: digital reserve from annual pass
    M.o.P.: the day pre-orders open... unless I choose to not continue playing.

Not once have I had a case where my "reserved" copy hasn't been there for me.
    I am kind of the opposite. I like going into a gaming store at launch day of a game that I like and see if it's there. Managed to get StarCraft 2 CE that way. Item hunting in real life can be just as fun as in Diablo. =P

Though, in the future I will probably be a bit more prepared. Really wanted the CE for Diablo 3 and I tried finding places online where I could find a copy for quite some time, but it was never posssible to preorder there.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-05-15 at 06:05 PM.