Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Okay Seriously any fair and Unbiased reviews from people who have played?

I havent brought the game yet. Places like metacretic and reddit are tearing D3 apart, unfairly giving it a 0 just because of the launch problem.

I see so much anger over the launch, it overshadows actual reviews on the gameplay itself...

So for those who played, how is DIABLO's Story? I play campaign games like this, to lose myself in the story, more then the gameplay itself. I love a Good story.

Is the story good on it's own merits? Is it branched off from D1 or D2 or is it good as a sequel and successor?

How is the gameplay.

How many hours of gameplay are there without rushing? I'm hearing mixed reviews saying the story is too short, while others say they are 8 hours into the game and still have a long way to go.

So can we weed out the trolls, haters, and doom and gloom people, and state Facts about D3 in this thread.

All opinions are welcomed positive or negative, as LONG as you played the game!

No spoilers please, Thank you!

dude, for me diablo 3 is 10/10

awesome game, awesome gameplay, awesome history

I just started act 2, and so far the game is really amazing.

Haven't been paying a lot of attention to the story, but the gameplay is amazing.
    It's just so awesome to feel so powerful and decimate 20 enemies at once in one blow.

Oh and, I've played for about 5 hours now and I'm still only at act 2. I'm not sure how many there are, but that does mean the game takes a long time. Which is great

15+ Year Old Account
    Fun hack and slash, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a fun game with the old diablo feel to it, but unfortunately i'm not a big fan of the character/gear stats which have been simplified to the lowest common denominator so that the typical WoW player can understand what the hell is going on. As for the story I haven't gotten that far yet but it seems pretty decent so far as I'm nearing the end of the first Act.

Noone will give you unbiased review here as everyone is affected by personal opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The combat is spot on. (most important)

The music is spot on.

The story is interesting (so far)
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Noone will give you unbiased review here as everyone is affected by personal opinion.

Yes, well what I meant was reviews from people presently playing the game this moment and are nearing to beat the game, rather then people who rate the game a 0 because they cant sign in, or just hate blizzard purely for the sake of hating blizzard. But you get the gist, what's on the internet right now, it's all very deceiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a hack and slash gear grind just like D1 & 2

Feels great, looks great, sounds great

Closest thing to a complaint I have is the story telling is a little corny
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

While I've only played a little (just past where the beta ended, if you took part in that), the story is clicking together nicely. I've been avoiding spoilers, so there was a little mystery that's just kicked in and I'm liking it. I'm already intrigued as to where they're planning to go with the plotlines they're setting up, which is (another) good incentive to keep hacking through Hell's legions.

Gameplay is very solid - what can I say, it's Diablo. Skills for the Monk have been a blast to try out, and having runes unlock for each skill as you level helps keep things fresh. I have noticed some lag if my server ping gets high, but I believe a large part of that is the connection at my end, and I imagine last night was the most loaded the servers are going to be.

In terms of length, I know it can be rushed in -10 hours if you like doing that sort of thing. If you're enjoying your experience, exploring side dungeons, leveling your artisans...I imagine this will give you at least 15 hours (conservative estimate) on Normal, so more than that overall.

Just a few quick points, but hopefully that gives some impressions.

EDIT: Oh, the story telling is definitely a little corny, but the voice acting is great:-)

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole game in general for me is amazing =] The combat is lots of fun and the story is interesting!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Pretty much this.

Everyone here is a gamer is soe way, most have played D1 and D2 plus there expansions and getting an honest review here would be a needle in a haystack kind of thing.

You would need to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonamemafia View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far everyone!
    what's on the internet right now, it's all very deceiving.
    Where are we now?

I havent brought the game yet. Places like metacretic and reddit are tearing D3 apart, unfairly giving it a 0 just because of the launch problem.

I see so much anger over the launch, it overshadows actual reviews on the gameplay itself...

So for those who played, how is DIABLO's Story? I play campaign games like this, to lose myself in the story, more then the gameplay itself. I love a Good story.

Is the story good on it's own merits? Is it branched off from D1 or D2 or is it good as a sequel and successor?

How is the gameplay.

How many hours of gameplay are there without rushing? I'm hearing mixed reviews saying the story is too short, while others say they are 8 hours into the game and still have a long way to go.

So can we weed out the trolls, haters, and doom and gloom people, and state Facts about D3 in this thread.

u use metacritics users review score as a source? dont read up user reviews cuz they are the most biased things ever.

you'll get as much time out of diablo 3 if you like it as you would/did skyrim WITHOUT MODS if you like it

month or less

How is the gameplay.

If you can get in the game is awsome 9/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    The whole game in general for me is amazing =] The combat is lots of fun and the story is interesting!
    Great game with a LOT of technical BS around it. For example, right now, even if you get into game on EU, its lagging, but before noon it went smoothly, they just cant handle everyone at once.

its one hell of a good time to play with friends

As someone who has never played the first two, and usually doesn't like dungeon crawler type games, I'm really enjoying it. The story is way good enough to get me past it being a genre I'm not a huge fan of, and my friend has been getting frustrated at me cause I keep stopping to listen to lore stuff xD

i take back what i said, i read some of the low scores given to diablo 3 and they do make great points about drm the way blizz screwed up the game making it online only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played for about 90 minutes this morning and tried 3 different classes so didn't get very far with any of them so I'm nowhere near beating the game yet nor am I in a giant hurry to do so.

Play and movement is very smooth. Graphically, it's OK without being spectacular. Seems to be very polished at least in the early stages. Auction House (gold) was populated with a lot of stuff going for outrageous rates which is par for the course but it was there and functioning (I bought a sword to see). Music is great (Russell Brower was in charge of music design). Grouped up with a friend for 15 minutes or so and that worked just fine.

All in all, despite the bumps with login servers and such, it's exactly what I would have expected and I can't wait to get home later on and play some more.