• Yogg - No Lights

81 23.82%
  • M'uru

45 13.24%
  • Kil'Jaden

8 2.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Re: "We've NEVER put as much effort into a kill as we now did on downing Heroic Ragnaros."

This is because of the non limited number of attempts they actually could.

What makes me think H LK is harder is that it took many weeks and a 5% buff and by that time their raid was nearly fully decked in heroic 25man gear. While for Ragnaros the kill happened with only a small portion of the raid in heroic Firelands gear simply because they only had 2(I could be wrong) weeks of heroic gear.

plzzz, they have to say this -.-
    each first they gain they want to underline it was the hardest boss everyone ever has killed and they are first.
    Its just even more advertising when its the hardest ever.. All what did take the time for H Rag was that you have todo 10 min fights before you will see last phase. After you get the thing with emp sulfuras, guys who actually know where they have to run for fire on the floor and get him into it with 2 meteor (now its more likely 1) the shit is done. And all this with remind for the massive ae you needed to get those nasty seeds down. after all its more like 25 poeple know the dance and 10 of them know there stuff in p4.

H LK was in this kind harder that anytime anybody has been targeted by valks, his asphylblabla and the stuff on the floor. This plus straight movement in the other zone, dispell on deseases, adds, block holes and even more stuff I didn't got him under 20% even with 10% buff. But i so hate fucking love all the different stuff. And my eyes can easier handly blue and blakc tones than this shitty orange/red on rag where i usually got headaches...

just my 2 cents

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Heroic spine should be up there, definitely in the top 3 fight difficulties. Heroic madness is a joke if you have some even mediocre aoe burst classes

Hardest in terms of tuning or in terms of mechanics? Or even in terms of say, excessive class stacking requirements?

For example, Algalon was considered incredibly hard at the time, but that's purely because of the fight's tuning - his mechanics are actually incredibly simple. Spine was a massive content gate in DS, but that was because it was so tightly tuned that you needed to stack burst classes like the bejesus to make the timers (I remember KIN referring to everyone in the raid who wasn't a Sub Rogue or Arc Mage as "support classes" lol).

Ragnaros has pretty complex mechanics, but the biggest issue really is the class sensitivity of the little flame adds. I'd say it's probably the hardest fight I ever progressed on, can't comment on pre-Wrath content though. But in my heart I like to think the hardest was really LK :P

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    I think they opted out of the buff iirc
    Nope. First kill was with the 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That is not what Paragon said, they said it was the hardest fight they ever did when they did their world first.

To quote them:

"We've NEVER put as much effort into a kill as we now did on downing Heroic Ragnaros."
    To be fair, HM LK had limited attempts so it wasn't possible for them to put in that much effort :P

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    1 guild on earth killed heroic LK on 25m with no buff
    2 more killed him at 5%

nothing compares to this. it's not even close.
    Actually when paragon got the WF, it was because of 2 things, the 5% buff, and the change damage boost to Starfall, at least that's what Paragon said. And yes, they did go back and do it later with no buff, but I'm not sure how relevant it would be considering they were all much better geared then. However, regardless, that fight was insane.

Still note: if anyone knows how to edit a poll, I'd love to add Sinestra, Spine, and C'thun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Still note: if anyone knows how to edit a poll, I'd love to add Sinestra, Spine, and C'thun
    I can't edit it for you, sorry. You have all of the major ones in there anyway, as well as some weird options. No idea who voted for Madness or Nefarian but they must not have actually experienced any of the other options at no-nerf settings. I was even the kiting add tank on Nef 10m (probably the hardest assignment of both Nef fights) and I still found it easier than my tanking job was on LK with 30%. That's how big of a difference there is between those 2 fights.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'thun pre nerf was the hardest encounter ever. each time you argument against this, 2 puppies will die.

lk wasn't too bad, even with the 5% buff. took a lot of guilds less than 200 pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by eide View Post
    C'thun pre nerf was the hardest encounter ever. each time you argument against this, 2 puppies will die.
    C'thun pre-nerf wasn't hard, it was bugged. I wouldn't even call it C'thun pre-nerf, I'd call it C'thun pre-fix. Eye tentacles spawned inside walls, making them unkillable, thus they could freely obliterate the raid group. Not only that, but noone was really skilled at the game back then. Just look at some videos, there are very obvious and funny mistakes. After his fix people downed him like it was as easy as squashing a fly on the wall. On Vanilla private server they've had to buff all bosses' HP and damage by 100% because people have exceeded the skill required for the bosses.

It was a combination of bugs and people being bad at the game during Vanilla.

The hardest bosses in Vanilla for when it was current content would be Razorgore, Vael or Chrommagus. Vaelastrasz mostly because it was one big burn phase, and the rotations wasn't very complex back then (FROSTBOLTFROSTBOLTFROSTBOLT), so it was really just a horrendously overtuned gearcheck.
    Razorgore was absurd, I have never seen a boss get hated so much as Razorgore on BWL release, the forums were flooded by ''NERF RAZORGORE BROKEN SHIT'' every 30 minute. Even when people had downed Nefarian Razorgore was still the biggest challenge in BWL. Flooding with adds, and people having no idea how to control him.
    Chrommagus only because of the hilarious ''Pull him to Vael's room'' theory because of the trailer. Oh yeah, and the stupid time sand farming.

Other hard bosses in Vanilla include Twins in AQ40, Viscidus as Alliance, Huhuran was a bitch too, Four Horsemen (only because you needed a raid leader that was really insane at organizing the raid), Sapphiron and Kel'thuzad.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-05-16 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That is not what Paragon said, they said it was the hardest fight they ever did when they did their world first.

To quote them:

"We've NEVER put as much effort into a kill as we now did on downing Heroic Ragnaros."
    So if one guild says that boss was the hardest, it instantly becomes a fact? Sorry but having one guild saying that doesn't make it the hardest boss ever.

Ragnaros was obviously overtuned at release, it got a lot easier to down him after the fix. Yes it was a fix, not a nerf

I'm going with Heroic Lich King with no buff, on the grounds that (IIRC) nobody beat it until the nerf came in and they could switch it off.

Yogg-Saron came close I think, but the guild that beat it did so by stacking DoT classes to beat the enrage, the week after another guild had declared it impossible.

That's not counting bugged C'thun, or Four Horsemen, the brutal 8 (fully geared) tank fight which required you destroy all the smaller guilds on your server to succeed.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pshaw, this poll is lacking "Elevator Boss", and as such, is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The hardest bosses in Vanilla for when it was current content would be Razorgore, Vael or Chrommagus. Vaelastrasz mostly because it was one big burn phase, and the rotations wasn't very complex back then (FROSTBOLTFROSTBOLTFROSTBOLT), so it was really just a horrendously overtuned gearcheck.
    Razorgore was absurd, I have never seen a boss get hated so much as Razorgore on BWL release, the forums were flooded by ''NERF RAZORGORE BROKEN SHIT'' every 30 minute. Even when people had downed Nefarian Razorgore was still the biggest challenge in BWL. Flooding with adds, and people having no idea how to control him.
    Chrommagus only because of the hilarious ''Pull him to Vael's room'' theory because of the trailer. Oh yeah, and the stupid time sand farming.

Other hard bosses in Vanilla include Twins in AQ40, Viscidus as Alliance, Huhuran was a bitch too, Four Horsemen (only because you needed a raid leader that was really insane at organizing the raid), Sapphiron and Kel'thuzad.
    Pretty much this, why aren't there any vanilla bosses on the list?

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Helsreach View Post
    Pretty much this, why aren't there any vanilla bosses on the list?
    I'd love to add them, but as yet, I don't know how, or if it's possible to edit the poll.

Deleted
    Heroic ragnaros IMO.

Deleted
    Would say HC LK 0% was hardest and that no one killed with 0% before long time after the next buffs came out. having only 1-2 guilds taking him with 5% buff. Imo raggy was hard but 25man LK was harder than Rag imo.

Would say M'uru is close behind cause that was insane pre nerf.

I hadn't done any of them while relevant content, but the top three in no particular order are Yogg 0, Rag, and LK. Maybe M'uru could be close to those three but IMO it was more badly tuned than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    1 guild on earth killed heroic LK on 25m with no buff
    2 more killed him at 5%

nothing compares to this. it's not even close.
    You're joking, right? In the "tier 1" of hardest bosses, Lich King is just barely there, simply because he'd otherwise be alone in tier 2. I'd say M'uru is the first, with Yogg-Saron being a close second. Then Ragnaros, and then looking up at the bosses without limited attempts is the Lich King. As for Madness, it's the joke of end-raid bosses. I don't want to say it's on par with Shannox on heroic, but compared to the rest of the list, it sort of is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I weep at the thought of organizing 40 people for four horsemen, fuck that shit...

10+ Year Old Account
    H LK hands down. That fight was fucking insane even with the 5% buff :O