Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    Yeah raising 1mil. to a charity, what a douche. Besides shoving off has been his role for what, since arena came?
    Charity? You mean funding managers so they can drive even bigger and more polluting cars?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I would say congrats but to be honest, who cares? it's not like he can actually prove if he is world first or not. Even if there was an achieve for such a feat it's not like anyone is going to give enough of a damn to actually look. World firsts are such a stupid concept. I could say I was the world first person to ever beat Half-Life 1 but there is no way of proving whether I did or not and in a few years even if I were to actually beat it first (I've never played the game FYI) Nobody would even remember my name, and the few that did and tried to speak to someone about it would get blank stares and the question of "So what?" thrown at them. It would be better to play the game like a normal person and enjoy it instead of rushing for a mythical world first that nobody would actually care about
    I would really like blizzard to come out and just announce who got it, perhaps not all " LOL ALL YOU PPL WHO TRIED FAILED" but rather ''This person got world first, get over it." It puts all this speculation to rest that you've brought up quite rightly in your post. The sooner the better in my opinion

Deleted
    Well, we won't know for sure until diabloprogress will be online and we'll actually see the time compared to server going up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Playing video games for fun is totally overrated. Clearly the best route is rushing through and not catching half the story, but OH EM GEE, WORLD FIRST. Laaaaaaame. I have no idea on an answer for your question.
    You know, IF he got the world first.. He can relax now, make a new character when its all over and enjoy the storyline..WITH a world first under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post
    Charity? You mean funding managers so they can drive even bigger and more polluting cars?
    Seriously? Geez, I'm out.

Deleted
    Athene might come across as a huge troll but he has proven his gaming skills time and time again on a wide range of games.
    world 1st ? NO
    EU 1st ? YES
    now lets see what he can do in inferno and hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    World first OMG!!!!!!Big deal considering half the world got a head start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroidsupercolor View Post
    You know, IF he got the world first.. He can relax now, make a new character when its all over and enjoy the storyline..WITH a world first under his belt
    You can be the worlds first person to eat a grape whilst bouncing a tennis ball and poking a cat in the face.
    It is totally an irrelevant thing, and I really struggle to see why the few people that celebrate it do. Reality check?

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    if we are playing video games and I am winning and you are losing, who is having fun? - obviously athene is having fun today, he won
    He won what?He just spoiled a game for himself that everyone been waiting for 12 years lollers.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    Yeah raising 1mil. to a charity, what a douche. Besides shoving off has been his role for what, since arena came?
    rofl i bet the charity won't even see half of that money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    You can be the worlds first person to eat a grape whilst bouncing a tennis ball and poking a cat in the face.
    It is totally an irrelevant thing, and I really struggle to see why the few people that celebrate it do. Reality check?
    It's to do with competition, obviously.

There's no competition if no one else is trying to be first.

Brain check? ERROR:NO BRAIN FOUND

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    What makes them an important part? A loud group of people thinking every game is a competition to be dominated?
    They bring rise to competitive PvE, which, whether you like it or not is on the rise and in demand. World firsts are the epitome of such pve competitions.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post
    Didn't know it was possible to be as jealous as you sound right now. GG Athene, #1 as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    rofl i bet the charity won't even see half of that money.
    I'll take that bet, how much do you have on you?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    yeeaaaa about it, all these "who cares" guys are just jealous , why do u even bother to reply here if u "dont care"

Quote Originally Posted by Stataclysm View Post
    i dont know why people dont like world firsts... Its a huge achievement. Sure he didnt stop and look at any lore, but you CAN PLAY THROUGH MORE THAN ONCE.

World firsts are exciting, and another form of competition in gaming. problem?
    Does anyone really care about world first 60 though? World first Inferno clear will be kinda interesting. World first hardcore inferno clear, that will be more interesting.
    Level 60 though? With absolutely no proof except someone going "I did it"? It's both highly suspect and largely irrelevant.
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't care about this, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't care about it. Some find these races to be exciting. If you don't care about it, that's fine. But you do not dictate what people find entertaining, so please, go back to doing whatever you enjoy instead of taking a dump on this whole thing just because it's not for you. How's that?
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

Deleted
    There is hardly anybody else trying to be first anyway, because most people of his age are mature enough to see the futility and pointless of bothering.

If he wants a sense of competition why not try something that is actually competitive, a team sport, a business job, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NerfGaming1337 View Post
    Athene might come across as a huge troll but he has proven his gaming skills time and time again on a wide range of games.
    world 1st ? NO
    EU 1st ? YES
    now lets see what he can do in inferno and hardcore
    YEAH, exploiting twice to get world first on wow, is really about skills. You made my day.

I dont see why it matters, this isnt wow.

lol, fanboys unite! People are completely out of it with this world first issues. geez, it is getting out of hand. World first 60 sitting on a wooden chair! World first hardcore 60 whilst playing with 1 hand behind my back! bla bla. why do i even bother opening the thread... oh wait, to laugh at fanboy comments, i remember now!