Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do women play arena competitively?

Hello,

I've been playing arena competitively (2k+) for a couple years now. That being said, I've literally ran into three women in total in arenas - all of which were on the same 5s team that I found in /2 and was like 1300MMR.

So, that leads me to ask - do women even play arena competitively? Maybe it's just Sargeras Alli, but I don't see em.

It'd just be nice to splice up all the raging testosterone in vent/skype -_-
    Last edited by Warwithin; 2012-05-16 at 04:52 AM.

I do with my husband! but what does it matter anyway?

Forbidden
    Why wouldnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hello,

I've been playing arena competitively (2k+) for a couple years now. That being said, I've literally ran into three women in total in arenas - all of which were on the same 5s team that I found in /2 and was like 1300MMR.

So, that leads me to ask - do women even play arena competitively? Maybe it's just Sargeras Alli, but I don't see em.
    Yes, plenty do. Certainly rarer than males.

Some in particular have been tournament level in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    Yes, plenty do. Certainly rarer than males.

Some in particular have been tournament level in the past.
    You say this like there is a non-binary gender option.

Yes, but women avoid disclosing their gender like the plague. Guys are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

I've only met/played with two females with legit (not getting carried) 2-2.2k rankings in the 5 years playing this game. One was a little 16 year old Korean girl playing a hunter, and another is a 24 year old Chinese girl playing a disc priest. Both get it in 3's consistently every season.

I do. I love it. I play on my feral druid and bm hunter, and I have been competing in the Arena Pass as well. And actually, with the Arena Pass, my team is all females.

Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    I do. I love it. I play on my feral druid and bm hunter, and I have been competing in the Arena Pass as well. And actually, with the Arena Pass, my team is all females.
    Participation awards all around!
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Some do, some are good even. They're actually fun to play with at least for me because they tend to be more easy going, calmer I guess.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

That gives a new meaning to "bitchslapped" when you girls win , keep it up. I know some of the best ones out there are girls.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    That gives a new meaning to "bitchslapped" when you girls win , keep it up. I know some of the best ones out there are girls.
    Haha, well thank you for your kind and encouraging words ^-^

I stand corrected.

I know there is a very competitive all female team that goes around tourny to tourny and would easily crush some of the 2200 guys that think they are all stars.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I stand corrected.
    Haha well I have quite a few females in my guild that like to pvp. Outside of my guild and people I personally play with, I have no clue who is male or female unless stated otherwise, and only then you can take their word for it.

As for us being calmer and the like, oh trust me, we rage. One of my female friends is probably the biggest rager I have ever met when it comes to arenas. As well as one of my guy friends is one of the most laid back person ever. When I played twos with him and whenever we lost he always said something encouraging and always has a 'no big deal' attitude about it. Just depends on the person ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    You say this like there is a non-binary gender option.
    You mean there ISN'T more than two genders? o.o;

@OP: Not sure if I smell sexism or not... Female gamers are OBVIOUSLY rarer than male gamers, so there's obviously less good female arena players than good male arena players.
    To ask a silly question though just based on gender, is silly. Gender has nothing to do with being good at arena.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they have a computer in the kitchen I don't see why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You mean there ISN'T more than two genders? o.o;

@OP: Not sure if I smell sexism or not... Female gamers are OBVIOUSLY rarer than male gamers, so there's obviously less good female arena players than good male arena players.
    To ask a silly question though just based on gender, is silly. Gender has nothing to do with being good at arena.
    He's probably looking for women he could impress with his arena rating.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Haha well I have quite a few females in my guild that like to pvp. Outside of my guild and people I personally play with, I have no clue who is male or female unless stated otherwise, and only then you can take their word for it.

As for us being calmer and the like, oh trust me, we rage. One of my female friends is probably the biggest rager I have ever met when it comes to arenas. As well as one of my guy friends is one of the most laid back person ever. When I played twos with him and whenever we lost he always said something encouraging and always has a 'no big deal' attitude about it. Just depends on the person ^-^
    Every six months or so, my "group" (if you will) loses someone and gains someone. There's been ~15 of us over the years - some fluctuating in and out, some disappear without a trace, and others leach on and just kinda stick around. We've had one female in the group who was there for about 4 months before, well, who knows.

And I suppose that's the real reason for this thread. It's natural for humans to want interaction with both genders to balance things out. Heh, I guess I should be looking elsewhere to find a bit of gender balance, eh?

Every six months or so, my "group" (if you will) loses someone and gains someone. There's been ~15 of us over the years - some fluctuating in and out, some disappear without a trace, and others leach on and just kinda stick around. We've had one female in the group who was there for about 4 months before, well, who knows.

And I suppose that's the real reason for this thread. It's natural for humans to want interaction with both genders to balance things out. Heh, I guess I should be looking elsewhere to find a bit of gender balance, eh?
    My server has quite a lot of females actually. It really could just be a server/faction thing?

Seen a lot of girls playing WoW and other online games, some are pretty good, some are better than me at raiding, others at pvp. I tend not to think too deeply about what or who the person I am fighting is, and just focus on the fight in front of me.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght