Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think people who have had a lot of partners have a statistically significant sample size? You must really not comprehend how many people arena in this game.

I agree, it's not sexist or has anything to do with being sexist. But no one who BGs or arenas has really any idea what sex the people they play against are besides very very top end, because everyone knows who they are.

I've been playing WoW since release. I don't have a girly name. I don't correct people who they say 'hey man'. I don't announce to anyone I have tits. I only talk on vent in raids/rated bgs/my arena partners. How is anyone outside of that microscopic sample(even just looking at my 1 server) going to know I'm a girl?

The point some people were trying to make is that just because their name isn't 'girlirl/princess' or they don't say they're a chick every 10 minutes does not mean they aren't. Out of the thousands and thousands of people I have 5manned/bgd with not one of them know I'm a girl. No different in arenas except the amount of women playing them seriously is a lot smaller number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very silly to see gender threads like this. Women play video games just like men do. I know several female players who all play the arena competitively as well as progress through PVE competitively. Gender does not matter for a video game.

Yes they do, I played with a friend at the time, I had no idea the gender, had assumed it to be a guy, played a HUMAN MALE! (UGH!!!) Mage in Wotlk, I was on my alt warlock asked me to do MLS to get 2.2k for his Shammy friend, (both of us 2.4k+ players, not together).

Anyway long story short, I'm know on my teams as a very very vocal and out going caller of things happening, this girl... was on top of her game, called things way faster than I could, she raged hard too (not about games but current mechs @ the time, even if we won a game and it was in our favor, like warrior had reflect up against us and she hit deep was like WOW SHOULD BE DEEPED NOW GOTTA LOVE THIS GAME BLIZZARD!!! I lol'd)

Women play arena competitively.

There are just less women than men.

But that is because there are less women playing WoW than men.

Deleted
    Woman are not so diffrent to men as you seem to think...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I've been playing WoW since release. I don't have a girly name. I don't correct people who they say 'hey man'. I don't announce to anyone I have tits. I only talk on vent in raids/rated bgs/my arena partners. How is anyone outside of that microscopic sample(even just looking at my 1 server) going to know I'm a girl?
    That's funny because in WotLK, I totally had a hunter with a super girly name, announced to everyone I had tits, and used a custom photoshop macro (and EXIF editing) to fuck up pictures I'd pull off of SuicideGirls (as well as photoshopping in bulges, wrinkles and a little cellulite where needed) and a pitch/tone correction to sound like a girl all to get free raid/pvp spots and gear.

I'll probably try again in MoP and add a Facebook profile. I've already got a bunch of sockpuppets so it won't look weird the way it would if she had no friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    That's funny because in WotLK, I totally had a hunter with a super girly name, announced to everyone I had tits, and used a custom photoshop macro (and EXIF editing) to fuck up pictures I'd pull off of SuicideGirls (as well as photoshopping in bulges, wrinkles and a little cellulite where needed) and a pitch/tone correction to sound like a girl all to get free raid/pvp spots and gear.

I'll probably try again in MoP and add a Facebook profile. I've already got a bunch of sockpuppets so it won't look weird the way it would if she had no friends.

That is pretty much how you get into any form of competitive PvP as a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hello,

I've been playing arena competitively (2k+) for a couple years now. That being said, I've literally ran into three women in total in arenas - all of which were on the same 5s team that I found in /2 and was like 1300MMR.

So, that leads me to ask - do women even play arena competitively? Maybe it's just Sargeras Alli, but I don't see em.

It'd just be nice to splice up all the raging testosterone in vent/skype -_-
    A lot of them don't like gaming, that's why you don't see as many.

I knew a woman who had a Druid back in Wrath and went 2200+.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    I knew a woman who had a Druid back in Wrath and went 2200+.

2200 hasn't been "competitive" since BC. Jus' sayin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    A lot of them don't like gaming, that's why you don't see as many.
    Wow, nice stereotype there

Deleted
    Hmm, I never really play arena. I do have a RBG rating of 2600 though. Female gamer playing WoW for 7 years.

Women are no different than men though. What someone likes or not is a personal thing, not a gender thing. I have over 14000 achievement points, i love collecting mounts and pets and i love raiding.

The only thing I hate are stereotypes (and men with too much testosterone).
    Last edited by mmoc44227b9210; 2012-05-19 at 03:49 PM.

You think people who have had a lot of partners have a statistically significant sample size? You must really not comprehend how many people arena in this game.
    It doesn't matter how many there are, what matters is how repeatable the population is. And actually people who would consider themselves 'competitive' (see subject title) arena players (again, I believe in the top few %) are going to be in the few % of the few % of players who actually play arena, that's what, 10000 people?

My arena Skype account has somewhere around 300 people in it, all individual arena partners for whom I knew the gender of when I played with them. I consider that a decent sample size from which to start making conclusions at least about the servers I have played on. I would argue that the distribution would be at least similar across all servers of a particular region.

I agree, it's not sexist or has anything to do with being sexist. But no one who BGs or arenas has really any idea what sex the people they play against are besides very very top end, because everyone knows who they are.
    Even below the tipety top end people start to know who other people are, especially on the PVP centric servers like tich, KT, etc.
    Last edited by Nereth; 2012-05-19 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    I do. I love it. I play on my feral druid and bm hunter, and I have been competing in the Arena Pass as well. And actually, with the Arena Pass, my team is all females.
    WoW! o.O You might be the only female team in the world

-----

And I do understand the OP. I have been "missing" females as well. In the last years I have ran into 2 decent female players, one of them was pretty much carried, while the 2nd was a gladiator but from BC. Unfortunately, she doesn't play like a glad anymore but does behave like one -.-

I'd really like to play more arena with girls, not to hit on them, but to have a change from all the tesosterone as OP said. It would be a really cool and welcome change

Come out of the closet, female PvPers! B-)

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    That gives a new meaning to "bitchslapped" when you girls win , keep it up. I know some of the best ones out there are girls.
    Did you just say women were bitches? I don't think its meant to be rude since you are encouraging women to play but might want to be a bit more careful.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post

Wow what the heck. You might be amusing yourself but that isn't helping legit women that want to be taken seriously but if thats what you have to do to get into raids then I'm sorry.

Deleted
    there's a multi-glad girl who does guide videos on one of the sites like Skill Capped or something. I forget her name.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2012-05-20 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzabella View Post
    Wow what the heck. You might be amusing yourself but that isn't helping legit women that want to be taken seriously but if thats what you have to do to get into raids then I'm sorry.
    Not my fault it works. Why go through all the effort to be good when you can coast by on someone else's tits? As long as I'm not in the bottom 25% of DPS, no one will give a shit. I get gear, they get wish fulfillment.

Win/win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    2200 hasn't been "competitive" since BC. Jus' sayin.
    2200 now on most bg's is top 50 so that's pretty competitive
    this game sucks

I know on Gorefiend Horde back in TBC, there was a girl playing a druid that was Rank 1 for quite some time on the Battlegroup, so I'd say there are probably a few, maybe even a lot.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M