Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Yeah, the Action House combined with the non-binding of items does kill a lot of the long-term enjoyment.

I'm really beginning to feel that Blizzard didn't really think it through or purposefully designed Diablo III in such a way so as to have a much shorter life-span.
    I disagree on two grounds:

We're still in the launch window and a ton of people are still on Normal. So early rares are going to be flooded. Not endgame equipment/lenedaries. The market is hardly settled.

Twinking was commonplace in D2. It was a means to get to the highest difficulty and end game. But at least in D3 you shouldn't see people twinking with duped items like in D2.

I don't see how it kills long-term enjoyment - considering you don't have to AH to begin with, and secondly, it's way too early for the end-game settling/progressing movements to really kick in where people are pushing the high end. Half the point of Diablo was the gear farming - you worked your ass off to get lucky/etc. and have the best. Also, we're not even at a point of having the PVP aspect in. (Which I could live without, honestly.) Life goes on, people do what they want. The AH is there for capitalizing on good finds you'll never use, a little extra, and a convenience for those who don't want to bother farming/having ill luck and a lot of gold.

This isn't WoW or an MMO otherwise. This is a game with a very different set of rules and play. Diablo's main shine is progressing into harder modes and beating those for the challenge, and making characters as powerful as you can possibly make them. (Which is MMO-like in some ways with heroic level raiding in WoW, except you're not relying on others nearly as much.)