Poll: Which group would win?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

JLA vs The Avengers

I made a thread awhile ago about who would win in a fight between these two groups. The fight was open to every member of each group which made it messy. With The Avengers movie breaking records and all that, I would like to ask you, who would win in a team fight. The JLA or The Avengers? For the sake of this argument, I will list a limited amount of members of each group and pit them against each other individually and then as a whole.

Superman vs The Hulk

The Batman vs The Black Panther

The Green lantern vs Iron Man

Wonder Woman vs Thor

The Flash vs Capt America

Hawkgirl vs The Black Widow

The Martian Manhunter vs Doctor Strange

Now I deliberately left out Aquaman and Hawkeye for obvious reasons (they are lame).

EDIT: At the request of some posters, I am giving the fight a setting: They are on an uninhabited Earth-like Planet. There are no civilians to worry about. As far as when this happens, let's just use the current iteration of the super heroes. Anyone who has any knowledge of Superman's early comics would know that he his power was limitless (limitless intelligence, strength, speed, durability, etc etc) and there kryptonite had not yet been introduced. Obviously too overpowered and boring. Also, there is no "time" to plan anything in advance. This would be a test of super powers and resourcefulness on the spot.

Second Edit: If you are unsure of any of the members abilities and powers please do a quick research before posting. If I see another post saying The Black widow would beat Hawkgirl in a fight I will punch a baby.
    Last edited by Synnie; 2012-05-16 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    DC is so much more powerful, Superman and Batman on the same team makes them pretty much untouchable.

Superman, don´t even need to look anywhere else. Too op, don´t know why he even became so popular... Don´t like him personally, way too op.

Deleted
    batman can take out any superhero alone. Any superhero because hes batman.

Deleted
    superman is what makes them pretty much untouchable
    simply because hulk > batman anyday

What's JLA again? Also from what ive read DC Universe heroes are "bad" for movies as they are too powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC Universe is much more powerful and this is a known fact by the comic book nerds. I can predict it will be lots of back-and-forth banter but in the end JLA getting more votes. Also you should specify which iteration of each hero for easier judgement.

Hal Jordan destroyed and then remade the DC Universe. Superman is for the most part un-killable. Flash can actually time travel/phase through matter.

Hulk could probably take out the entire JLA single handed,the madder he gets, the stronger he becomes,there really isn't a limit to his power.

Never cared for DC comics outside of Batman. All of the heroes are way too powerful, yet never seem to do anything.

Anyone with superman wins, cause hes obnoxiously OP.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    batman can take out any superhero alone. Any superhero because hes batman.
    hulk... nuff said.... bane only broke bats back, but hulk squishs him to a small batball!

superman is the strongest tho... so i guess... he would alone kill all, if theres no kryptonite around ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jedah420 View Post
    Hulk could probably take out the entire JLA single handed,the madder he gets, the stronger he becomes,there really isn't a limit to his power.
    i am not sure if there is even 1 % truth in this statement ;[
    id like to see him beating superman

Deleted
    Without Kryptonite Superman would dominate him, throw him out of our galaxy perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet he can't breathe underwater. Superman would simply make him pass out from lack of oxygen before he got stronger not that it would matter seeing that he would have to get fairly angry to match Superman.

In the Marvel universe theres a alot of people that use magic and magic can kill superman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flowa View Post
    superman is what makes them pretty much untouchable
    simply because hulk > batman anyday
    Batman is the worlds greatest detective, if anyone can figure out a method for stopping the hulk it's him. Batman has gadgets to defeat all members of the JLA incase they go rogue, including superman.

Deleted
    batman can take out hulk not 1 on 1 because that would be stupid but he would take him out

Deleted
    still that "power" makes DC boring as hell... only interessting hero is batman... who does only have gadgets :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnie View Post
    I made a thread awhile ago about who would win in a fight between these two groups. The fight was open to every member of each group which made it messy. With The Avengers movie breaking records and all that, I would like to ask you, who would win in a team fight. The JLA or The Avengers? For the sake of this argument, I will list a limited amount of members of each group and pit them against each other individually and then as a whole.

Superman vs The Hulk
    Hulk wins.

The Batman vs The Black Panther
    Batman wins

The Green lantern vs Iron Man
    Green Lantern wins, which is lame because Iron Man is cooler

Wonder Woman vs Thor
    Thor wins, hands down

The Flash vs Capt America
    Cap wins, mostly because he's smarter

Hawkgirl vs The Black Widow
    I'm kinda "meh" here, but I'll go with Black Widow

The Martian Manhunter vs Doctor Strange
    Doctor Strange wins easily

Total:
    JLA - 2
    Avengers - 5

Avengers win
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devestion View Post
    In the Marvel universe theres a alot of people that use magic and magic can kill superman
    We are not arguing about the marvel universe, This is the JLA VS The Avengers.