Poll: Should IP pricing on Champions be reduced?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only pissed because way way back in the day they changed the way ip was distributed and they made accumulation of it take much longer. I can't remember the exact difference but it was once higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I have to say I would love prices to be reduced because it means aquiring champions is easier. But Ii do not believe it is necessary for people who play LoL a lot.
    If you get your win of the day everyday just from 1 AI game it's about 30-50 IP per AI game depending on how long it lasts + your 150 from Win of the Day.
    180-200 IP a day at least means you can easily get around 6,000 IP a month. And assuming most people will sit down and get a few games in after that. 3 PvP losses depending on length of the match but usually with losses you get around 50ip so for players who have time to get multiple games in a day you can easily get 350 ip a day
    so with that in 20 days you can pick up the newly released champions. And even if you can't play everyday, not every champion is for every player. So not every champion needs to be reduced. And i believe the 6,300 IP price on new champions is fair. But then again this really only applies towards players who can get multiple or at least 1 game in a day.

I do find 6.3k a bit steep but I do understand why because Riot needs income from RP. I do wish some of the 6.3k champs were reduced though

I just wish they would reduce rune costs or make those purchasable with RP lol.
    Some bundles with like all physichal runes for 2k RP or something, I'd certainly buy stuff like that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely YES. Buying a champion that costs 6.3k IP takes way too long. And there are so many champions that deserve mine and other people's attention, which are out of our reach, just because of the cost.

maybe, but def rebalanced. there are champs that cost 975 rp and 3150 ip. theyre not going to be bought before champs that cost way more ip but the same rp or the champs that just cost less rp and ip. mordekaiser is a good example, which sucks since i have to wait for a sale to get him. just my 2cents anyway
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

You guys can't figure out why they need to keep prices high in a F2P game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalis91 View Post
    Since this game if F2P it is pretty obvious why are the prices relatively high.
    Since 99% of the community already bought over €50 RP your argument is invalid, if the game would in be in the store, we actually bought it, and I'm sure more than 70% already bought more then €200 RP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groblje View Post
    Definitely YES. Buying a champion that costs 6.3k IP takes way too long. And there are so many champions that deserve mine and other people's attention, which are out of our reach, just because of the cost.
    Because making everything available so easily for everyone would be profitable, right?

TL'DR: Champ prices are fine, runes/runepages need to be made cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Since 99% of the community already bought over €50 RP your argument is invalid, if the game would in be in the store, we actually bought it, and I'm sure more than 70% already bought more then €200 RP
    Imho your guesses are off the mark by a very long shot.
    I'm playing with a group of just about 15 to 20 players regularily and only one of them might have hit the 200€, while most of them have spend no money at all, or just enough for a runepage bundle, myself being amongst them.
    And I'm not talking "just started" players here, nearly everyone of them has more than 1000 games played, with some being over the 2k mark as well.

Now on to the main point of this thread.

The champion prices may seem high, but as someone metioned before earning about 300 IP per day is far from difficult.
    Considering champs are released on a two-week schedule normally this puts you at -2100 IP if you want to buy every champion.
    But lets be realistic, "owning every champion" should NOT be a reachable goal for someone who invests about 1.5-2 hours maximum per day and if you play just a tad more 500 IP per day are a realistic figure.
    And guess what, that would enable you to buy every champ on release with some spare IP to spend on other things.
    While this little bit of spare IP means you would spend a really long time amassing enough IP to buy everything released by now the main point still stands:
    You are able to achieve it just by playing the game for fun and without investing money, while Riot actually DOES invest money in the server infrastruture.

Anyways, older champs are getting their prices reduced, so keeping the new ones at 6300 is actually fine with me, I don't grudge Riot the fact that they are making money with people buying champs and not only skins.

Peryonally I'm more concerned with the prices of runes/runpages.
    People hitting 30 who want to start playing ranked are able to get a decent roster of champs for about 20k IP, since there are alot of viable champs at 450 and 1350 IP.
    But getting the runes and runepages to play these champs with 90%+ efficiency wont be able without spending about 40k IP.
    Thats by far the bigger problem in my eyes.

G'day everyone who cared to read through all of this,
    Moradin

Deleted
    They are just forcing us to play more and more and/or donate -_-'