Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Ha, the imaginary poor man that doesn't have an internet connection joins the forums.
    Its very possible to have a computer, and not the internet. I have a couple of friends that just want nothing to do with it, but have a computer because they play games on it.

I know. It is very shocking. Diablo started as a single player game. There is no reason why they couldnt allow an offline option for people that do not want a part in the online community.

I purchased Starcraft 2, not because of the multiplayer, but because I enjoy RTS games against a computer. Starcraft has an offline option. You get zero achievements. But you can at least play the game, and enjoy the story.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2012-05-17 at 12:16 AM.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    The only reason diablo 3 doesn't have offline play is because they couldn't be arsed with it. The quality of blizzard games is dropping hard.

Real money auction house where blizzard gets a cut of every deal? Since when did people decide that buy to win is a valid cash shop method.

So glad i didn't buy diablo 3, now i can buy torchlight 2.
    I am glad you didn't buy Diablo 3 too. So I KNOW you'll play the surrogate games you are used to.

In fact I think that is the right and only correct attitude: if you don't like the Bizzard standard of games, there is a lot of trash out there that will be better suited.

But the question remains what ARE you even doing in our Club seats ?

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    Its very possible to have a computer, and not the internet. I have a couple of friends that just want nothing to do with it, but have a computer because they play games on it.

I know. It is very shocking.
    Don't forget those people who want to play on their laptop in a storm or more importantly when the servers go down.
    This will give them something to do while they wait for their online guys.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-05-17 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    One of the reasons there is no offline play is as said before to stop pirating, If there is no offline play you won't have what you need to pirate the game. Without emulating the blizzard servers wich is next to impossible without hacking into blizzards database.

And comparing diabl 3 to starcraft is not really an valid option because of the way the game is build. Since the main focus of diablo games is the loot, blizzard prevents people from duplicating items by keeping the data on the servers.

I can see where you friend is coming from but im actually glad they made it work the way they did.

The only reason diablo 3 doesn't have offline play is because they couldn't be arsed with it. The quality of blizzard games is dropping hard.

Real money auction house where blizzard gets a cut of every deal? Since when did people decide that buy to win is a valid cash shop method.

So glad i didn't buy diablo 3, now i can buy torchlight 2.
    pfft somebody watched the new TotalBiscuit mailbox..

FYI every "gameplay" fact that guy stated is completely wrong, Combat and Character progression are VASTLY superior in Diablo.

and calling the rune system linear progression? when the only comparison he made was No rune Magic Missile to the first rune that's increases damage.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturehaze View Post
    One of the reasons there is no offline play is as said before to stop pirating, If there is no offline play you won't have what you need to pirate the game. Without emulating the blizzard servers wich is next to impossible without hacking into blizzards database.

And comparing diabl 3 to starcraft is not really an valid option because of the way the game is build. Since the main focus of diablo games is the loot, blizzard prevents people from duplicating items by keeping the data on the servers.

I can see where you friend is coming from but im actually glad they made it work the way they did.
    Make separate items for offline mode or remove some rare items from the offline story mode?
    Who would want to pirate then? Don't forget to take fan and critic response into consideration when taking this risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Don't forget those people who want to play on their laptop in a storm or more importantly when the servers go down.
    This will give them something to do while they wait for their online guys.
    There's already something you can do when the servers go down, and it's called enabling WorldPlay and setting your region to Europe or Asia. It's what I was doing all day yesterday while everyone was complaining about the servers being down. Got to check out a barbarian for fun.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post

FYI every "gameplay" fact that guy stated is completely wrong, Combat and Character progression are VASTLY superior in Diablo.

and calling the rune system linear progression? when the only comparison he made was No rune Magic Missile to the first rune that's increases damage.
    I'm actually using that video as a basis for a feature like this existing somewhat. While he is being way to critical I see the idea of an online mode as somewhat essential for certain people and time-frames. Especially for the servers going down.

And what your saying about combat is totally subjective and only an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Ha, the imaginary poor man that doesn't have an internet connection joins the forums.

And that poor chap played Diablo 2 on what exactly ... His thumb ?

Nope he got a PC and that PC is connected in 99.9 % of the cases to the internet in - like all PC's these days.

But who knows that poor man doesn't have electricity either and perhaps he is living on the street too.

Sorry, but Diablo 3 is published for people who have internet.

And if you don't have that or can't afford it, I think playing a game is not your highest priority...

And for those on the move: every decent hotel has internet and I am not interested in those "hotels" without that fascility.
    Are you an idiot? I say my cousin doesn't have internet because of where he lives and I never said I didn't have internet FYI. And he's automatically an "imaginary poor man"? There are still plenty of small towns out there that only have internet access inside the town and none outside of town. If any access is available it is dial up which is the only thing available to him and games are quite unplayable on Dial up trust me as a person who played WoW for 3 years on dial up it's very very VERY frustrating and pretty much not worth it. Blizzard is only hurting themselves by not having an offline mode. That is pure loss of money. Verizon considers location like where I used to live *same place cousin lives* as a high risk area with lack of customers. So they don't even run the proper lines to make high speed accessible. True there is satellite internet but let's not kid ourselves... I'd rather be Amish than have satellite internet.

I'm actually using that video as a basis for a feature like this existing somewhat. While he is being way to critical I see the idea of an online mode as somewhat essential for certain people and time-frames. Especially for the servers going down.

And what your saying about combat is totally subjective and only an opinion.
    hey i don't like the DRM more than you do. But from a companies perspective, what is the alternative?

goes back to Pirate/hack infested/Item Duping mess ?

oh and combat is hardly a subjective matter, it's not art or w/e.

TB also said that SWTOR's combat is tighter and more responsive than WoW's ... yeah, the man is just a blind hater with ZERO objectivity and moronic cult following that can't formulate an opinion.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post

I have watched it, and i had made my opinion on the matter a long time ago. Several years ago even. Buying power is simply not acceptable in my eyes.

The game is fine the way i see it. Sure, there should be an offline version and it wouldn't hurt them one bit.
    I just decided not to get it because i chose not to promote online-only DRM.

Diablo 3 falls with the weirdass korean game studios for me. I wish it hadn't, but oh well.
    Last edited by mmoc074ed24c04; 2012-05-17 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    Maybe all items created in such offline single-player experience could be Bound and Untradeable? ^^
    Until offline things can't go online, there aren't any possible security problem; is quite silly to define the online-only play a security feature, is a DRM.

I'm enjoying the game quite abit this was just an idea. Who knows if it'll be possible or not in the future.

I have watched it, and i had made my opinion on the matter a long time ago. Several years ago even. Buying power is simply not acceptable in my eyes.

The game is fine the way i see it. Sure, there should be an offline version and it wouldn't hurt them one bit.
    I just decided not to get it because i chose not to promote online-only DRM.

Diablo 3 falls with the weirdass korean game studios for me. I wish it hadn't, but oh well.
    you know "buying power" was a big part of why they made the RMAH ?

so many people were buying items from farmers and shady websites in D2.

Say a certain player is willing to spend some money to get an item,

In D2, he would go to some random chinese farmers website and pay X for it.. boom... buying power

in D3, he would go to the RMAH and spend money that goes to another player (with blizzard taking a minor cut)

you say buying power is not acceptable in your eyes yet you refuse to see that it happens in every pc game with trading enabled... wake up.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying the game quite abit this was just an idea. Who knows if it'll be possible or not in the future.
    Well you can always hope
    Would be quite nice with offline mode. But i would not count on it before an eventual offline mode.

And it was not a bad idea with other items for singleplayer but it would be kinda wierd since the game is based around affixes on the gear you pick up.

Honestly, i believe DRM is probally doing more harm than good. In another thread i saw, someone made the point where pirates usually aren't customers. DRM is never liked, *cough* Origin *cough*

Sometimes, internet dies, ISPs fail, or power even goes out (assuming laptop). I want to pay the single player game i payed for.

P.S: Witcher 2 probally sold more because it had no DRM or very little, that was quickly patched out.

P.S.S: I'll give it a week before diablo 3's DRM is defeated, DRM is always beatable, i think the longest i've ever seen is 2-3 weeks.