Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Torchlight 1&2 whats your thoughs about them.

Hi all i was just wanting to see what everyone thinks about Torchlight. it is made by a few people that made diablo 2 and me personally i think they did a good job. Now i know Torchlight 1 is a lot like diablo but if u think about it a lot of Dungeon crawler games are so looking past that what do you guys think.
    also to add for a low system req game i think it looks awesome. i cant wait for number 2 cause it will have online and it is offical *at lease in T2's FAQ that u can use ur offline toon online* it was posted number 1 didn't have online cause of the time they had and the small group that was on it. right now on the official site Torchlight 1 is 15$ US. *480mb install as well* Also i think the pet system is cool as hell.

*Please No Bashing Of Any Game Try To be Civil/Mature*
    Edit: The long loading screen's is cause of my comps old hardware
    Offical site : http://www.torchlightgame.com/

Here is a video i made of me playing it for those who have not seen gameplay of torchlight.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-05-17 at 02:01 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"that u can use ur offline toon online"

So many people are going to hack it. Do not want.

If it's really like diablo i might give it a whack this d3 always down is pissin me off

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    If it's really like diablo i might give it a whack this d3 always down is pissin me off
    it is really like diablo i think u mite like it im enjoying it so is a friend of mine also there is a 2hr demo u can play from the official site ill update the post so people can see the link.

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 01:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post

maybe maybenot D3 will have bots/cheaters and all at some point like all online games do wow/runescape/dcu/rift each game has someone cheating you can always try to stop the cheaters but like i say if man can make it man can break it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-05-17 at 02:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post

And alternatively, you can actually play the single player mode of the game whenever you want without your access/playtime being subject to the stress on servers from other players. Sorry but there's always going to be hacking whatever's done; what I find interesting however is that people are very keen to back Blizzard on anti-hacking, but not so keen on doing the same with the movies/music that they have likely pinched from the internet over these many pasts years. Standards are always a fine thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    And alternatively, you can actually play the single player mode of the game whenever you want without your access/playtime being subject to the stress on servers from other players. Sorry but there's always going to be hacking whatever's done; what I find interesting however is that people are very keen to back Blizzard on anti-hacking, but not so keen on doing the same with the movies/music that they have likely pinched from the internet over these many pasts years. Standards are always a fine thing.
    people normally stand on the side that has the most amount of people it seems it sucks but it happens.
    i agree with you 100%.

Torchlight was fun at first, but it ended up being far too focused on the passives to be effective as I progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    Torchlight was fun at first, but it ended up being far too focused on the passives to be effective as I progressed.
    i haven't notice that yet myself then again i have only played what u see in the video. im taking my time not trying to rush it or anything just something to do on the side.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    this really, I had a blast from the start then it slowly just got slower and worse to play the more I played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Torchlight 1 suffered from some broken supporting systems but the gameplay was excellent & aesthetic were superb.

Torchlight 2 looks fantastic.

One other thing i like about it is its bright color style.

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Torchlight 1 suffered from some broken supporting systems but the gameplay was excellent & aesthetic were superb.

Torchlight 2 looks fantastic.
    ya i can't wait to check out TL2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing TL 1 about a week or so ago and i love it, like Fencers said the game play and aesthetics are amazing indeed, and TL 2 looks to improve it greatly. TL 1 i give an 8/10(so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    I just started playing TL 1 about a week or so ago and i love it, like Fencers said the game play and aesthetics are amazing indeed, and TL 2 looks to improve it greatly. TL 1 i give an 8/10(so far)
    i could not agree more so far me and a friend of mine is enjoying it here in a few im going to make a Vanquisher.

I loved TL 1, can't wait to play TL 2! Wish I was in the beta! :< Oh well back to Diablo lol

TL 1 was amazing, looking forward to TL2.

I enjoyed Torchlight. Haven't finished it, but bought it way back when to have a fun single player game hanging around in case for whatever reason I had no internet connection and nothing else to do.

Buying Torchlight 2 however I'm really undecided on. Not because I don't think it'll be enjoyable, but because that involves giving Perfect World Entertainment money, and quite frankly fuck them.

So we'll see.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I really enjoyed Torchlight 1. I am looking forward to trying Torchlight 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    I enjoyed Torchlight. Haven't finished it, but bought it way back when to have a fun single player game hanging around in case for whatever reason I had no internet connection and nothing else to do.

Buying Torchlight 2 however I'm really undecided on. Not because I don't think it'll be enjoyable, but because that involves giving Perfect World Entertainment money, and quite frankly fuck them.

So we'll see.
    well look at it this way Runic games will get some of that money 2 so if they helps on your choice. im not a sure big fan of PW myself it isn't that i hate them but i don't care for them eather im in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    maybe maybenot D3 will have bots/cheaters and all at some point like all online games do wow/runescape/dcu/rift each game has someone cheating you can always try to stop the cheaters but like i say if man can make it man can break it.
    The scale of cheating in those games was absolutely nothing compared to the cheating in Diablo 1, and to a lesser extent Diablo 2. MMOs have their data hosted server side so they are much much harder to hack/dupe/cheat/etc. If a game can be played in full offline mode it has to store all its data client side, ie on your computer where you can haxxor the hell out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved TL1, but in some parts it just seemed too easy. Although, my old computer back then kept crashing the game every 20 mins or so. Never got to beat the last boss.
    Pros and cons for me:
    Pros:
    - Artstyle was fun
    - Combat (esspecially the ranged class) was awesome
    Cons:
    - Re-using of map design (I know it's the same as D3, but D3 I can hardly tell) got a bit annoying (especially in the floors before the giant rock boss with all the pygmy tribes).
    - The Blood Castle or whatever it was reminded me too much of Kingdom Hearts :\
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.