happy constitution day norway

gratulerer med dagen alle !

takker samme til deg

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! GG Norway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

10+ Year Old Account

Happy Birthday Norway! :)

It's the 17th of May, which means the indipendance day for Norway! I hope everyone has a good time, meeting loads of friends and family! Enjoy it guys and girls!

Upcoming Norn Thief

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys do to celebrate? Parades, alcohol, fireworks?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    What do you guys do to celebrate? Parades, alcohol, fireworks?
    Yeah, we have parades and stuff. It starts with everyone gathering up before they walk around town yelling 'Hurray!', waving their flags and playing trumpets. The parades are divided into several groups; football teams, schools, kindergardens, and so on. The police are also a part of it, but just for show, and we have corps playing classical norwegian melodies too. A big part of the celebration is the 'russ', those who graduate from high school. They buy vans, style them up, and drives around being gangsta. They are usually the second last part of the parade. The very last one is a group of people driving old school cars. You know, american sports cars from the 50's and the like. Not sure if the car thing is something everyone does, but it's usual in my hometown.

When the parade arrives at the final point, they gather up and listen to the mayor's speech. After that, some lucky kids get to read their poems out loud in front of the whole city, and this is followed by the corps' music and some locals performing different kinds of shows.

When that's done, people go and do whatever they want. Have family dinners, participate in school's parties (usually with several activities for kids, though some for grown ups too lol), or just go around talking to friends and stuff.

But sadly no alcohol or fireworks. :/
    Last edited by Livic; 2012-05-17 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    YAY FOR NORWAY!

not sure what you're celebrating, but have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    YAY FOR NORWAY!

Celebrating that Norway got its own constitution in 1814.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Norway! Definitely one of my favorite countries out there!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Livic View Post
    Yeah, we have parades and stuff. It starts with everyone gathering up before they walk around town yelling 'Hurray!', waving their flags and playing trumpets. The parades are divided into several groups; football teams, schools, kindergardens, and so on. The police are also a part of it, but just for show, and we have corps playing classical norwegian melodies too. A big part of the celebration is the 'russ', those who graduate from high school. They buy vans, style them up, and drives around being gangsta. They are usually the second last part of the parade. The very last one is a group of people driving old school cars. You know, american sports cars from the 50's and the like. Not sure if the car thing is something everyone does, but it's usual in my hometown.

When the parade arrives at the final point, they gather up and listen to the mayor's speech. After that, some lucky kids get to read their poems out loud in front of the whole city, and this is followed by the corps' music and some locals performing different kinds of shows.

When that's done, people go and do whatever they want. Have family dinners, participate in school's parties (usually with several activities for kids, though some for grown ups too lol), or just go around talking to friends and stuff.

But sadly no alcohol or fireworks. :/

no fireworks? thats no fun =(
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    It makes no sense to have the 16th as the inofficial drinking day of the year. Why do they have parades here with most young people hung over?
    Probably so the aforementioned young people are in a zombie-like state as they lie incapacitated in their beds, therefore letting the more sober festivities run more smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    YAY FOR NORWAY!

Its their National Day - only countries who lack one is the UK and Denmark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The UK get Guy Fawkes day.

Happy Constitution Day Norway!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Constitution Day Norway!

GL HF DD!

Deleted
    And when is the stamina, strength or intelligence day?

Well, happy constitution day Norway in any case!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Whatever, most of us have a day off today and maybe tomorrow anyways

Deleted

Don't drink yourself to death, happy happy national day to you, you little hobbits!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...