10+ Year Old Account

Your Weapon Of Choice?

So im playing a demon hunter, and throughout normal and act 1 NM i'v been dual wielding crossbows.
    My question is, is there any difference in damage between 2handed weps and 1handed weps?
    The entire time iv been with a pair of hand bows and wrecking face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    So im playing a demon hunter, and throughout normal and act 1 NM i'v been dual wielding crossbows.
    My question is, is there any difference in damage between 2handed weps and 1handed weps?
    Know nothing about demon hunters
    But since your not a meele char, rule of thumb of rpg games is that you should go for 2 handers for your close quarter abilities that need to hit hard with big numbers, emergencies and stuff

Btw have a nice blue low lvl crossbow to sell if your interested

ive been using a special weapon that does +1000 damage to trolls

Deleted
    If stats are based purely on Normalised weapon damage, any weapon.

If they are not based on normalised weapon damage, always use a two handed weapon unless you need the shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use whatever combination gives you the most damage. That means 2 1H, or 1 2H, or 1 1H + quiver. Swap them out and see

two one handers is useless, as you only get the damage from one of the bows. I use a 1 hander and a quiver, mainly for fast attack speed and the stats on the quiver.

Even with 2 1hers, you still only attack with one at a time and rotate between the two, so its not really a great damage boost aside from stats.

You would be better off with a quiver for the attack speed. I personally ran with a 2h bow and quiver.

I prefer crossbows personally but the bow I have was the highest dmg and best stats I could get my hands on at the time.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuni View Post
    two one handers is useless, as you only get the damage from one of the bows. I use a 1 hander and a quiver, mainly for fast attack speed and the stats on the quiver.
    No, they are both factored in. You fire with one at a time, if you have one weapon with 90 DPS and you equip another with 20 DPS you can watch your overall damage drop because the offhand will do tiny damage compared to if you just fired the mainhand over and over.

Dual wielding nets a speed boost, however, how much I'm not sure specifically.
    Crossbows have a high minimum damage and are more steady.
    Bows have a tiny minimum but a higher maximum.
    Hand crossbows are extremely fast.

Also note the passive Archery that gives damage bonuses based on weapon type.

Dual wield for DH is useless. Also you have one passive skill, that gives you some boost depending what you have equipped and having bow which gives you 15% bonus damage compare to more % crit and increased crit damage for equipping crossbows any sort is just far more superior. Blizz will probably fix that in some next days.

P.S.: Ah yes, now I remember Archery is as someone above me wrote. Read it and study it. 15% bonus damage >> more crit chance or increased crit damage.

Crit affects other abilities, such as night stalker, don't be so quick to dismiss it as a stat.

Crit damage from crossbows is incomparable, though, I agree. I'm using buriza and I tossed archery altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Crit affects other abilities, such as night stalker, don't be so quick to dismiss it as a stat.

Crit damage from crossbows is incomparable, though, I agree. I'm using buriza and I tossed archery altogether.
    Why I would use Night Stalker if I have Preparation skill that can heal me for 60% HP and give me back ALL discipline?
    I would agree if I would have more than 50% crit chance, but currently having only 5% and with that crap item itemization I doubt I will ever get over 20%. It's blizz fail that they put out so much crap gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Why I would use Night Stalker if I have Preparation skill that can heal me for 60% HP and give me back ALL discipline?
    I would agree if I would have more than 50% crit chance, but currently having only 5% and with that crap item itemization I doubt I will ever get over 20%. It's blizz fail that they put out so much crap gear.
    Because...night stalker is awesome? At level 50 I spend pretty much 100% of my time spamming smoke screen. If I'm out of discipline I'm running away, night stalker helps prevent this a little. I agree with the base 5% crit it's not that useful, but get it to even 20% (10% from hand crossbows), use rapid fire, watch discipline meter fill up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Because...night stalker is awesome? At level 50 I spend pretty much 100% of my time spamming smoke screen. If I'm out of discipline I'm running away, night stalker helps prevent this a little. I agree with the base 5% crit it's not that useful, but get it to even 20% (10% from hand crossbows), use rapid fire, watch discipline meter fill up.
    Why using invisibility, why not just nuke the sh*t out of mobs before they get to you, and if they get to you you can use vault or evasive fire to get distance and pew pew more... I found this build cookie cutter for act 3 http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dfV!bYe!YabbYb

When bosses can hit you for 90% of your health in one shot smoke screen becomes pretty mandatory.