Thread: sharing gear

Deleted

sharing gear

is it possible to effectively DPS/heal with thesame gear in 5man Hc and DS lfr? ( balance and resto share like 95% of the stats ).

thanks in advance! =)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat. Typically healers would want more spirit than what you would be wearing to reach the balance hit cap. So if you wore the exact same gear, you'd either be lowwww on regen or retardedly over hit cap. I would suggest getting a few pieces to swap out at your leisure so that you can work on the spirit issue. A resto friend of mine goes boomkin with me sometimes and I think once he was well over 25% hit, meaning he was missing 8% worth of other useful secondary stats.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Deleted
    In 5mans and LFR, it's completely fine, just make sure you have the spirit for 17% hit in Balance.

Once you get into DS normals and above, you want to start looking at your secondary stats a little more, requiring 916 or ideally 2005 haste rating in Resto and then moving everything else into Mastery. If you have mana issues move some mastery/crit into Spirit again, but always try to stay just above 2005 haste. As a Moonkin, after intellect you just want to grab haste where you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    what Parkerlynne said, but then again, if you want to get as much of the same gear, aim for having spirit on everything and then reforge away as needed, but you'd still be quite abit over hit cap

Deleted
    but the core gear remains the same? only other reforges? Because i like all 4 specs the druid bear and feral have same gear and gems, only different reforges, which I like =) Is this the case with balance + resto?

Deleted
    Other set bonuses (depending on which/if you have tier pieces), and other reforging - which doesn't matter too much if you are only doing 5 mans and LFR.

It will affect your DPS and healing (being a moonkin with too much hit and mastery instead of haste, and resto with way too much haste and possibly too little spirit), but yeah you can definitly share gear with okay results. But I would probably try to have a few pieces for a specific spec anyway, like trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    but the core gear remains the same? only other reforges? Because i like all 4 specs the druid bear and feral have same gear and gems, only different reforges, which I like =) Is this the case with balance + resto?
    You can reforge into Mastery on both kitty/bear gear and still be effective.

I'm sure you can. LFR is easy enough where it shouldn't be the difference between wiping and succeeding.

Just as an example, when I switch to boomy in my resto gear, I have ~30% hit.
    With reforges and the same exact gear, for a while I still couldn't get below 18%.
    With getting full boomy tier gear (other than resto chest), I'm now down to ~17.4% hit. I can drop lower, but it's at one of those awkward points where it's either .4% below or .4% over, and I usually choose over.

Like others said, for LFR and 5-mans, not really a problem. If you stick with resto haste caps, though, boomy feels like really slow.