Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Was standard in D1 and D2.
    Jay Wilson explictly stated that they didn't want players running around with the map open all the time, so they made the decision to make it impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind a graphics update as well. Maybe a high res texture pack or something. The graphics aren't TERRIBLE their just a bit stale and could use a touch up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that's trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    a way to somehow "store" my skill/rune settings so i don't have to manually reclick them every time.
    Yes. Please. I mean it's better than hearthing to respec before bossfights, but it's a pain to remember what all skills/runes you like for a singletarget fight and then what all skills you prefer for aoeing to switch them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I wouldn't mind a graphics update as well. Maybe a high res texture pack or something. The graphics aren't TERRIBLE their just a bit stale and could use a touch up.
    I think they are quite good considering the top down view. I'm very happy with the fact that my armor changes much more often than in the previous games.

10+ Year Old Account

Runescape

Diablo 3

Yeah, now that you mention it I can't really tell the difference either. Come on, don't be stupid - you can make your point without making up ridiculous claims.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Jay Wilson explictly stated that they didn't want players running around with the map open all the time, so they made the decision to make it impossible.
    Yeah, it was a conscious decision to remove it -- just like offline play, no lan play, etc etc. That doesn't justify it, it means that it wasn't accidental. Players still have the right to disagree with it.

Deleted
    Jackofwind your post is very slightly in favour of diablo there, I mean runescape on highest graphics is significantly better than the picture you posted, completely different textures and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I think they are quite good considering the top down view. I'm very happy with the fact that my armor changes much more often than in the previous games.
    The textures are so bleh. Especially on my Wizards face. It's drab and dull. Their not HORRIBLE, but it's also not as good as it should or could be given Blizzards usual standards. The options for tweaking the graphics are sooooooooo limited as well. Developers have stopped giving us the freedom to screw around with stuff I guess

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'd like to suggest some changes to upgrade the quality of life while playing Diablo III.

... rings are a pain since you have to drag the ring for the left hand to the left hand.
    You can actually hold down the [Alt] key when right-clicking a ring to have it equip to the other slot. Same with weapons you want to equip to the off hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The textures are so bleh. Especially on my Wizards face. It's drab and dull. Their not HORRIBLE, but it's also not as good as it should or could be given Blizzards usual standards. The options for tweaking the graphics are sooooooooo limited as well. Developers have stopped giving us the freedom to screw around with stuff I guess
    Blizzards usual standards? I fail to see where Blizzards standards have ever included top end graphics in any of their games. What I see in D3 is the continued Blizzard "cartoony" textures with some exceptional physics in a top down view. That is Blizzards usual standard in my opinion, not graphics but physics.

Perhaps you should take this on the official forums?

The only thing I want is for Blizzard to stop being retarded and give us offline mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Blizzards usual standards? I fail to see where Blizzards standards have ever included top end graphics in any of their games. What I see in D3 is the continued Blizzard "cartoony" textures with some exceptional physics in a top down view. That is Blizzards usual standard in my opinion, not graphics but physics.
    I thought starcraft looked alot better personally. This one just looks drab imo.

Better interface/method of switching between spells and/or runes on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    Better interface/method of switching between spells and/or runes on the fly.
    Like the first way of selecting spell , that they removed almost near the end of the beta ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    How about graphics better than Runescape or combat better than Dragonfable. No, I am not trolling at all, i'm 100% serious, this is probably the most boring game yet as of this year.
    Lol really dude?

OT: Moving with map open
    To the other guys: want bigger gold pickup range? GEAR IT THEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    His first point has nothing to do with time management, he can't predict where he'll be in D3 when his dinner time comes around, can you? And I agree on his first point. The only upside to the checkpoint issue in-game is, if you have to repeat the stuff it's free exp, that's the only upside to it and a tiny bit more gear/luck on drops.
    You should be able to predict when dinner will be ready though.....pretty easy really. When you get to a checkpoint, stop, look at your time and manage it. Do you have enough time to get to the next checkpoint?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    How about graphics better than Runescape or combat better than Dragonfable. No, I am not trolling at all, i'm 100% serious, this is probably the most boring game yet as of this year.
    You care about graphics in an RPG? Go away.

The ability to make my own chat channel were ppl from my wow guild and former members that now play D3 can chat with each other.
    You know, something like a guild chat

Deleted
    Just hold the alt (or whichever it is to compare loot to "offhand/left hand ring") whatever, and then right click the ring, and it'll go on the other finger... So, yeah.

I hate the fact that I can't play with the map up :/ It really does bother me.

The Cooldown thing on skills I understand (It'd be dumb if I could just chain cast skills, like summon a zombie then immediately switch it with summon fetish army). I wouldn't care if it retained the original CD of the skill I cast.. it's just really annoying.

The gear set thing I agree with completely. If you don't want people switching gear out, don't allow it before a chest. But to allow it and not give people that option is really frustrating. Also, when I solo, my gear/bars are COMPLETELY different than when I group. Currently I play a Poison WD solo and a complete support in group. It's really annoying if I forget ONE skill (say, I have Mass Confusion on my bar when I need fetishes or something) and you get into a group situation... and there are fetishes running around.

Honestly, it's nothing that would stop me from playing, but it is a bit annoying.