Thread: Shaving...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I trim my beard when it gets a few CM's too long. I never touch my chest hair, armpits (My other half will use hair removal cream on my back if we're going somewhere I'm taking me top off) and I occasionally trim my pubic area if I feel they're getting too long or she requests it. Everything else I don't touch (head obviously), I don't see anything wrong with it. My partner likes it. I'm a manly man

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rownbear View Post
    Men are hairy beasts, I trim/shave the beard and pubes but never, NEVER the hair on the chest, would be like shaving a lions mane, which represents it's manlyness. many men cant grow proper beard and body hair so you should wear it with pride, and not shave it away as respect for those unfortunate ones.
    This. x 1 billion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Shaving your armpits is one thing, but your chest? You're a man for crying out loud.

Honestly, if you're going to challenge a person's "manliness" for shaving, I would consider chest hair to be a more important to said "manliness" than armpit hair.

As long as we're giving arbitrary factors to dictate what constitutes a man, I'm going to go ahead and say that if you can't grow a full, thick beard like mine, you are less of a man than I am.*

*No, I'm not being serious.
    I wasn't trying to challenge anyone, and that particular part of the sentence was more of a joke.
    Besides, I am fairly positive my beard is full and thick enough to count as manly.

Deleted
    I don't shave, but sometimes trimm my armpit, since it feels good. Also sometimes trimm my pubes inb4 going out just incase lucky But I proudly wield my chest hair. I've been lucky enough to never start growing any hair on my back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I don't shave, but sometimes trimm my armpit, since it feels good. Also sometimes trimm my pubes inb4 going out just incase lucky But I proudly wield my chest hair. I've been lucky enough to never start growing any hair on my back.
    Lucky? Forget that. We hairy beasts proudly roar like the lions we are.

Plus, it's sort of like putting in a cheat code for social situations. If someone is so turned off by the fact that your back/shoulders don't look like a baby's ass, chances are you wouldn't want to be wasting your time with someone that superficial anyway. Easy peasy.

*rawr*
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Well, I like guys who shave their pubes since it looks more clean that way..it also stinks less. My boyfriend does have very thick armpit hair but it does not bother me THAT much..it is fun teasing him through curling it and besides..it does smell like pure testosterone there *insert me gusta face*.

Chest and back hair look pretty in a ridiculously low amount of cases..I would never ask my man to shave his legs though o _O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Lucky? Forget that. We hairy beasts proudly roar like the lions we are.

Plus, it's sort of like putting in a cheat code for social situations. If someone is so turned off by the fact that your back/shoulders don't look like a baby's ass, chances are you wouldn't want to be wasting your time with someone that superficial anyway. Easy peasy.

*rawr*
    Nice to know my shoulder hair is a bitch-deterrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armpit hair has to go to avoid having to wash yourself the entire day and still smell like shit.
    I view covering that up with deodorant like taking a shit in your own room then spraying perfume over it and act like its all good.
    Chest hair? never.
    Pubes? if requested else nah.
    Leggs/feet? never.
    Facial hair I didnt cut for like 2 years (got rather fed up with being forced to cut it every single morning).
    For a period I looked like a savage viking. But now I just trim every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Armpit hair has to go to avoid having to wash yourself the entire day and still smell like shit.
    I view covering that up with deodorant like taking a shit in your own room then spraying perfume over it and act like its all good.
    Chest hair? never.
    Pubes? if requested else nah.
    Leggs/feet? never.
    Facial hair I didnt cut for like 2 years (got rather fed up with being forced to cut it every single morning).
    For a period I looked like a savage viking. But now I just trim every now and then.
    *Smells pits*

I dunno, I'm fine here. Maybe it's just you? Or do you have a problem with your soap? A shower in the morning plus deodorant is enough to keep me clean throughout the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else try to go for the Mr.Tumnus look? I feel it will catch on again some day... Really under appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Nice to know my shoulder hair is a bitch-deterrent.
    I hate my shoulder-hair. This would be the first place to laser my hair away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I usually at least trim my armpit hair for the aforementioned reason that it traps all kinds of God-awful odors. As for body hair, I'm not an especially hairy individual, so it's a non-issue.

I do have an overabundance of facial hair, but since I loathe shaving, I trim it.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I hate my shoulder-hair. This would be the first place to laser my hair away.
    If Fox wasn't so anal about blocking every Simpsons clip on Youtube I would link the "I'm Shaving My Shoulders" song by Homer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Sorry, you do not win this day.
    Sorry, I did that because there is no logical replay to your illogical post.

As a female, I like a guy who's trimmed, not shaved, except for back...back hair just grosses me out.

And just for people saying "Don't do it for your partner" or whatever. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, being attracted to someone means both physically and emotionally/mentally. Which basically means if I'm not physically attracted to someone, that puts a stopper on a relationship for me. Call me shallow if you want, but I know there's a lot more people who feel like I do who don't. And in relation to this topic, I just could never be attracted to a guy who had ANY back hair, or was just extremely hairy anywhere else (other than arms and legs, that doesn't bother me for whatever reason).
    I mean, yeah, if you partner just one day says "I want you to shave" then it'd be silly to do it, but it may be the difference between someone being attracted to you or not.
    I hope I worded that well enough to get my point across *sigh*

I have suffered from degenerative bearism since I was 16. Its a weekly battle of trimming and shaving. I do my shoulders and back because it irritates me to have it and I live in Hawaii so I'm topless a lot. I trim my chest hair to the #2 on the trimmers because so many men have threatened me with physical violence if I were to shave it, apparently it grows in a very sexy pattern I'm told. I trim the longer pubes to a manageable level and the sack totally clean shorn out of respect to my bf. I have never shaved my pits but I do stand to the side in the mirror and trim off the pit hair that sticks our of my armpit to chest crevice when its at my side due to the hair length.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate having hair , i always shave my head , either Bic-it or zero. Don't grow hair on my arms and very little on my legs or chest , by very little i mean very little. Pubic area though gonna trim in and keep it clean every two months or so , arm pits don't ever gotta worry about. Facial hair doesnt grow in a full way , just grows goatee-ish , and gotta shave every day or two days , cause it looks fucking stupid.

Deleted
    It's been a few days past my shaving, and I haven't experienced the itching. And it all smells a lot cleaner without the big bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trim arm pits and privates...about once in a month. Don't have all that much body hair anyway. Don't think it's stupid or gay, it's a matter of personal preference. Someone (boys and girls) prefer it clean and shaven, others like it just the way it is.

Don't know if I would shave if my gf demanded or asked, it really depends on what kind of relationship you have.
    Mindless...

Deleted
    There's a few things a man doesn't shave and that's your arms, legs and your armpits. Trim whatever you want if extreme but shaving those things, just no.
    Going on your hygiene fetishes you should all be bald and shave your ass aswell.

I've always shaved my chest and armpits because I don't like looking like a gorilla; if it wasn't as thick I wouldn't bother.