Thread: Shaving...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hair doesn't make a man. It makes a monkey.

I shaved my chest once but that was it I was young stupid and trying to impress a girl.

The real question: Why is it more acceptable for a man to not shave at all than for a woman.

Alternately why are women more often expected to shave everything than men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

[QUOTE=MerinPally;16865154]I just don't understand why men shave all their body hair off, to be perfectly honest. If my girlfriend asked me to I would but it'll only grow back thicker and more wirey and faster anyway so may as well just leave it.

Hair growth rate and thickness of hair come from age not by how often you shave.

I don't care what guys shave, personally. Though back hair is kind of a turnoff, it wouldn't bother me enough to ask him to do it. I know how itchy and nasty it can get when you shave places that aren't supposed to be.

Deleted
    I shave armpits, then I feel better, trim the private parts and dont touch the rest.

Edit: Ofc shave my facial hair.
    Last edited by mmoc74dbc71507; 2012-05-17 at 09:07 PM.

I trim my facial hair to stubble and trim the pubic hairs but that is it. Shaving for me in painful so I don't really bother. and I'm a Really hairy guy, I had chest hair when i was 15. To each their own but I have never heard of anyone shaving their armpit hair outside of swimmers it seems odd to me.

I shave my armpits because I pretty much only wear t-shirts and well, hair sticking out the sleeves does not look appealing.

I trim most everywhere because I mountain bike frequently. Most biking attire tends to fit very snug and hair would just get pinched and pulled in most places.

It's a little weird (weird =/= wrong), but I see no problem doing it. I never would, though. Shaving a beard is one thing (even though I like having a bear...or at least being anything but completely clean shaven) because a thick beard can be uncomfortable, get in the way, etc. but I never have that problem with arm/leg/chest/pit hair...but then again, my chest barely has any hair on it (can't say same for arms or legs) at 21.

At the same time I don't really see the point of body piercings or tatoos either, so that probably factors in to my feelings on it. But being uncomfortable with someone who shaves their body-hair is no different, imo, then being uncomfortable with a women who has a buzz-cut.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I just don't understand why men shave all their body hair off, to be perfectly honest. If my girlfriend asked me to I would but it'll only grow back thicker and more wirey and faster anyway so may as well just leave it.

I stand by my opinion though which is that men who shave their bodys clean of all hair are as homosexual as those who insist on wearing cardigans.

Not that there is anything wrong with gay people, it's just that most do it because "girls like that" and most of the time as far as I can tell, they don't really care, and it's quite obvious they're doing it because they like being as smooth as a babys ass.
    I do it for a few tenths of a second off for swimming. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

I grew a beard because my wife was curious what I'd look like with one. Now I'm not allowed to shave it off. Thus, your theory of girls liking clean shaven dudes is false. It all depends on the girl.

As for shaving anything else, I'm not motivated enough to care. I'm the type who can shave my beard off at 7am and have a 5 o clock shadow by 2pm. It would be a never ending battle to keep any of it looking even remotely decent.

The bottom line, you wanna shave all your hair off and look like a naked mole rat go for it. If you don't wanna shave and look like a bear walking upright, go for it. Or figure out some middle ground and look human I guess. No one cares and if anyone says they care they have less of a life then the rest of us idiot WoW players.

Deleted
    Sometimes these advertisement, which is made to measure your browser history is scary...

http://www.lepilatoire.de/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Steve View Post
    As a man, never shave your ass. One of the biggest mistakes you can make. Trust me. If you are hairier than others where you have an amazon growing out of your ass then the best thing to do is to trim it down like the wood industry. In general for any hairy area this is what you want to do as a man because lets face it, who the hell wants to get waxed every other week? But 100% srs, the prickle feeling of your hair follicles growing back on your ass is the most uncomfortable feeling, ever.
    honestly i just snorted my coffee laughing so hard. thank you for that.

but honestly as a woman. if youre a hairy guy i dont care. if youre naturally not hairy i dont care. if you take your shirt off and look like a bear...i still dont care.
    do treat me with respect? do you have some resemblance of a brain? okay.

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LCSscallywag View Post
    I grew a beard because my wife was curious what I'd look like with one. Now I'm not allowed to shave it off. Thus, your theory of girls liking clean shaven dudes is false. It all depends on the girl.
    yup my ex was the same deal. he looked like a lumberjack and i loved it.

Deleted
    A man that shaves his armpits would be acceptable but legshaving...no...just, NO.

im a greasy 1/2 italian male who also has hungarian ancestry. Hair is unavoidable and any attempt to hide it is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    I've never ever heard of men shaving their arm pits, that practice seems rather bizarre/feminine to me, all you pit shavers care to explain why?
    Less stinky, less "external" mess to worry about, don't have to worry about my hair sticking out of my tshirt, etc etc. Same reason I shave my balls, chesthair is a minor inconvience, I either do it once in a while or don't bother at all.
    I liek fysix

10+ Year Old Account
    And what do most woman like? Do you consider shaving your armpits "gay"?
    As a gay person I don't even shave my armpits. I shave my back chest and face and groin, but nothing else.

Choosing to not look like a repulsive hairy man beast does not make you "gay"

If you believe your sexuality is determined by body hair theirs probably deeper issues that you have.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-05-17 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    Less stinky, less "external" mess to worry about, don't have to worry about my hair sticking out of my tshirt, etc etc. Same reason I shave my balls, chesthair is a minor inconvience, I either do it once in a while or don't bother at all.
    I attempted once to shave down there, cut ( lololol ) and decided to leave it. I believe I don't posses the technique to do that properly. Funny to see the topic involving more then just armpit hair /giggles

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    As a gay person I don't even shave my armpits. I shave my back chest and face and groin, but nothing else.

Choosing to not look like a repulsive hairy man beast does not make you "gay"

Most om my mates consider it "gay" to remove any hair on your body. I for myself think it's not, but like I said there are no such "rules" for man how to actually look like. I don't have anything against gays

I understand that opinions are different Just wanted to find out if others had the same vision on this

As for hair, I don't have much on my arms/legs/back, but more on my chest. Weird...
    Last edited by mmoc80711df9dc; 2012-05-17 at 10:42 PM.

I don't get people who go with the smell argument. Removing the hair will actually make you sweat more, especially in the armpit area.

Shaving the hair is all about looks, don't kid yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    I don't get people who go with the smell argument. Removing the hair will actually make you sweat more, especially in the armpit area.
    the deodorant just cakes onto the armpit hair as opposed to skin.

At least that happens to me. I can't say anything on the sweating more or less thing.