Voters
156. This poll is closed
  • Iron Man

118 75.64%
  • Remilia Scarlet

38 24.36%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never heard of this character, so I'm basing my decision on what summary Dalliah has provided.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Gungnir
    Remilia's signature weapon is the Gungnir. The spear is described as having the ability to always pierce cleanly through its target and as never stopping during its thrust.
    This sounds pretty powerful, and from the description, it sounds like it can pretty easily pierce Iron Man's armor / body / whatever. That said, I don't know how accurate / fast it is...would it be able to hit Iron Man while he's in flight, and dodging?

Fate Manipulation
    Remilia has the power to control the fate of others and herself, though she does not like to use this power often. She practices it with little things and has gotten quite good at it lately. She finds it harder to use under extreme stress, despite that being when she'd normally need it.
    Welp, this seems like a pretty overpowered ability, although the ending part does seem a bit less useful. But if this is useable in the fight, pre-fight, we might as well call the showdown here. If she can determine the fate of anyone, she can defeat anyone before they even start fighting.

Blood Manipulation
    Starting out as a simple experiment, Remilia found she could manipulate blood. Though she rarely uses this ability, she finds it useful to keep in practice in case she ever actually needs it.
    Again, not enough information here. How does she manipulate it? How close does she have to be?

Darkness Manipulation
    After being possessed by a sort of darkness, she began using her fate manipulation to learn to control it. It's difficult, and she sometimes believe it will possess her again, though she's managed to hold it off so far. It takes a lot out of her to use this, so she usually only uses it when she is desperate.
    Not quite sure what this means, either. Does it strengthen her? Harm enemies?

Power Boost
    Remilia gets a serious boost in energy when the scarlet moon is in the sky, and an even more powerful boost when she looks at it. This causes her to lose her sanity, though, and go on a rampage. Sometimes she might even try to manipulate fate and keep the scarlet moon at the sky when she is in this state, though she usually regains her sanity in the middle of a rampage either by fighting her insanity or not looking at the moon for a long period of time. Lately she's been trying to fight off the effects of the scarlet moon when it is up, despite visibly struggling to do so.
    Sounds like when in Dragon Ball Z, when Saiyans see the moon, with their 'tail intact.

Overall, while I don't know much about "Remilia Scarlet", it sounds like she's pretty overpowered. She can manipulate people's fate, which just flat-out isn't fair. But all-in-all, sounds like she could defeat Iron Man. Voted for her.

Also, agreed with Vellus. I have no idea who this person is, and I haven't been "living under a rock".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    He's not that powerful. Not even close. He can't exactly counter fate, either.
    Power as in strength? Hell no.

Power as in abilities (flight, super strength, lazers, etc.)? Yar.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Power as in strength? Hell no.

Power as in abilities (flight, super strength, lazers, etc.)? Yar.
    I don't think those would help much against fate manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Rem cant manipulate fate under stress. Having a guy chasing you down with extreme speed and firing missiles at you would be pretty stressful.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is supposed to be a popularity contest, I don't care. Never heard of this girl.

And if what pickles said is true, ^.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Rem cant manipulate fate under stress. Having a guy chasing you down with extreme speed and firing missiles at you would be pretty stressful.
    Yes she can.

She finds it harder to use under extreme stress
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    If this is supposed to be a popularity contest, it doesn't matter.

And if it's true, what pickles said.
    Reread quote.

Yes she can.

Reread quote.
    Bro, she wouldnt have a chance to stop and do that shit with Iron Man chasing her down. Learn his powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Also, agreed with Vellus. I have no idea who this person is, and I haven't been "living under a rock".
    Rocks make great homes.

Bro, she wouldnt have a chance to stop and do that shit with Iron Man chasing her down. Learn his powers.
    You're assuming it'd take a long time to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt vote yet as i dont know remilia from the discription dalia gave i would say she wins easy.

If annyine can answer me this qeustion
    It says she is a vampire? does that mean she has all the regular vampire weaknesses meaning if iron man blew off the roof and blew away that mist she would get fried by the sun? tnx

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Didnt vote yet as i dont know remilia from the discription dalia gave i would say she wins easy.

If annyine can answer me this qeustion
    It says she is a vampire? does that mean she has all the regular vampire weaknesses meaning if iron man blew off the roof and blew away that mist she would get fried by the sun? tnx

Well she created the mist so the sun wouldnt affect her.....

But can she enter a home without an invitation and cross running water?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    But can she enter a home without an invitation and cross running water?
    According to the wiki I read, running water and garlic affect her, but crosses do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that phases her a bit is sunlight, however it isn't like she dies or anything, just weakens, however she can block it out.

Running water doesn't work by what ZUN's description as far as I know.

3 Things about Iron Man.

1. He has the Space Gem. He doesn't like using it, because it links him to the Illuminati, but this would allows him to control all movement in the universe. So he could send Remilia Scarlet into the sun or a black hole with a single thought.

2. She's a vampire that's weakened by sunlight. Iron Man's Omni Beam can project sunlight at over 25,000 degrees.

3. For those that don't actually know about Iron Man, he's not just a guy in a suit anymore, he's a mutant with actual superpowers due to the Extermis virus. He has a regenerative healing factor, he stores his suit in his own body, and he has superhuman reflexes. And yes, you can take away his blood and he won't care due to his healing factor.

Deleted

Care to tell us how this works?
    Or are you meaning as she made the mist in order to get away from the sun, and as such, his question still stands - can the sun wipe her out?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    3 Things about Iron Man.

1. He has the Space Gem. He doesn't like using it, because it links him to the Illuminati, but this would allows him to control all movement in the universe. So he could send Remilia Scarlet into the sun or a black hole with a single thought.

2. She's a vampire that's weakened by sunlight. Iron Man's Omni Beam can project sunlight at over 25,000 degrees.

3. For those that don't actually know about Iron Man, he's not just a guy in a suit anymore, he's a mutant with actual superpowers due to the Extermis virus. He has a regenerative healing factor, he stores his suit in his own body, and he has superhuman reflexes. And yes, you can take away his blood and he won't care due to his healing factor.
    Stan Lee sure have a boner for making ridiculously overpowered heroes...
    Yes, im looking at you Flash and you Superman, in your castle-in-a-sun.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-17 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man turns on the high beams and vaporizes her.

Iron Man wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Care to tell us how this works?
    Or are you meaning as she made the mist in order to get away from the sun, and as such, his question still stands - can the sun wipe her out?
    Its a mist created to block out the sun for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    3 Things about Iron Man.

Danmaku > Lasers.

Also manipulating someone's fate > anything you do. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes i got that but that doesn't answer my qeustion. How is the mist made what is it made of? If its yust like a regular mist it wouldn't take much for iron man to blow it away exposing her to sunlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abstaining from voting since I don't know or care who Remilia is.