Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Do some research on a game before buying it. If you don't like killing the same content on a much harder difficulty over and over, the game isn't for you.
    You clearly didnt read his post. he got it from the annual pass, That doesnt mean he bought it

Hell is so much fun, can't wait for inferno. Always play with friends and it's great.

The game is supposed to challenge you. Nightmare was alright, hell is good and inferno is going to be amazing. Having to formulate strats for champion packs is pretty sweet.

As had been said, the game isn't for everyone. Keep at it a while longer and if you don't start enjoying it don't play it. You got it for free anyway right?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Don't assume that reaching level 2 (nightmare) is the end of the game or boring. I don't think you have gotten far in nightmare to find some difficult bosses.
    he's not assuming anything. He's telling you it IS boring for him.

All I can say diablo is a good game but obviously not for everyone. Find it boring? save yourself the trouble and stop playing it for a while. Sounds like you've given it a good hammering playing it through twice already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    "Rude"? All they intended to say was that calling yourself a longtime Diablo player and then claiming you don't like going through the same content is a contradiction.
    But he didn't call himself a long time player... He said the exact opposite. How you turn NO into AN, in which the sentence would then make no sense at all, is very odd. The OP is simply stating he is bored with the game and wants to know what part of it keeps other people interested.

OT: If you're bored, then don't play it and stick to WoW. Mists shouldn't be too far away and I know you have beta access. Go do some testing! You got it for free anyways bud.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Diablo 2 did seem more gripping to me than Diablo 3 does, when I remember my play schedule back then. I was fucking hooked on D2. Diablo 3 is fun, but it has not ensnared me the same way.

Uhm, how about becoming unstoppable Barbarian tank machine? Breh?

Nothing at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Blizzard should stop trying so hard to make the games "accessible" to everyone.
    The game should be hard from Act I in Normal difficulty.
    Why the heck should a game be hard on normal difficulty if there's also a "hard" difficulty?

If you want hard difficulty, play hard difficulty.

Not sure what the complicated part of that is.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Some people are so focused on being a "smartass" they forget about the "smart".

He was talking about nightmare vs normal.
    Not that I agree with the OP, though.

The only flaw is that the game is easy.

As in overwhelming if you rush.
    Requiring some leveling for veterans.
    Requiring alot of leveling and/or learning for newbie players.
    Requiring newbie players to learn the game well in order to advance into harder modes.

Difficulty (challenge vs skill) that can be overcome with leveling and/or gear is welcome.
    Overwhelming difficulty (challenge vs skill) that can't be overcome with leveling or gear should be reserved for end game.
    ---

If you change from blindfold, dangling loot piñata to loot giveaway it kinda loses its spark, mm?
    Maybe you're just the best Diablo player there ever was? And since I know someone would take this seriously I was kidding

sounds like maybe they should have skipped the harder modes, ramped up normal a bit and made the game twice as long.

The games difficult enough. Honestly, it's going to progressively get harder the further you go; the differences between Act 1 and Act 2 in nightmare are VERY noticeable, and that's all I can comment on as that's how far I am.

However if you find this boring to replay the game, it's not the game for you. It's designed to be a dungeon crawler; what that means is you replay various dungeons, obtain better items, go for sets (later) and overall play the game 20 different was, preferably each class through each phase. TRUST me when I say once those yellow/blue mobs have FOUR abilities on them, it's going to take your entire group or even yourself coordinating exactly how to nuke things down and where your abilities need to be cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    LOL, I did. Read it as "an" for some reason.

Apologies to the OP.

You never misread a word or mistake a sentence? I'm sure everyone does, Mr. Dave Eggers. -_-
    If you read "I'm an long time...." and didn't stop in your tracks to read it again it's probably because you wanted to make the OP look bad, for some reason lol

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Why the heck should a game be hard on normal difficulty if there's also a "hard" difficulty?

If you want hard difficulty, play hard difficulty.

Not sure what the complicated part of that is.
    Obviously he meant that game should be aimed on Hardcore community to prevent "Whine/It's SO Hard threads" (Whiners and casuals ragequit game after act1)

For those who say its easy, I'm at Act II Hell, and it sure isnt easy...im getting farmed by blue packs of 3+, and massive packs are the bane of my existence, even as a Monk with good gear.

Play the whole game, then judge.

Diablo is entirely about grinding the same content over and over and over on higher difficulty settings. If you don't see yourself enjoying that, it might not be for you, because that's what you will do to progress in the game

Some people are so focused on being a "smartass" they forget about the "smart".

He was talking about nightmare vs normal.
    Not that I agree with the OP, though.

The only flaw is that the game is easy.

As in overwhelming if you rush.
    Requiring some leveling for veterans.
    Requiring alot of leveling and/or learning for newbie players.
    Requiring newbie players to learn the game well in order to advance into harder modes.

Difficulty (challenge vs skill) that can be overcome with leveling and/or gear is welcome.
    Overwhelming difficulty (challenge vs skill) that can't be overcome with leveling or gear should be reserved for end game.
    ---

If you change from blindfold, dangling loot piñata to loot giveaway it kinda loses its spark, mm?
    Try Act III Nightmare +, and hell. Then come back at me. You WILL die.

Deleted
    Im on Act3 in Hell, playing it co-op with another friends, its so much more fun now than it was in normal/nightmare. Both of our skill setups are constantly changing to adapt to each other and the bosses/elites we are facing. Definitely try to get to Hell, its like a completely new game

Quote Originally Posted by abrasive View Post
    So, I'm no longtime diablo player, but I picked up Diablo 3 with the annual pass offer, and after blowing through Normal and doing some of Nightmare, I'm already bored as hell. Can someone please explain to me what they feel is engaging about D3? I don't like trodding through the exact same game content (bar some random dungeon creation).. but what bugs me is WoW is just as repetitive, but I don't get bored with WoW, so I'm really at a loss as to why I'm so bored. Also, Error 3007 is ridiculously annoying and I DC every 15-30 mins, despite seldom DCing from WoW or SC2 (maybe once every 2 weeks)....

Currently I haven't been this addicted to a game since burning crusade pve endgame. I know it's still early days but I have always loved diablos fast paced action.

However TBC endgame was the pinnacle of my gaming , I had the time and passion to play the game to its fullest, great times!

Cata is shit!